RS Model Line Audi RS4 and Audi RS6..Pure race-car performance technology applied to the comfortable ride for which Audi is known

Trev: you were right about Daytona

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 12:26 PM
1st Gear
Default Trev: you were right about Daytona

Trev has been a bit vocal about Daytona Gray and I'll admit being the skeptical one. I regretted buying the last gray car (a brand new charcoal 1982 Z28), back then I told myself I wasn't going to buy any more gray cars because gray "is not even a color". But largely because of Trev, I changed my order from Sprint Blue to Daytona Gray.

Trev, you were absolutely correct. The Daytona Gray is stunning and fits the character and styling of this car to a "T".

[IMG]local://upfiles/18919/C55BD7787EEA4AD7B837CC43198B292E.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/18919/514D5EEEDE114470B2FBA35277AB4B6D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-17-2006, 02:35 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Trev: you were right about Daytona

Very happy you like your decision Elevens. I remember when I went up to my dealer the first time, one of the hardest parts was finding a color I liked. I have owned black cars, red cars and even silver w/ "brown" trim cars so my options for the next color were slim. I knew I did not want yellow and the Avus Silver was to bland/plain. I got a sneak peak at the red RS at my dealer (same one used to promote the car at shows) and was almost sold on another red after that. I didn't want to attract too much attention so I steered away. It seems as though black everything is back in style now ex:cars, cell phones etc..and as much as I liked the thought-I could not bring myself to buy one. Plus, they are hard to keep clean and I don't have the time to wash it every other day & they show chips a lot easier & it hides detail & (haha) it hides the pearl effect-which I love! FYI-there was no way I would buy the dark blue (forgot the color name) but for all who have bought one congrats. This left me with 2 options: Sprint or Daytona. I was so back and fourth, I talked my salesman into letting me borrow the 6X6 color schemes for both. I had those things for like a month...whoops! I asked everyone what they thought because I wanted something low key, easy to maintain and sophistcated yet cool. It was a very hard choice considering I was set on blue 2 years ago when the reviews started coming out & it is my favorite color. My brother was one of the people that hit it home for me, he said: "the blue looks good but is to fast and the furious for me". I didn't want that for many reasons. Thus, Daytona was the choice! I was the first RS owner to pick his up at my dealer, 06/05/06, and there were 2 others there when I arrived. When I pulled in, the first one I saw was the Avus and was very disappointed. I actually thought it might be mine and was really disappointed. I soon figured out it wasn't. Then my salesman walked me around back and showed me the Black one that was there (BAD POETS FYI) and I liked it but again, it wasn't for me. Then he walked me down to mine and needless to say my mouth dropped and it was the exact color I thought it would be and then some. I was so happy with my decision and am glad you were too! I have black interior which I have always wanted and it looks great on this car. I noticed you have silver in your pics and it also looks great! If you noticed on the list of owners, Daytona is the second most owned color underneath the Phantom...that says something. To be honest, I was kind of hoping it was a little lower down the list for rareity purposes but o'well. Out of the 7 RS4's my dealer has sold I am the only one who chose Daytona. I feel I made the right choice and everyone at the dealership agrees. Again, happy you like and enjoy your new baby!

[IMG]local://upfiles/17633/6629A105CFFC4CA5B94A30ED19FD0B6D.jpg[/IMG]