S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

01 audi b5 s4 vs mitsubishi MR editon evo

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 12:23 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: 01 audi b5 s4 vs mitsubishi MR editon evo

not a day over 20 years old.....just a guess [8D]

Old 01-10-2007, 01:36 AM
2nd Gear

I took a modded Evo (don't know the particulars - but at least exhaust and likely a bit more) in a series of runs - every time - when I was Stage II. Admittedly I beat him only by about 1/2 car length each time - and it was maybe 2 years ago (don't remember exactly) ..and boy was he both surprised and upset...then just a few months ago (last summer) I had this brand new yellow EVO blow past me as I was cruising along (in a manner that I interpreted as disrespectcful) well I eneded up behind him at the light - and he shot off with me behind...when I (more or less easily) rolled around him/powered by him I heard him go "whoa" or some such...lol...now I don't know how fast the brand new ones might be - and I can only guess how fast they can be made to go - but I equally don't discount the ability of the (chipped and/or more) B5 S4 to stay with or do in just about anyone. My recent kills include a new (& definatly modded) Boxster S, modded M3 (ok was an e36...still), some new model Jag (who knows which one....he certainly thought he was fast...not) and a heavily modded (sounded wicked and was certainly fast) WRX (he got crushed of course)...in fact I've yet to run into any (4 wheel) compatition for my S since I went stage III...not that I don't think it exists - I certainly do...just I haven't seen it yet personally....and EVOs just don't scare me - bring em on!

Old 01-10-2007, 02:32 AM
2nd Gear

haha i know i would've been. no doubt about it whatsoever

Old 01-10-2007, 02:58 AM
1st Gear

I haven't driven a "standard" Evo, and I frankly don't know too much about any of them. But I did test drive an MR for fun a week ago with my friend who works at a dealership. It was so fast, but suprisingly stable at speed, even as stiff and twitchy it is around town. Such an addicting kind of fast too. They are definately sweet cars. But they are a bit over the top for me. Would make a great track car though for sure. And Japanese reliability and maintenence? Awesome.

Old 01-10-2007, 06:28 AM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: ZQ8GMC

ORIGINAL: sooks

hands down its a fast car.. you need some serious upgrades to keep up with a stock one yet alone it sounded like his was modded.
Sooks, on a side note: do you think you could you take one? I understand their power-to-weight ratio and gearing is hard to compete with, but at a Stage IV you should be 400HP +, right?

A stock one yes.. even a probably slightly modified one..not sure what itd take for it to overtake me..but at some point it would.. To give you an idea.. i ran dead even with a c5 zo6 vette.. with myabe slight mods.. it caught me at a lil over 100...

mine is really a std stage 3.. its mtm stage 4..they do their staging a bit different..but yeah, im around the 400 hp mark.

Old 01-10-2007, 09:58 AM
1st Gear

Roadhawk, I will never believe those races you claim without video, a 'HIGHLY' modified wrx would KILL a stage 3 S4, and for an EVO with intake/exhaust to lose to a stageII S4 is very unlikely unless the driver was a complete dumbshit, considering the HUUGE gap of performance stock/stock, wrx stock runs LOW 14's, EVO stock runs LOW 13's, so either you are running your mouth, or your definition of 'highly modified' is pretty wacko, your car runs mid-high 14's stock if you forgot, and BoxterS are very slow, they are just another mid-life-crisis car. I love Audi's, I am actually on the market for an A4 right now, I just call bullshit when I smell it ..
[align=left] [/align]

Old 01-10-2007, 01:24 PM
Site Moderator

I actually somewhat agree with dew to a point. An s4 stock is aorund mid14's in the 1/4. My friend ran his in 14.3. And while i would say a highly modified WRX is different than a highly modified STi.. Wrx's take quite a bit of work done to them to be fast...theyre slower then an s4 stock..and dont have a turbo.

With the evo..it does actualy matter what version youre talking about.. The evo 8 vs the evo 9 is a big big difference... And a normal driver with mods on an evo should take most s4's.. HOWEVER.. The one difference is..take him at waht.. off the line an evo is a beast.. But if youre doing a highway pull or soemthing..its a different story.. the evos/sti gearing is low and arent great up top..if the guy isnt in boost...he prob isnt makign a ton of power.. so thats a factor too

Old 01-10-2007, 02:10 PM
3rd Gear

Back to the EVo thing, the 03's are the slowest! Mine is a05, it has a bigger turbo, front LSD, & has the driver adjustable center diff.

Stock mine will be beat an 03, eve if the 03 has a couple of bolt ons.

My car hits about 24lbs of boost, & tapers to 21psi till redline. On the Dyno it put down 288hp & 290ftlbs. Then don't forget it's around 400lbs lighter!

Off line you really have to launch them (5000rpmish), or they bog. On the FW both cars in top gear, the EVO will smoke the S4. The torque hits really hard around 3000rpms

In the 1/4mi I have no idea, but on the track, the EVO is much faster.

My mods
WORKS P2 Flash
WORKS Turbo back, ceramic coated
WORKS intake
Rallyart grounding wires (they work on the EVO)d
That's it for the engine. It's putting down the HP @ the wheels that the engine is rated for, that's pump gas. On that Dyno the S4 did 260hp.

Old 01-10-2007, 02:13 PM
2nd Gear

All this talk is making me worried, anyone know the price of a KO4 turbo kit?

Old 01-10-2007, 02:24 PM
2nd Gear

roadhawk,
def dont believe without any videos !!!!!!

ORIGINAL: CamoA6

All this talk is making me worried, anyone know the price of a KO4 turbo kit?
your gonna needALOT more then just the k04's to beat an evo...... especially the MR edition.....

Quick Reply: 01 audi b5 s4 vs mitsubishi MR editon evo