S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Bose noise compensation

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 08:41 AM
Default Bose noise compensation

I just bought a 2005 S4 witha Bose stereo and wanted to know if there is any way to disable the automatic noise compensation. It hasa Sebring exhaust which has a nice grumble to it, but the noise compensation increases the volume way too much during acceleration. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this problem with the Bose system after upgrading to a performance exhaust.

Old 12-22-2006, 03:31 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Bose noise compensation

Not sure what you are asking.

Are you talking about the volume getting louder as you go faster?
Speed Sensitive Volume SVC

Turn off radio.
While pressing and holding the P.Scan button, turn on radio.
You'll see something like "SVC 3" on the display. This is the adjustment of the effect of the Speed-sensitive Volume Control.
Turn the tuning **** (right side ****) to increase or decrese the effect, the range is from 1 to 5 (5 is maximum).

Old 12-23-2006, 09:37 AM
Default RE: Bose noise compensation

The SVC function is on the regular Symphony radios and the manual states how you can adjust or disable that. The BOSE systems have "Dynamic Noise Compensation" which uses a microphone to adjust the volume to the ambient noise in the car. The manual does not state how or if that feature can be turned off. With the louder exhaust, I think it is overcompensating and it sounds like the volume doubles during acceleation when the exhaust sound is loudest.

The stereo sounds good but the noticeable increase in volume is pretty annoying and I find my constantly adjusting the volume. I wanted to know if this is something others have noticed or if there is something wrong with the Dynamic Noise Compenation in my stereo.