S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Audi newb needs help

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 02:00 PM
Default Audi newb needs help

Hi everyone.

I am looking at possibly buying a 1994 UrS4. It is modded but the guy who is selling it is in his 60's and doesn't know much about turbo drive trains or modding. What I know about the car:

He said he thinks it has a RS2 intake manifold. How can I tell?
Has a large FMIC, unknown brand.
Has a BOV of some sort, saw in pics he sent, he didn't know what it was.
Has a boost gauge on a-pillar.
Fuel Pressure Regulator (he says).
A/C Delete
Stock Exhaust (he says)
Suspension mods H&R springs and Bilstein shocks
slotted rotors with red calipers. He thought they were porsche or something at first but says he doesn't think they are. ???
16" BBS Rf's

He didn't know if the car was chipped, if the injectors were upgraded or anything else about supporting mods. So, I guess my question is, when I go look at the car, what should I look for? Is there a way to tell if the car is chipped? What color are OEM injectors and popular upgrade injectors?

He has a later model S4 and he says this car is WAY faster and it is too fast for him. I would imagine the car has many more supporting mods then he knows about and I am not familiar with Audi's and really don't know what to look for so, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Strykr

P.S. if this is the wrong forum please move to correct forum and notify me....

Old 11-08-2009, 05:35 PM

Well your in the right forum but this one is mostly B5er's but your still cool. The car sound like it has some tastefull mod on it. As far as checking if it has the upgrades, ask him if he has reciepts from previous owners.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:26 AM

Thanks. Already asked about receipts and he doesn't have any. He bought the car unknown from a dealer that got it on trade. He had a local Audi dealer go over the car before he bought it and it got a clean bill of health. He's only driven it 1000 miles since.

Old 11-11-2009, 05:39 PM

Does anyone know how to tell if the turbo is upgraded to RS2 (numbers to look for on housing?) and if the exhaust and/or intake manifolds are RS2?

Been doing research and I found a guy in the same area this car came from on a mustang forum claiming he had a 1994 UrS4 with 330 whp that he sold. Sounds like his car has the 034 Motorsports GT2871R Stage I tune on it. Tried contacting him through the forum PM but nothing so far. I am 90% sure this is the same car I am looking at but who knows. Can't imagine there are too many modded '94 S4's in the Chicago area......

In reading threads here, I know there are some extremely knowledgeable people here when it comes to these cars and have RS2 mods etc... Lots of views but only 1 comment?

Help please!!!!