S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

After driving the S5 for a couple of weeks...

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 02:16 AM
1st Gear
Default After driving the S5 for a couple of weeks...

After driving my new phantom black S5 for two weeks, I am more in love with the car now that I was before. I am so glad I decided to get this car. The more I look at it, the more I like the design of this car. It rides so smooth it is unreal. After a short time, you really begin to appreciate the interior layout. All of the controls I use regularly are situated right under my hand. After I got used to it, I couldn't see having them positioned any other way. It's perfect. If there was one complaint, it would be that there are no seatbelt adjusters. I would like to be able to adjust the shoulder strap to a more comfortable position depending on how I am sitting.

Anyway... I am not crazy about the factory rims on this car. They aren't bad, but I think the car would look even better with the right rims. I would likely go 20". What do you think about these rims on a black S5?

http://customwheel.com/custom_wheels...oducts_id/8418

They kinda remind me of the rims I saw on a red RS4 I saw the other day.

Old 11-21-2007, 09:05 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: After driving the S5 for a couple of weeks...

those arereallynice rims. They look like they might be pretty heavy since they are luxury rims,but then again Imight be wrong.What are your otherchoices or are you pretty settled on that one?

Old 11-21-2007, 09:13 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Born2Shine

After driving my new phantom black S5 for two weeks, I am more in love with the car now that I was before. I am so glad I decided to get this car. The more I look at it, the more I like the design of this car. It rides so smooth it is unreal. After a short time, you really begin to appreciate the interior layout. All of the controls I use regularly are situated right under my hand. After I got used to it, I couldn't see having them positioned any other way. It's perfect. If there was one complaint, it would be that there are no seatbelt adjusters. I would like to be able to adjust the shoulder strap to a more comfortable position depending on how I am sitting.

Anyway... I am not crazy about the factory rims on this car. They aren't bad, but I think the car would look even better with the right rims. I would likely go 20". What do you think about these rims on a black S5?

http://customwheel.com/custom_wheels...oducts_id/8418

They kinda remind me of the rims I saw on a red RS4 I saw the other day.

Sweet wheels man!

I am going to purchase a set of E-Forged for mine, If I decide to go black on my S5.

Old 11-21-2007, 11:47 AM

those are very nice rims indeed!!! have you thought about any of claus ettensbergers' stuff since you are looking at rims like that? http://www.cecwheels.com/

Old 11-21-2007, 03:47 PM
1st Gear

Another wheel that I am absolutely in love with that a friend of mine already has on his Bentley GT Continential

Old 11-21-2007, 04:24 PM
3rd Gear

HRE's are beautiful but expensive. Personally i would go with 19s max on the s5, but thats your decision. I think those wheels would look very nice.

Old 11-22-2007, 01:46 PM
1st Gear

I agree.

At $8k for a set of HREwheels in 20" with no tires, it certainlycostsa prettypennyto be unique and stand out from the rest.

Old 11-22-2007, 06:23 PM
1st Gear

Nice wheels all around. They shouldn't be too heavy with being a multipiece forged wheel. You may also want to look at forgiato's wheels. Very high quality and I just did a set of 22" on a customers 2008 A8L. Very light lighter than stock 18" by far and looked amazing with staggered offset.

Old 11-22-2007, 09:46 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: DevilS4

Nice wheels all around. They shouldn't be too heavy with being a multipiece forged wheel. You may also want to look at forgiato's wheels. Very high quality and I just did a set of 22" on a customers 2008 A8L. Very light lighter than stock 18" by far and looked amazing with staggered offset.
Yeah. I like a few of Forgiato's wheels. These grabbed my attention.

OTTO

CONCAVO

LOWENHART LT-5's
LS 460 on 22's (BADASS!)

Old 11-23-2007, 05:15 PM
1st Gear

I liked the spoked ones in your first post and the first set in the post above me

Quick Reply: After driving the S5 for a couple of weeks...