S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

350z owner looking to switch!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 06:36 PM
Default 350z owner looking to switch!

03 350Z Track model owner. Love the car and it has treated me very well but I wanted 4 seats, AWD and one car/one payment.
It's on cars.com now... only 12000 miles if you know of anyone interested.

Considering a used 02 S4 w/low miles (seems to be around 24-27 price range) or a used 04 (seems to be high 30's). Curious if anyone has made a similar transition or came into contact with any Z's on the road I am trying to see what type of performance difference in the seat I am looking at.

Also living in CT I have heard some people say the S4 is unbelievable in the snow (if necessary) and others have said don't them them fool you...new tires are a must for traction.

Thanks and look forwaed to joining the S4 family soon.

Old 09-11-2005, 07:57 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: 350z owner looking to switch!

Hey man,

I too an going to get an s4 and live in CT. Between this forum, fourtitude, and audiworld, everyone says that this car is amazing in the snow. Where in CT do you live? I know that there is a nogaro blue s4 at a dealer i believe in Fairfield county, its on audiusa.com.

Old 09-12-2005, 03:11 AM

350Z is a beautiful automobile. I've taken 'em before, but I'm chipped. I've been taken by a modded 350Z, he had a turbo, surprised me!

If you can swing it, go with the '04.

Test drive both if you can.

Don't even consider the '02 (if you're not going to chip it ) over the '04, it's the only reason I went with the '02...well, besides price.

Just an opinion.

Old 09-12-2005, 12:01 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys. Scarzie I live in Trumbull and work in Greenwich... I checked the audiusa site out and there are a few in the NY/NJ area. I was suprised how some of the used 04's have quite a few miles. There was a black one in Fairfield... looked like the front end had been sandblasted! I would be getting the clear bra for this car too. One of the best investments I had made for my Z.

Keep me posted on your search scarzie. Where do you live? Hell maybe we can get a better deal if we buy from the same dealer at the same time! ha!

Old 09-13-2005, 07:27 PM
2nd Gear

Nice, i live down in Madison. Im only 16 tho and im gettin a b5 s4. Found one in Atlanta (have a house in fla. so next time we go down im taking a look and prolly getting it) and ive been contacting that dealer lately.

Old 09-14-2005, 04:57 AM

Good luck Scarzie... everyone I talk to has good things to say about the b5's. If I find a nice one with low miles I would scoup it up as well. 16 years old and an S4...SWEET! My first was an 83 Firebird for $2700 bucks! Ha! Loved it though.

Old 09-20-2005, 12:05 AM
1st Gear

Nice car. But I like my 2000 S4 better. My friend has a Z and about 2 weeks ago we went up to the tracks to actually see what was faster. Both were stock, and I won from end to end, But he had a better E/T then me. I ran a 14.3 and he did a 14. I have over 80k and he just rolled over 10k so he has the stronger engine. I would go for the S4 much more fun to drive all year round as well.

Old 09-21-2005, 07:00 PM
1st Gear

Hello, I just sold an '03 350z performance for an '05 S4 Avant 2 months ago. I'm not a great comparison because I own the wagon, which is heavier and a little slower than the sedan. The weight factor shows up a bit in general acceleration and cornering speed being slower than the Z. However, the S4 still has a good amount of torque, and is very good suspension-wise. It gives a nice stiff ride, with little to no body roll in the corners. All this from a wagon was enough to convince me to get it. I have not taken the S4 in snow yet, but it's already better in the wet weather than the Z was. Living in the northeast, I'll be looking for alternate rims and some aggressive snows for the winter time. Good luck

Old 09-21-2005, 07:49 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: woz832

Hello, I just sold an '03 350z performance for an '05 S4 Avant 2 months ago. I'm not a great comparison because I own the wagon, which is heavier and a little slower than the sedan. The weight factor shows up a bit in general acceleration and cornering speed being slower than the Z. However, the S4 still has a good amount of torque, and is very good suspension-wise. It gives a nice stiff ride, with little to no body roll in the corners. All this from a wagon was enough to convince me to get it. I have not taken the S4 in snow yet, but it's already better in the wet weather than the Z was. Living in the northeast, I'll be looking for alternate rims and some aggressive snows for the winter time. Good luck
True, you aren't a great comparison, but I seem to think anyone with a two seater looking at a four seater is looking for versatility over straight -up street performance. It's a compromise, but it consists of the best qualities: I want a car with power, handling, good looks both inside and out. I need a car for all seasons, all reasons. I need a car i can not only use to careen through the mountain passes, but carry my gear for the weekend I intend to spend trekking through said mountains. If you can only have one vehicle, or a limited amount of vehicles, why not get the best of all worlds. Personally, I was checking out an M3 but it can't offer the well roundedness (<-is that a word?) of the Audi S4...Period!