RS Model Line Audi RS4 and Audi RS6..Pure race-car performance technology applied to the comfortable ride for which Audi is known

RS6 Confusion

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 01:47 AM
1st Gear
Default RS6 Confusion

Okay I know the RS6 Avant will not be coming to the US.
But does Audi have US plans for the RS6 Sedan?

Thanks,
JJ

Old 12-08-2007, 12:38 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: RS6 Confusion

Hi JJ

Guess you have to hang in there for a little while, but you should be rewarded for your patient. Please check my preferred web page when it comes to carrumours www.topspeed.com and hit Audi, then you get the model line-up and you check RS6, it has been spotted already as a sedan.

Now when we are at the topic of Avant versa Sedan, why is it that most American do not like the Avant or should we say station cars in general? In Europe it is theopposit, there you will see much more station cars on the road then Sedan's. If we go a little back in history, the first twoRS modelsfrom Audi were only available as Avant.Back in Europe theGermans are not exactly known for their humor (no offence), but when it comes to cars, things take a different turn. When the RS2 came on the marked back in 1994, it boosted 315 PS.Those daysthat was alreadyfigures in911 (993)league, and it could beat the Maclaren F1 as well, ok, only from 0 - 50 km/h, but all together that was more thenenough to ensure it some respect on the Autobahn!

However, the point is thatyou could beat some of the911, having your labrador sitting in the trunk with its tongue haning out of its mouth laughing of the 911 owners, see that is German humor.

It continued with the B5 RS4, only available as Avant. Then came the RS6, which was the first RS model offered as both as Avant andSedan, most likely becauseAudi wanted a piece of the Americanmuscle car market and the only way in was a Sedan. Is it good or bad, I will not be the judge, I can only say that ifI had had the option of ticking a box saying Avant when I ordered my RS4, so it would have been.

At the end I better make it up to the Germans reading in here if I offended any by commendting on your humor, we love your Beer, Cars and your Autobahn, keep it up and we will be back.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:44 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: RS6 Confusion

ORIGINAL: larshenriksen68

Now when we are at the topic of Avant versa Sedan, why is it that most American do not like the Avant or should we say station cars in general?

Lars,
That is a good question. I'd take the RS6 Avant or even the S6 Avant over any SUV option for my family. I don't get it.

Thanks for this site rec.
Cheers,
JJ