S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

After driving the S5 for a couple of weeks...

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 12:00 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: After driving the S5 for a couple of weeks...

Gentlemen-I've been reading this thread with some interest. While I'm an "A" guy and not an "S" guy, I can't help but throwing some fuel on the fire here. The performance guys got this one right (p-hed, Mott-p you know who you are). Why spend extra (alot extra) for a performance model and then throw $$$'s at it to destroy that performance. It doesn't make sense. Too much money to burn maybe? Adding weight at the wheels (known as un-sprung weight) just compounds the effect of that extra weight.
If you want bling, why not get a "donk" instread, or better yet, donk your S! [8D]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donk

Old 11-28-2007, 11:11 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: bobbyo

Gentlemen-I've been reading this thread with some interest. While I'm an "A" guy and not an "S" guy, I can't help but throwing some fuel on the fire here. The performance guys got this one right (p-hed, Mott-p you know who you are). Why spend extra (alot extra) for a performance model and then throw $$$'s at it to destroy that performance. It doesn't make sense. Too much money to burn maybe? Adding weight at the wheels (known as un-sprung weight) just compounds the effect of that extra weight.
If you want bling, why not get a "donk" instread, or better yet, donk your S! [8D]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donk

Educate yourself by researching into aluminum forged wheel specs versus factory wheels before you go popping that bling donk **** talk. Your a godamn fool for even expressing such ignorance. Who is the f*ck is ghetto fabbing a $60k automobile in here?I didnt hear anything regarding a lift kit or 30" wheels? Did I miss something?

The matter of the fact is, people will always hate or dislike what they cannot afford. All you armchair critics have the slightest clue as to what actual benefits and, if any, performance loss custom wheels for an S5 mayoffer orinvite. Until then, write a book and sell your bullshit to the masses, thenhopefully you can purchase yourownS5.

Old 11-28-2007, 11:26 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: six14life
Until then, write a book and sell your bullshit to the masses, thenhopefully you can purchase yourownS5.
Coming from a person who doesn't even have an S5... an A model non the less.

The pointthatpeople are trying tomake is that there is a performance reduction when buying bigger tires, if you don't believe that then your truly the F'n retard, end of discussion.If you seriously don't think there isANY measurable difference, then dyno it and prove it.

At the end of the day there areonly two options... performance or style. PERIOD

Old 11-28-2007, 11:33 PM
2nd Gear

Your a godamn fool for even expressing such ignorance.

The matter of the fact is, people will always hate or dislike what they cannot afford... thenhopefully you can purchase yourownS5.
stfu

Old 11-29-2007, 12:08 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: shawncumberland

Until then, write a book and sell your bullshit to the masses, thenhopefully you can purchase yourownS5.
Coming from a person who doesn't even have an S5... an A model non the less.

The pointthatpeople are trying tomake is that there is a performance reduction when buying bigger tires, if you don't believe that then your truly the F'n retard, end of discussion.If you seriously don't think there isANY measurable difference, then dyno it and prove it.

At the end of the day there areonly two options... performance or style. PERIOD
I'm sorry did I miss something? You want to call me out whenyou have no clue. My S5 has been ordered there lil' buddy.

Didnt mean to make you all butt hurt little shawn, but it is what it is. You and your boyfriend (MOTT POWER) can jock the S5 all you want. Both of youwith yourexemplified rhetoric means absolutely zero to the people who are interested in this topic pertaining to wheels. You should be more concerned on fixing those crooked *** welds of yours.

Old 11-29-2007, 12:56 AM
2nd Gear

I have always said it's your car do what you want, I'm just trying to see that you've made other options. But this is rediculous, now you're accussing us of being ignorant and not even taking our opinions seriously, just because a wheel is light doesn't mean it has to be ugly, you obviously haven't done your research in my perspective. Besides that, this conversation has turned into you placing yourself on a pedestal of being a self sufficient materialist. Get whatever wheel you want, doesn't matter, it's your money. But don't start insulting us and talking down to us when we have provided significant evidence showing power loss, damage to your suspension and drivetrain, braking loss, etc. You have not showed one result or test showing the significance of a larger wheel to not hurting performance very much (which I'm excited to see if you have any). Fact of the matter is, you have insulted us when we indicate knowledge, none of your argument is reliable and yet you proceed to insult us and brag of your "wealth"? Get out of this forum.

Old 11-29-2007, 01:00 AM
1st Gear

HAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

Old 11-29-2007, 02:02 AM
2nd Gear

Mott wins. End of thread.

Old 11-29-2007, 08:46 AM
1st Gear

If I were cooper anderson I would give six14life 30 seconds to respond.

ON a side note,I think as a group we shouldnot debase the intelectual merit of this exchangeby lowering ourselves to ad hominem tactics. I love reading about disagreements in ideas causewe all get tohear the best of both sides. We all win. So weither you like larger wheels, or not, lets keep this good debate, that obvisouly has a lot of ppl interested, from turning into a mess cause we go after one another instead of the ideas that we are proposing. Thats just my 2 cents.

Old 11-29-2007, 10:43 AM
1st Gear

I'm sorry did I miss something? You want to call me out whenyou have no clue. My S5 has been ordered there lil' buddy.

Didnt mean to make you all butt hurt little shawn, but it is what it is. You and your boyfriend (MOTT POWER) can jock the S5 all you want. Both of youwith yourexemplified rhetoric means absolutely zero to the people who are interested in this topic pertaining to wheels. You should be more concerned on fixing those crooked *** welds of yours.
six14life - frankly i don't really give two ***** about the S5, and I wouldn't buy one.

Congrats on your order though, let us see pictures once you actually get it, and I amsure that you will enjoy owning it.

As for myself, I've bought3 cars that cost around the same price as the S5 in the last 2 years, and just settled on one that I like for the moment.I see you liked thepicture of me weldinga bracket for a friends truck. Until you know how to weld and own the equipment to TIG weld, you don't really have any respect for it, it's purely a talent many do not possess... I currently have over 60g's invested into a toy that is not even drivable yet, I'm building a SCCA carto SFI 25.4 spec, for your info... 25.4 spec means the car is safety rated to do up to 7.5 seconds in the 1/4 mile.

So in regards to the topic of this thread, which is wheels (not bashing on each other), the last thing I'm going to do is put 20's on my car, so I'm looking at HRE 17's at 11 inches wide. Again, with performance first, and style second.

Shawn

Quick Reply: After driving the S5 for a couple of weeks...