S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Blitz Dual turbo timer digital compact install!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 11:38 PM
1st Gear
Default Blitz Dual turbo timer digital compact install!!!!

So I bought it on ebay and I am wondering if any of you guys have installed it on your car because I am not educated in any way to install this thing. Thanks to all who help.

Old 09-11-2007, 08:25 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Blitz Dual turbo timer digital compact install!!!!

I found this, not the same turbo timer, but i bet all th the wires at teh same.
http://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec98.shtml
I will look some more i know i ahve ssem a blitz install around some where.

Old 09-11-2007, 08:34 AM
2nd Gear

Knew I would find it, jsut remember that the search button is the best help ever.
http://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/1410260.phtml

Old 09-11-2007, 12:11 PM
3rd Gear

Factory TT, cost $19 & takes 5min to install, it's in the FAQ.
http://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/1629709.phtml

Old 09-11-2007, 12:26 PM
1st Gear

thanks guys for the help. yeah i tried searching but I guess I put in the wrong combo of words. thanks again. Yeah 2k, I actually have one installed already. I bought the Blitz because it had the dual turbo timer/boost gauge because I wanted to make sure my turbos would never over heat and because I didnt want to spend tons of money on a boost gauge. I will eventually buy a manual boost gauge but I figured $150 for both was a pretty good deal.

Old 09-11-2007, 12:42 PM
1st Gear

do you guys know any install websites because the electrical side of all this stuff is completely over my head

Old 09-11-2007, 05:05 PM
1st Gear

I also have this turbo timer, but I paid $120 for it. If you follow that tech guide that readimag as suggested you’ll be fine. This TT has one of the cleanest installs out there. If you really end up needing help I’ll try to guide you along, but I installed it about 2 months ago & I would have to really set & remember what wires went to X & Y.

Old 09-11-2007, 05:20 PM
1st Gear

i agree the write-up is good but i need to know where the vaccum line (i am pretty sure I know where it goes), the purple wire, and actually the rest of it. I read the instruction that came with the package and it talked about tapping into the ignition coupler, which made me more on edge. sorry for whining but i am pretty lost.

Old 09-11-2007, 06:46 PM
1st Gear

Well, first thing is forget about the installation instruction that come with the timer. Follow the online tech guide. As for the vacuum line, that goes to the hose on the FPR (fuel pressure regulator). Its right under the engine cover, it should be the only hose covered with fabric, just to the right top part of the engine. Just use the T fitting provided & run the line along side the computer harness. You should only have to use two of the wires from the timer. I did use the instructions that came with the timer to identify the wires in relation with the tech guide wires. For example: if the blue wire in the tech guide is constant 12v, then I would look at the blitz instructions to see what wire was identified as constant 12v (Red wire). This wire will most likely not be the same color as the tech guide, because that guide is for the Greddy timer, but same principle. Hope this helps some I really don’t remember much of the install. I do remember that the e-brake wire sucked to get to, it’s the brown & white wire….. Hit me up if you have anymore questions.
O, hope you know it’s in bar not psi????

Old 09-11-2007, 07:02 PM
1st Gear

thanks for the advice man and yeah i just remembered that it was in bars. Do you know an easy conversion cause i am more familiar with psi? thanks again

Another question: Why is there a wire for the e-brake? just curious

Quick Reply: Blitz Dual turbo timer digital compact install!!!!