S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

01 audi b5 s4 vs mitsubishi MR editon evo

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 02:12 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: 01 audi b5 s4 vs mitsubishi MR editon evo

ORIGINAL: 2000S4
Best shifting? Really? I'm not attacking, but my buddy and I took an 06 MR out and he hammered the shifter, like he has in his STi before with no trouble, and the Evo sounded like it was going to fall apart.
I'm telling you it's butter smooth, & goes into gears with a nice little snick. It's better then any other sticks that I have owned, including my M3, RX7, Miatia, Lancia (worst of the bunch), Fiat, etc...

The car is flawless in the drive-train. But I'm the only owner of the car, & have changed out the fluids a couple of times in the 2years of ownership (got the car with 6mi on it) Yes, it has Redline fluid in the trans, so that might help. I don't know what to say, it just works, & I'm very happy with it. It shifts far better then the couple of S4s I've driven.

Old 03-30-2007, 05:58 PM
Zombie Defense Force

i have a 03 evo 8. teh shifting is very smooth. however i did blow up the transfer case. i was launching the car too hard for how much hp i have. so i got a full built transfer case with a lsd and no more problems

Old 03-30-2007, 07:17 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: Jeff

i have a 03 evo 8. teh shifting is very smooth. however i did blow up the transfer case. i was launching the car too hard for how much hp i have. so i got a full built transfer case with a lsd and no more problems
My 05 came stock with a LSD!

Old 03-30-2007, 09:42 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: 2k S4

Best shifting? Really? I'm not attacking, but my buddy and I took an 06 MR out and he hammered the shifter, like he has in his STi before with no trouble, and the Evo sounded like it was going to fall apart.
I'm telling you it's butter smooth, & goes into gears with a nice little snick. It's better then any other sticks that I have owned, including my M3, RX7, Miatia, Lancia (worst of the bunch), Fiat, etc...

The car is flawless in the drive-train. But I'm the only owner of the car, & have changed out the fluids a couple of times in the 2years of ownership (got the car with 6mi on it) Yes, it has Redline fluid in the trans, so that might help. I don't know what to say, it just works, & I'm very happy with it. It shifts far better then the couple of S4s I've driven.
Did it always shift that way? Even brand new? I was thinking maybe since it only had 56 miles on it was still "fresh" if you will.

Also PM some pics of your evo. I am curious to see what you got.

Old 03-30-2007, 10:28 PM
Zombie Defense Force

ORIGINAL: Jeff

My 05 came stock with a LSD!
but mine now has a shep stage 2 transfre case

Old 03-31-2007, 02:52 PM
3rd Gear

Did it always shift that way? Even brand new? I was thinking maybe since it only had 56 miles on it was still "fresh" if you will.

Like Butter! yes, it's always been like that.

I have a couple of pics in my pic poster, guess what color it is....

Old 03-31-2007, 05:59 PM
1st Gear

Lemme guess.... Yellow! Which you are lucky to have. A while back, not in the S4, a red Evo flew past me on 512 and egged me. If you had a red one. I would have to hate you. lol jk But I am guessing you purchased from Mountain Mitsu? I hate them.

Like Butter! yes, it's always been like that.

I have a couple of pics in my pic poster, guess what color it is....

Old 03-31-2007, 09:53 PM
3rd Gear

Lemme guess.... Yellow! Which you are lucky to have. A while back, not in the S4, a red Evo flew past me on 512 and egged me. If you had a red one. I would have to hate you. lol jk But I am guessing you purchased from Mountain Mitsu? I hate them.
Yes, it's Lighting Yellow. WHy do you hate Mountain? While not a fan of many dealerships (Audi included) they are Ok.

Old 04-04-2007, 10:49 PM
1st Gear

I dunno... I have a 2000 S4... Just a GIAC Chip and an Evo Intake and I raced and'05STi that is pretty modded... Downpipe, Exhaust, Intake, Custom tune... And lots of other mods and It only pulled on 2nd and 3rd... 4th I caught up bumper to bumperand 5th I passed him by...He's raced many evo's and he hasn't lostyet...

Old 04-05-2007, 03:44 PM
1st Gear

Yes, it's Lighting Yellow. WHy do you hate Mountain? While not a fan of many dealerships (Audi included) they are Ok.
Mountain Mitsubishi in Tacoma, Washington of the Hiatt Auto Group is the topic of this post. They have, on three occasions dumbfounded me, my coworkers, friends, strangers, my two brothers, my mom, and my dad.

First occasion:

Brand new 2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi. Less than 3 months after purchasing from Hiatt Pontiac the sunroof started leaking in heavy rain. We took it in to Steve Hiatt and as I quote "The sunroof is supposed to leak". Thanks Steve-o. Strike One

Second Occasion:

I have no proof and to aviod slander I won't say names. But, allegadly, some one high up in the Hiatt group said that they had sold no red Evo's to anyone, anyone is the last two months (60 days). In reference to an event that happened two days before the police asked this person the question. Not two days after that, my dad spots a red evo with a temp plate from Mountain Mitsubishi, a grand total or 4-5 days after, so giving us a time frame of 65 days since they said they had sold no Evo's, they say that their plates take 45 days to get to the customers, hence, a lie directly to the cops. Strike Two Stevie

Third Occasion:

Go into Mountain Mitsubishi yesterday, 2/17/07 to question why I never recieved a call back (over 4 months after one was promised) about a certain product. They said they were very surprised, but oh well. They don't care to much. A long conversation that included Daren Flood, being very rude and very unproffesional with me and my co-worker. Never said it in this manner, but the attitude, and not much of a stretch, "Screw You" Strike three Steve, Strike three.

Yet just next door is Robert Larson Porsche Audi. They have been good to us, let my bro and I take out an RS6 while waiting while my dad was purchasing an S4. Gave a number of $80k+ Porsches as loaners whenever we needed. Unfortunatly the guy who did this is not there anymore. So that sucks