S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Best theft deterrent

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 04:22 PM
1st Gear
Default Best theft deterrent

Got theride, now want to protect it. I have lojack early warning which I got the dealer to throw in, but want a visual deterrent as well. I think the club is easy to get around with just a simple pocket saw through the steering wheel. I've seen it done in less than 5 minutes with a 3 inch saw blade. How about the locks for the pedals??? Any thoughts??? How good is the standard anti theft mechanism in the audi. I've had the car for 2 days and don't even know yet if it kills the ignition, fuel both or neither....

Old 10-02-2005, 05:52 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Best theft deterrent

Just put a 9mm on your dashboard, and a shotgun in your backseat, those thiefs will know you're all business and leave you alone! But actually I would also like to know how to protect my baby (once i get her in a few days).

Old 10-02-2005, 08:41 PM
1st Gear

i dont think audi is too much to wory about.. lojack is the best system.. good job u got that... if you can u might want a louder alarm?

Audi isn't that bad.. most people get cars like escalades over audis...

Old 10-02-2005, 09:25 PM
1st Gear

i think the little red light that blinks in the door panel is good enough, car theft has went way down, plus audis arent exactly "easy" to just drive off with. if you want kill switch apr makes a chip that has that option, power and security... yay!

Old 10-03-2005, 02:15 AM

if u want visual i would use the pedal lock (auto lock) i sold a ton when i worked at pep boys and they give u a big yellow steering wheels cover so ppl know that u have it.

Old 10-03-2005, 06:22 AM
2nd Gear

Screw all of that. If a thief really wants your car they will get it. I know people always say make it harder to take so the thief will look elsewhere, but if they're looking at an Audi to begin with, it's because they want it. A late model Audi is already going to be hard to steal, so if they're just looking for a joyride, you don't need to worry.

Keep the LoJack, keep good insurance, and don't leave anything in the car that you can't replace (wedding videos, class rings, underage daughters).

*spelling*

Old 10-03-2005, 05:39 PM
1st Gear

silverseven is right guys...i have seen someone walk up to a 2004 911 targa, open the door, and do some unbelievable stuff with a computer...the car was his in 5 minutes. If someone wants to steal your stuff, they are going to...

And as for lojack, if anybody ever took my car and went on a nice joyride or had it for a couple weeks, chances are i NEVER want to see it again. all i can say is have a good insurance policy my friend, and dont leave briefcases/wallets/electronics out in the open.

Old 10-03-2005, 09:21 PM

thats true. I mean they dont even need any of taht all they need is a flat bed and pull it up on there. Sure it will make a lil noise but most ppl will just see a nice car and think its being repo'd