S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

2001 s4 plans

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 01:59 AM
1st Gear
Default 2001 s4 plans

I have a 2001 nogaro blue s4 and i love it the current mods i have are a
GIAC chip and borla exhaust (no cats)
I have a plan for my s4 and its to go stage 2 + water / methanol injection
So right now I believe im at 320 hp 340 tq, I have a GIAC chip but I want to get a apr stage 2 tune. I have my stock ecu and then the GIAC ecu.
I plan on getting these things :
APR bipipe, APR Intercooler, R1 diverter valve, APR engine mounts, ECS 630 cc fuel injectors, some type of aftermarket clutch(any tips?), ECS lightweight pulley , I might buy some other things but these are the main things I want and finally I want to go stage 3 snow performance water methanol injection boost cooler.
I dont want to get aftermarket turbos, Id just like to keep my stock ones but this looks like a good setup ! .......

Right? LOL

This is my 2nd audi but i had a a4 and this is really diffrent so let me know and any tips/help is welcomed!
EDIT** And the guy at APR said he can install the APR tune and GIAC chip in my stock ecu, will this be good?

Attached Thumbnails 2001 s4 plans-group1019.jpg   2001 s4 plans-img_3596.jpg   2001 s4 plans-img_3639.jpg  

Last edited by dcure4; 07-29-2011 at 02:01 AM.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:25 AM
2nd Gear

sweet ride, man! the stage 2 chip is gonna be a nice add. you wont be needing injectors cause you wont be maxing your fueling on a stage 2 tune. i would go with another bi-pipe set-up like the 034 ones(they also have meth bungs). the apr one tends to strip the bolts on the throttle body. just pair the 034 one with a silicone throttle body boot.

the apr intrcoolers are nice but the awe, er, and wagner ones are better. the wagner is a little over kill for a stage 2 tune.

for the diverter valves just get the oem ones off the audi tt. they are more than enogh for what youre trying todo and cheaper too.

i would also definately go with stern or 034 for engine/tranny mounts. i actually have the ecs pulley kit and think its a good purchase some people dont agree because they arent balanced.

check out aquamist before you pull the trigger on that snow performance kit. i have never heard any bad things about snow performance, but most people tend to go with aquamist over it.

to be honest with you APR hasnt updated there products for the b5 s4 in a very long time so most of there stuff is dated. still good products, but many companies have better now.

bi-pipes:
Bipipe Set, 2.7T, Stainless Steel - 034 MOTORSPORT

diverter valves:
Audi B5 S4 2.7T > Search > Diverter Valve > ES#581 Diverter Valve, 225hp Audi TT Version-Priced Each - 06A145710N

check ringer racing for good deals on mounts. thats where i got my stern's.

Old 07-29-2011, 04:42 AM
1st Gear

thanks man i want alot of power and do so without turbos so i hope this helps and all of what you said i will take into consideration, im going to audi tomorrow and get a inspection... Incase i have to fix something before i go modding it up. but thanks man and i would like a short shifter, anything you know about that for a s4? and are DV's better than bov? because im interested in what they both do / dont do

Old 07-29-2011, 04:23 PM
2nd Gear

this seems to be the popular choice:
Short Throw Shifters - JH Motorsports Inc. - -- JHM. Shifting you to the next level of Audi

and yes diverter valves sre better than bov's for these cars!!! our cars work on closed loop system. this is where the excess air is circulated back into the engine. a bov expels the excess air into the atmosphere. hence the loud whooshing noise you hear on all those fast and the furious cars. you want the closed loop! your car will run like crap with bov's. you can get a tune to run them,but thats just a hassle you dont need to deal with. when you get over 500whp then you can think about getting bov's.

Old 08-08-2011, 04:32 PM
1st Gear

Hey man another question, I plan on doing all of this to my car buy does it matter if I get the stage 2 tune before all the other aftermarket parts?

Old 08-08-2011, 04:50 PM
2nd Gear

stage 2 and diverter valves. you might also want to get a silicone throttle body boot.(samco, 034) these are just tings that are prone to tear and break with the added psi. diverter valves are necessary and the boot is precautionary.

who are you planning on going with for your tune?

Old 08-08-2011, 06:06 PM
1st Gear

Apr as of now, im running at 15 psi at the moment

Old 08-08-2011, 07:13 PM
2nd Gear

if you want something more aggressive go with vast or epl for a custom tune. youre gonna want a custom tune to utilize the meth.

heard good things about j-fonz tuning as well. great prices and service.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:52 PM
2nd Gear

epl rocks, obviously im biased, but i have no reason to praise them unless they did a freaking amazing job. i have only heard of great things about other tuners as well. but they can get you a file with or without meth, that way if you decide not to run meth, just call up tony and he can license a new file for you to download in like 10 minutes.

another route you may think of going would be NOS. im thinking of one of these kits myself to get my RS6's awake sooner. i think im going with a 75 shot, but it would stop spraying at a certain boost level, so as to not spray and break my engine. with k03's you could probably run a 100 shot and run it as long as your at WOT. .. a kit like this..

ZEX

again, this is just an idea for cheap hp. a 100 shot on a k03 stage 2 car would be beastly... probably as powerful as an OTS k04 kit. and as much as im trying to better and tweak on my car, i wouldnt mind refilling the cylinder and such, as i go through the refilling process with meth as well.. just some ideas, before you went all out on that one, you might want to talk to a B5 tuner. just so you make sure you do it right..

Old 08-10-2011, 11:31 PM
1st Gear

I've been thinking more and more about nos on my car... 150 shot would be sick.

Quick Reply: 2001 s4 plans