S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

bout to buy a s4

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 03:14 AM
Default bout to buy a s4

Ok guy's heres the run down,i'm 22 and i currently own a pretty much perfect 89 supra, it's getting up there in age, but still hauls ***, gotten me into alot of trouble too. however i still need to own 2 cars with it. So i set out to look for a newer car, i have about 8k cash, and the rest i will need a loan for. looked into the saab 9-3 which i like, and is still a option. the volvo s60 t5 just for the awd and such, i've all but gotten away from that idea, and the s4 which at the moment is what i'm leaning towards.

I like the idea that i can do the exhaust and ecu, lower it and that's it, to have a rather nice car.... i can do the same to the 9-3 but it's only fwd so winter would suck.

So being pretty much sold on the s4, from what i've gathered get a 01+ for the stability, other than that, what typicaly goes on these car's? i'm trying to save cash for other purposes so i dont want to be breaking things looking for a 50k miles or so one, hope to spend about 18k on it i want a auto since i will be on the highway all over working 2+ full time jobs,... i will only hold onto the car till its paid off or at most 2 years. and then transfer into a lower mile one, or somthing like that so i dont plan on keeping it for forever

so i guess to sum it up, what usually breaks, how much to fix and such. and is this the car for me? being i like comfort and perks. i know its got those just wondering in the practical sence

thanx for your input, and hope to be of some help to you guys real soon!
Brian B.