S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Autospeed FMIC?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 10:13 PM
1st Gear
Default Autospeed FMIC?

Whats goin on with this autospeed front mount everyones been talkin about forever? Autospeed makes some of the best parts,anyone have any pictures any specs..anything on this front mount?! Definitly want it once it comes out if its better than the DUH (which it should be).

Old 09-25-2006, 11:38 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Autospeed FMIC?

well the fact that autospeed is in business and DUH isnt is a huge reason to get it over the DUH.

Old 09-25-2006, 11:53 PM
1st Gear

[:@] WTF i wish i knew about this before I bought my fmic.... The piping for mine sucked im sure autospeeds will be real nice i have the exhaust which is pretty nice also so id imagine its gona be good.

Old 09-26-2006, 02:32 AM
2nd Gear

Like anything with ASP u will be waiting for ages to get it shipped to u[:@]

Hey scarzie, where u been mate, havent seen on AF for a while, good to have u back

Old 09-26-2006, 04:49 AM
Site Moderator

Here is a pic of it

there is talk it will also come with an oil cooler that will be mounted in one of the old stock side mount intercooler spots.

No official numbers on it, but ive been told that supposedly it will be like equivlent to 4 rs4 intercoolers.

and yeah scarzie.. good to have you back where have you been

Old 09-26-2006, 07:44 AM
2nd Gear

Dont tell me u were in witness protection scarzie? Did they treat u all rite?

Thanks for putting the pic up again sooks, thats a pretty ugly FMIC. I bet that would almost cook an engine - and i bet u would need the RS4 front end?

Look at the silcone IC hoses rubbing on the bumper support! [:@] Doesnt a FMIC compromise the saftey (airbag sensors etc) on the S4 - thats why none of the 'big' tunning companys have made one?

Old 09-26-2006, 01:03 PM
Site Moderator

Well... Why would that one neccesarily cook an engine vs any other front mount?... if anythign i think it would be better as its not as tall still allowing airflow to the radiator.

But as far as them rubbing on the bumper support.. keep in mind that is only the prototype. They are still fine tuning things in it and what not. Yes, that was being put behind an rs4 bumper but i believe they aer making it s4 stock friendly.. otherwise it can only hurt them in terms of sales.

But not sure about the airbag sesors..i suppose it could be.. but i thought it had to do more with overheating as the issue. but im not sure.

Old 09-26-2006, 02:35 PM
1st Gear

that front mount is so ugly lol.....maybe i changed my mind.

Old 09-26-2006, 02:42 PM
Site Moderator

So what makes a front mount ugly or "hot" looking..i guess im confused. I dont think one necessarily looks better than the other.. theyre behind a bumper anyways.

Old 09-26-2006, 03:50 PM
2nd Gear

I want to see one with better welds and in chrome, no doubt that it is badass in performance. Equivilent of 4 RS4 IC's? Damn.

Quick Reply: Autospeed FMIC?