S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Am I missing something here?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 08:52 AM
1st Gear
Default Am I missing something here?

I got a 2001 Nogaro blue s4 about 4 months ago, ive put alotta money into it already and havent gotten it to 100% yet, but im hoping for it after k04s. Thats where I start to have questions. I ordered k04s BW , 630cc injectors, Rs4 MAF, and a FMIC jhm. I have a GIAC chipped ecu, I wonder if they can tune that ecu to stage 3 ? I have tried to call and nothing so far. Im wondering also about all the small things like hoses, lines etc. Am I fine with all these left alone or is it better to upgrade them? My last question is how does audis stock suspension stack up with a stage 3 - kit? is it worth the upgrade, I live in Louisiana and there are some BITCH roads out here nothing but bumps, any input would be greatly appreciated.
And im hoping to run around 22-25 lbs of boost with this semi fuel kit I have going.
I need a new transmission to bummer but shokan.com offered me one for 1750 shipping included. So i might have to take them up on that offer. After all of this I should hope to have the blue beast running 100%!

Old 11-27-2011, 03:37 PM
2nd Gear

i'd swap out injectors to ev14 52lbers and you need a fuel pressure regulator(5bar @ least), fuel pump, rs4 accordian hose(or 034 silicone), inlets for the turbos and dv's(710ns).

have you been calling giac directly? they dont do custom tunes, only over the counter tunes. i would go wit epl, vast, jfonz, amd or asp.

As for lines and hoses, i would upgrade all of it! i have the samco hose kit, silicone vac lines and upgraded hose clamps all around.

For suspension you'll be ok on stock, but you are going to have more hp than handling. coils and a rear sway help alot!

things youll want to get eventually: side mount intercoolers, down pipes, exhaust (3in+), boost gauge, lower temp fan switch, and meth tapped into 034 aluminum bi-pipes!

if i think of anything else i'll add it later. you may want to try audisforparts.com for used oem parts.

p.s. when was your last timing belt job?

Old 11-28-2011, 12:04 AM
1st Gear

Timing belt done 5k miles ago. I have downpipes , im going to call giac to see if they can just give me the stge 3 tune. I ordered the same injectors that awe tuning uses and the same maf so thats why i want giac tune im very satisfied with the chip. Im not interested in meth for my reasons lol. I have a friend with vast meth franken turbos he brimgs to the shop every other week. So im just going plain jane k04s and the reliable way to be really fast lol. Im going to debate the hoses just alot of money.
Thanks for ur input though!!

Old 11-28-2011, 03:14 AM
2nd Gear

i see. 630's make sense in that case. all giac stage 3 ecu upgrades are identical so you might want to find a used one in the classifieds on here, audizine, quattroworld or vwvortex. on the hoses, you can get the autobahn 88 kit off ebay for like $100. the only thing from that kit i wouldnt run is the throttle body boot. for that get the samco or 034 piece. what fpr and pump you gonna run?

sounds like you know more than the average new s4 owner. good luck!

just wondering...why did you go ko4's over frankenturbos? i have ko4's and love them, but would go franken in a second if they were around back when i went stage 3.

Old 11-28-2011, 11:22 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by FonzoB5S4
i'd swap out injectors to ev14 52lbers and you need a fuel pressure regulator(5bar @ least), fuel pump, rs4 accordian hose(or 034 silicone), inlets for the turbos and dv's(710ns).
Fonzo, why do you say

52lb at 5 bar (52lb/545cc at nominal 3 bar) = 67lb/705cc at 5 bar)

vs

630cc/60lb (nominal at 3 bar) = 69lb/730cc at 4 bar (stock pressure, or?)

What are the benefits of running the higher pressure (same flow)?

BTW: what connector style is on our 2.7T? I assume the EV14 you mention above (otherwise a lot of splicing work for new connectors is needed, right)?

Fuel pump already for stage 3 on K04? Must or 'recommended'?

Old 11-28-2011, 01:41 PM
1st Gear

As for frankenturbos, I was looking at them but calling around for prices and recommendations from reputable audi shops say BW k04s are superior because of the reliability and performance.

Old 11-28-2011, 03:46 PM
2nd Gear

i was saying the ev14's because it will leave you wit more room to get a more aggressive tune. the 630's are off the rs4 and are outdated for most stage 3 tunes nowadays. i didnt have a pump on my 3- tune, but when i got my 3 tune i was told i had to get one. bosch 044 works like a charm.

Old 12-03-2011, 05:21 PM
1st Gear

A little info on what im doing, ordered my tranny
also instead of the fuel injectors and MAF i decided to go with vast stage 3 tune with fuel kit. I also have a question, I have 17" b5 s4 rims and I have stoptech big brakes in the front, its hitting the calibers in the front my tire size is 235/45/17 fit fine in the back im sure they will fit good in the front no rubbing but its hitting the brakes. Should I just go with the stock brakes again in the front? I have stock brakes in the back the guy i bought it from just put them in the front. Also what place on the internet will sell a OEM front brake it?

Thanks for all your input guys! I hope to have the beast running in a week with new lungs!

Old 12-03-2011, 05:52 PM
Tech Guru

I'll trade you my brakes for yours. But I'm an a4. I'd keep the stoptechs and get spacers

Old 12-04-2011, 04:38 PM
2nd Gear

KEEP THE STOPTECHS!!! spacers or shave the caliper a little.

Quick Reply: Am I missing something here?