S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

After how many miles K03s would blow?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 09:54 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: After how many miles K03s would blow?

ORIGINAL: BlackS4

Yea, so now I get my KO3 replaced, and I thought I would have a little more time to save up for the KO4s, thats eventually gonna happen. Now that the motor is pulled out I am getting timing belt done, water pump, tranny and motor mounts and other stuff that is required. A friend of mine is a tech whos working on the car every day after work.
So once time will come for redoing all this again and replacing turbos with KO4, what I understand is that I'll have to do ECU setting for upgraded turbos, and also I need at least a catback, upgraded diverter valve, and with these how many horses at the crank would I be running? I'm in San Diego where highest octane pump gas is 91.
Also, what do you guys think about Borla exhaust for S4? I believe its an american product, would that be a good choice, or maybe should I go for a Milltek or Remus catback? I dont want the car to be too loud, but some exhausts, such as SuperSprint, are not really satisfying soundwise. I had one on my VR6, was nice but with windows rolled up I barely could hear anything.
Borla is a good inexpensive exhaust....with a great note. I actually have it on my car and am happy with it....however I do have it mated up to a set of Labree downpipes. If I was in your situation I would do the Borla or check the classified on here, Audizine and Audiworld for a used exhaust set-up, get/make a set of piggie pipes and got with the K04's. After all the money you're dumping into the car and the motor already being out I would go for it.

Old 09-23-2006, 10:07 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: After how many miles K03s would blow?

awe twin 2 exhaust is real nice and not to loud. I have autospeed on my s4 with a set of 3 inch downpipes and no cats it sounds pretty cool.