S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

audi says it's my fault..19k in damage motor

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 06:16 AM
Administrator
Default RE: audi says it's my fault..19k in damage motor

ORIGINAL: SilverSeven

Or (and I didn't say this) perhaps it's time leave the car in the driveway with the keys in it, you know what I'm saying? (or not saying, rather.....)

umm how would you explain a stolen car that doesnt run?

Old 11-17-2005, 06:56 AM
1st Gear

How exactly did this happen? What were you doing when the engine died? Also if you can't get Audi to fix it, just call up your insurance company and have them pay for it. That's what insurance is for. So many people don't realize that insurance covers any damage to your car not just body work. And if you don't have collison on your car then you are just stupid.

Old 11-17-2005, 09:31 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Redgoat

umm how would you explain a stolen car that doesnt run?
He didn't specify if it still will start and run or not. I've seen plenty of cars with serious valve damage that still ran (albeit badly).

Old 11-17-2005, 09:38 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Meradin

How exactly did this happen? What were you doing when the engine died? Also if you can't get Audi to fix it, just call up your insurance company and have them pay for it. That's what insurance is for. So many people don't realize that insurance covers any damage to your car not just body work. And if you don't have collison on your car then you are just stupid.
I have never ever heard of an insurance company paying to replace an engine in a car that was not damaged either by an accident or by other road hazards. Now I'm going to have to research it tomorrow, because I don't know for sure and I want to, but I don't believe it, at least not under these circumstances.

Old 11-17-2005, 01:42 PM
1st Gear

either find an attorney or take a sledge to the entire car. definitely a bummer man. good luck

Old 11-17-2005, 10:08 PM
1st Gear

my business partner drove his maserati spider thru a puddle last year and totaled the engine. maser would not cover under warantee but his auto ins did! has usaa insurance and they paid about $40k for him to get new motor. if it was me i would never have even thought of calling auto ins and spent years in court fighting with maser warantee issues. give it a try! good luck!

Old 11-17-2005, 11:40 PM
2nd Gear

Water is a road hazard. Overevving is not.

Old 11-18-2005, 06:15 AM
1st Gear

Over revving is still an accident. "I accidentally shifted into 2nd". It's your fault but it's still an accident. If you drove your car into a tree and your only excuse was that you spaced they would cover it wouldn't they?

Old 11-18-2005, 06:41 AM
3rd Gear

Over revving is still an accident. "I accidentally shifted into 2nd". It's your fault but it's still an accident. If you drove your car into a tree and your only excuse was that you spaced they would cover it wouldn't they?
Have you ever read an insurance policy? I have usaa also and alot of stuff is covered, but there is no metion as to not knowing how to drive your car being covered.

Old 11-18-2005, 09:59 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Meradin

"I accidentally shot Marvin in the face" doesn't get you off the hook, I accidentally truned my engine into the world's most pimp paperweight won't fly either.

In the end, I guess it don't hurt to ask. You might get lucky and have the stupidest insurance adjuster ever to walk the face of the planet who doesn't know any better and just signs it off.

Quick Reply: audi says it's my fault..19k in damage motor