S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

aux water pump

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 02:38 PM
1st Gear
Default aux water pump

turns out my aux. water pumps has sprung a leak. go figure!
anyways. figured i would change out my spark plugs while i had everything accessable. i'm running an apr program, called them today to find out what plug they recommend and at what gap to set the plugs. they suggested a NGK PFR7Q plug with a .028 gap. ordered the plugs... not cheap. i was wondering, for those of you out there running the same program. Has it been your experience that those plugs are the right ones for the program, and is the gap suitable for those plugs? i've seen write ups on here with people suggesting running a closer gap...?? i'm sure the guys at apr know their stuff, but it doesn't hurt to check with those who actually experience and drive the car everyday.

Old 02-12-2010, 10:36 PM

the stock gap is .032 so that seems right if your chipped. i've also read that cheap plain jane copper plugs are best for higher boost engines. im just about to do the exact same thing since mine has leaked and im gonna change my plugs too...and change out the driver side cam plug.. im not chipped though so i will be running .032

Old 02-12-2010, 11:29 PM
1st Gear

you know, i was about to ask what other preventative maintenance things i could do while i was in there. whats the cam plug about?

Old 02-13-2010, 12:03 AM
2nd Gear

stage 2 or 3 gap plugs at .023-.027.. copper plugs, or go with the bosch sidefires.. and dont mess with the cam plugs unless yours is leaking oil....

Old 02-16-2010, 08:00 PM

cam plugs can leak onto your turbos creating a nasty burning oil smell in your cabin. its common to change those with your valve cover gaskets, cam adjuster seals(you need a special tool) and cam plugs all at once, along with your spark plugs since you're already in there and heck why not your air filter too. since you're doing that might as well try the darintake mod too if you havent already.

Old 02-17-2010, 01:23 AM
1st Gear

i have been getting some oil burning smell, usually in the mornings when i first start the car up. i'll definitely take a look into the cam plugs, the pump should be here friday, got the spark plugs, should have it in saturday.... hopefully. already have a dairintake... are there any gaskets i should be ordering before i take it all apart? is there a gasket between the block and the intake manifold?

Old 02-17-2010, 02:12 PM
1st Gear

Yes their are two gaskets (one per side) between the head and intake and you should always replace them. I have seen people use them again and they always leak. One thing that ran me up the wall when I did my waterpump were the injector O-rings one goy a small cut in it and leaked, took me forever to figure it out so I would replace them since they are like two bucks for them all. They are the same as a GM injector O-ring

Old 02-17-2010, 10:58 PM
2nd Gear

my car was leaking oiul out the valve cover, i didnt mess with the cam seals cause they were not leaking.. ive hered dont mess with them ifithey dont leak.. so you bbetter not. 144lk thousand miles..

Old 02-23-2010, 01:53 PM
1st Gear

Ok I have to chime in because there is a lot of wrong info about gapping spark plugs. Audi requires the gap to be between .016 - .024 inches. Just because it says .032 or .028 on the spark plug box does not mean that is right. Trust me when I say if you run .032 or .028 you will eventually start to misfire. Stay between .016 - .024 inches and you will be fine.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:00 AM

that close even with a stock computer?

Quick Reply: aux water pump