S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

After driving the S5 for a couple of weeks...

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 11:39 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: After driving the S5 for a couple of weeks...

ORIGINAL: SchlafwagenS4

If I were cooper anderson I would give six14life 30 seconds to respond.

ON a side note,I think as a group we shouldnot debase the intelectual merit of this exchangeby lowering ourselves to ad hominem tactics. I love reading about disagreements in ideas causewe all get tohear the best of both sides. We all win. So weither you like larger wheels, or not, lets keep this good debate, that obvisouly has a lot of ppl interested, from turning into a mess cause we go after one another instead of the ideas that we are proposing. Thats just my 2 cents.
Thisshouldnt bea debate, this thread is entirely meant to be kept in context from the original topic starter. Born2Shine clearly stated he was interested in purchasing a set of custom 20" wheels after driving his new S5 fora couple of weeks. In addition, he mentioned the fact of aftermarket wheels and the added weightregarding power loss isinsignificant (which I strongly agree). Therefore, it is not an issue(I agree once again).

The whole point in case is the individuals who come in here and criticize the owners decision on purchasing such sized wheels for a vehicle is uncalled for and irrelavent to what this subject is about.

Old 11-29-2007, 12:02 PM
1st Gear

Thisshouldnt bea debate, this thread is entirely meant to be kept in context from the original topic starter
In this spirit lets see some moreRims that fit what Born2Shine is looking for.

Old 11-29-2007, 12:45 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: shawncumberland

ORIGINAL: six14life

I'm sorry did I miss something? You want to call me out whenyou have no clue. My S5 has been ordered there lil' buddy.

Didnt mean to make you all butt hurt little shawn, but it is what it is. You and your boyfriend (MOTT POWER) can jock the S5 all you want. Both of youwith yourexemplified rhetoric means absolutely zero to the people who are interested in this topic pertaining to wheels. You should be more concerned on fixing those crooked *** welds of yours.
six14life - frankly i don't really give two ***** about the S5, and I wouldn't buy one.

Congrats on your order though, let us see pictures once you actually get it, and I amsure that you will enjoy owning it.

As for myself, I've bought3 cars that cost around the same price as the S5 in the last 2 years, and just settled on one that I like for the moment.I see you liked thepicture of me weldinga bracket for a friends truck. Until you know how to weld and own the equipment to TIG weld, you don't really have any respect for it, it's purely a talent many do not possess... I currently have over 60g's invested into a toy that is not even drivable yet, I'm building a SCCA carto SFI 25.4 spec, for your info... 25.4 spec means the car is safety rated to do up to 7.5 seconds in the 1/4 mile.

So in regards to the topic of this thread, which is wheels (not bashing on each other), the last thing I'm going to do is put 20's on my car, so I'm looking at HRE 17's at 11 inches wide. Again, with performance first, and style second.

Shawn
FYI, I restore andbuildclassic cars for a living I have quite a few Miller TIG and MIG welders,so welding isn't nothing new to me. I am not here to flaunt what I do for a living, or compare my lifestyle to yours.I joined this website to enjoy and help out others who have the same interests asI do, not to get into some stupid internet argument. If you don't have any positive suggestionsfor this topic thenwhybother?

Old 11-29-2007, 12:46 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: SchlafwagenS4

Thisshouldnt bea debate, this thread is entirely meant to be kept in context from the original topic starter
In this spirit lets see some moreRims that fit what Born2Shine is looking for.

Old 11-29-2007, 01:21 PM
Site Moderator

mott..you are right on what youre saying...but some peopel take it a lil too far..as it comes down to it..most of these cars are not dedicated track cars, they are daily drivers...find a nice balance on something you think looks good, and something that will perform well aslo...I think a 17" wheel would look stupid on a s5..it would be tiny... even an 18 would prob be small..id say shoot for 19", but if you wnat 20, go for it...if it fits..again i dont know the clearance on an s5..

On the wheels you listed..imo, FAR too bling... to me, the nice thing about the audi is its subdelty...(sp?)...its not really a cry for attention and it performs great and looks great... I think those wheels are the exact opposite of that...chrome is out....Take a look at this... http://www.dpengineering.cc/wheels.htm Id say the s-10, s-15, or s-20 would all look great on your car...wiht a nice liquid cinder finish would look amazing.

One point to note mott...that while yes, you still may be getting a 24-25 lb wheel..hes still prob actually decreasing the weight of the wheel from stock...so it IS a performance enhancement, while it may not be maximizing the performance, its still increasing it.
*NOte, i dont know the actual wheel weight of an s5, but ive had this arguement before regarding s4's..and their near 30lb wheel.

Old 11-29-2007, 02:26 PM
1st Gear

yeah IMO, those S15's are nice!!!! Never heard of the brand but that was a reallygoodlooking website.

Old 11-29-2007, 02:38 PM
1st Gear

good choice man i agree they remind me of the RS4 rims

Old 11-29-2007, 02:55 PM
1st Gear

FYI, I restore andbuildclassic cars for a living I have quite a few Miller TIG and MIG welders,so welding isn't nothing new to me. I am not here to flaunt what I do for a living, or compare my lifestyle to yours.I joined this website to enjoy and help out others who have the same interests asI do, not to get into some stupid internet argument. If you don't have any positive suggestionsfor this topic thenwhybother?
your previous listings to this, you jump around on issues more than democrats do. you go from one end of the spectrum to the other,and always "one better"... I know your type. I avoid them.

lower that SUV you got there in your sig...

Old 11-29-2007, 11:53 PM
2nd Gear

I think sooks has it right (as usual). My S4 is a daily driver - but (as a spirited driver) I'm more interested in performance over looks. Still I like the looks of a 19" wheel over an 18" or smaller for my car (one reason I am delaying changing out my 19" summer wheels/tires for my 17") - even though I understand that I am compromising some performance. Still - for the most part - MY preference would be (upgrades that give you) perfomance over looks in most cases. And while the S5 looks to be a great car - for my tastes its too big and its size/weight takes away from its sportiness and tossable handling I desire (even my S4 pushes the limit of weight/size IMO - I'd prefer it smaller and lighter) - still it is great fun - as I think an S5 would be. As for the wheels presented earlier - I like some of them - but to me they are more appropriate for a large luxury sedan type of vehical - and perhaps that is appropriate for an S5 - I don't know - and while I can appreciate the look - the combo of car and wheel doesn't do anything special for me. But for those who own the car and think otherwise I say enjoy.

Old 11-30-2007, 12:40 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: shawncumberland

your previous listings to this, you jump around on issues more than democrats do. you go from one end of the spectrum to the other,and always "one better"... I know your type. I avoid them.

lower that SUV you got there in your sig...
Haha! Dude your an *** clown, but seriously quit ******* with me. If you want to talk some internet sh*t and criticize my A4, I am all for that, but I suggest you post up your sh*t or shut up.
Yeah it's high as an S.U.V., more like the right altitude for a daily.
Name:  a4drop047.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  81.0 KB
Name:  a4drop018.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  85.1 KB

Quick Reply: After driving the S5 for a couple of weeks...