S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Bout to purchase 04 S4 Avant... some ?????

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 07:36 PM
BTX
1st Gear
Default Bout to purchase 04 S4 Avant... some ?????

Hey guys... I'm new around here and have been wanting a 2004 A4 Avant 6spd.

Turns out they are few and far between, so in my search I have stumbled upon a 2004 S4 Avant with 15k miles on it and it has been completely babied.

I'm getting out of an E46 M3, due to the need to commute more and I need more space.

As far as a DD and a travel vehicle, how does an 04 S4 avant fair? Good ride? Reliability? How often will it need servicing? MPG? Any and all feedback would be great as I might be driving to Florida to buy this thing.

O..... and it is Nagaro blue/ on Nagaro Alcantara!!

Old 06-26-2006, 07:43 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Bout to purchase 04 S4 Avant... some ?????

curiousity..how much you selling the M for.. or are you trading in.

Old 06-26-2006, 08:36 PM
BTX
1st Gear

Hey Sooks..... found a guy who is selling his S4 Avant who buys/sells cars. Has a guy who will buy it from me at wholesale + covering Sales tax of new car. Not the best deal in the world, but the selling price on the other car is low. I would still be open to selling it to someone if they were interested. Its priced right now at 38K but I would sell it for 37K if someone moved quick. Thats a steal for the condition and mileage of this car!! I just want to get out of it quick.

Old 06-26-2006, 08:47 PM
1st Gear

Hey BTX--I don't know if I would buy from a wholesaler (if that's what he is). I used to work in a dealership and the wholesellers were the sleaziest guys I'd ever met. They'd screw anybody/anytime.

Dunno if you got a different feeling from this guy--just telling you to be careful.

Another thing--wholesale meaning below even KBB/NADA/Edmunds trade in??!? When I was in sales, wholesale was basically always below any published trade-in value and was what the wholeseller sold the car for to a dealership. I think you can get way more for your car--unless there's something wrong with it.

Not meaning to rain on your parade---just warning you to be cautious about this situation. I'm interested to hear what others on the forum think.

Old 06-26-2006, 08:55 PM
BTX
1st Gear

Thanks man for the heads up!! I know I can get more for my car.... but I want to be out of it, and don't want to wait forever. I'm just impatient like that. The car selling the Avant is not a wholesaler. He is a car nut and a Audi enthusiast. He has babied this car, and it has been a garage queen for the most part. The car is this side of perfect. The wholesaler is just a friend of his willing to take my car off my hands. With him covering the sales tax on the new car, I'm still short 1500-2000K of what I want for my car currently, but the guy with the Avant is cutting me a whale of a deal as well + I'm still working on the deal.

I would love to sell my M to another enthusiast, but not if it takes a month. She is a beauty, but timing is the issue, and I just don't have alot of it to be worrying about getting out of one car and into another. Again, thanks so much for your insight and if you know anyone that is looking to buy a E46 M3 in great condition quick, I will cut them a STEAL OF A DEAL!

Old 06-26-2006, 09:02 PM
1st Gear

Cool, sounds like you got your bases covered. Sorry I misunderstood . Hopefully you will get the Avant and become a member of the board .