S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Best FMIC size for minimal bumper cutting??

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 12:39 AM
5th Gear
Default Best FMIC size for minimal bumper cutting??

I want to get an FMIC, but my budget is pretty tight right now so I'm thinking ebay special, at least for now. does anyone have suggestions for a good size to get? i don't really want to chop up my front bumper if i don't have to. also, where do you get hoses for these custom setups?

EDIT: Also, how do the upgraded side mount intercoolers compare with an FMIC?

Last edited by BFlan2001; 09-11-2009 at 12:52 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:39 AM

try vast or jhmotors. they have some good kits at really nice prices and they should fit well.

Old 09-11-2009, 01:21 PM
5th Gear

Thanks for the tip. Got a website for JH Motors? I can't find them on google

edit: nvm i found them

Last edited by BFlan2001; 09-11-2009 at 01:30 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:34 PM
2nd Gear

JHM is the same as Ebay FMIC's, they just began to sell it as a kit with the necessary hardware. it's what I have on my car, but you'll most likely need to chop up the bumper a bit and get rid of the fog lights.

Old 09-11-2009, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mott Power
JHM is the same as Ebay FMIC's, they just began to sell it as a kit with the necessary hardware. it's what I have on my car, but you'll most likely need to chop up the bumper a bit and get rid of the fog lights.
Im pretty sure on the website it shows a car with fog lights still installed, Mott do you have fog lights?

BTW thanks for the tails looks real nice my turn signal bulb does not fit the spot what is the number off your bulb

Old 09-11-2009, 06:57 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by digdgb
Im pretty sure on the website it shows a car with fog lights still installed, Mott do you have fog lights?

BTW thanks for the tails looks real nice my turn signal bulb does not fit the spot what is the number off your bulb
That actually reminds me, the core is the same as the ebay ones, but their pipping and hardware is different. Mine is all ebay so the pipes really bulge out, even though I have a Rieger bumper. I can't fit any fog lights.

I sent you a PM about the bulbs!

Old 09-12-2009, 09:43 PM
2nd Gear

Here's a pic of mine, this is the ebay version. It's a VERY tight fit, and the bumper had to be trimmed quite a bit to fit. The stock bumpers are better with fitment, however, the pipping really determines the space from which you could fit the fog lights and grill covers.

And just on another note, I've never had a single cooling issue with this setup, I've been in stop and go traffic, beaten the crap out of the car on the side roads and never had a single issue with coolant level. Granted I am blocking part of the intercooler, and I am debating cutting it up a bit or adding some ducts to direct more air to the upper portion. So keep that in mind as well.

Attached Thumbnails Best FMIC size for minimal bumper cutting??-dsc00902.jpg  
Old 09-13-2009, 10:37 PM
5th Gear

Mott, I'm not sure I understand your post. You mention that you're not overheating with this setup, but that part of your IC is blocked. Wouldn't a more open IC mean lower temps?

Old 09-14-2009, 01:38 PM
1st Gear

http://www.jhmotorsports.com/

Last edited by Scott Long; 09-14-2009 at 01:40 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:53 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by BFlan2001
Mott, I'm not sure I understand your post. You mention that you're not overheating with this setup, but that part of your IC is blocked. Wouldn't a more open IC mean lower temps?
Sorry I didn't explain that well, or I should have separated that paragraph. My coolant temperatures are still great, I've never had over heating issues with an FMIC setup.

On the other hand, my bumper is blocking part of the IC, which is kind of a pain, so you may have to cut your bumper if you want great airflow to the IC.

Two seperate points I was trying to make, haha.

Quick Reply: Best FMIC size for minimal bumper cutting??