S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

APR v. GIAC v. Revo

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 03:26 AM
1st Gear
Default APR v. GIAC v. Revo

There has been ongoing debate on which ECU is better amongst the two most popular chips: APR v. GIAC.
I have been scouring online for which one I would like to get for my S4 and stumbled on a relatively new flash program from Revo. I did a search and found very little quantitative information on the performance gains from the flash program. Does anybody have this program running on their B5 S4 set at 7 w/ 93 octane? If you are running this setting and have dynoed the results please post the hp and torque gains.
Also, has anyone heard of any problems with the Revo program? any excessive wears or tears? it seems like a wrong setting and the boost can spike up to 23 psi. Also my search pulled up a couple people online (one using Revo another using Stratmosphere) who ran into problems with their car suddenly loosing momentum around 3-4k rpm when accelerating. Any Revo users experience this as well or is this a pretty rare case?

Old 03-21-2007, 03:50 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: APR v. GIAC v. Revo

http://www.revotechnik.com/products/...eSoftware.aspx

Info on Revo, they arn't really new, been around for a while and make chips for almost all audis, porsches, etc. If all you're looking for is a chip I would choose the Revo over the others. If I was to buy an APR stage III right now, I would take the APR chip, same with AWE (GIAC).

Old 03-21-2007, 12:50 PM
2nd Gear

Are you set on Revo or APR? You should look into MTM as well

Old 03-21-2007, 01:53 PM
1st Gear

I have searched through the Revo site already, but found only testimonials. They don't post any dyno data on their site, and that's what I'm more interested in.

My plans are to basically get it to Stage 1 with just a chip and drive that around for 2-3 years then do a jump to Stage 3 from there when its time to replace the turbos. Right now all I want is a chip. It seems like the revo program also allows for one to adjust the psi as well, so if I do want to replace the turbos with something bigger (k04 or k03/k16 hybrids) could i still use the chip but just adjust the settings? Since this is my daily driver I'm thinking of keeping this car's hp range around 350-400 after I do the turbo replacement.

Old 03-21-2007, 02:29 PM
1st Gear

ok nevermind, i found the info i wanted. I just had to go through the selection process on the main screen and pick my car.

Old 03-21-2007, 02:54 PM
3rd Gear

Revo has been around for some time, but mostly over in EU & UK. There really all about the same HP & torque wise.
Some say APR is really smooth, some say GIAC is the most aggressive, 1.8t guys seam to love REVO.

I do know that REVO sells a plug in module that lets you adjust timing, fuel & boost. But you can download REVO's lemitweaks & basically do the same settings except boost.

Just find out who is local to you & get that flash done.

Old 03-21-2007, 05:10 PM
1st Gear

100% agree with 2k

APR is a great tuner they are more of a smooth base tuner. But they leave a large amount on the table
GIAC is a aggressive tuner who is going to leave less on the table
REVO has been around for a while but they haven't done anything ground shattering to make a large market share in the S cars. They seem more involved with the 1.8 people

The best bet is to go with a tuner that is very involved in your platform