RS Model Line Audi RS4 and Audi RS6..Pure race-car performance technology applied to the comfortable ride for which Audi is known

RS4 to be replaced 07/08 ???

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 06:30 PM
Default RS4 to be replaced 07/08 ???

I'm on the waiting list for an RS4 to be delivered March 2007. I've just found out that the A4 is being replaced towards the end of 2007 - if I understand correctly not a face lift but an entirely new model. What does this mean for the 2006/7 RS4 model, will it get replaced at the same time? Will a new RS4 sedan appear based on the new model? Appreciate any answers !!

Old 08-21-2006, 08:19 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: RS4 to be replaced 07/08 ???

i think you need to get yourself moved up on the list!!!! there's gotta be some RS4s out there available in dealer inventories now!!??

the all-new A4 at end of 07 as an 08 sounds very realistic. they will not replace the S4/RS4 at the same time. but similar to what BMW did with the 3-series and how the new 4-door sedan is sold next to last gen 3 coupes and M3s, audi will continue to sell new A4s next to current S4s and RS4s at least through 2008 model year.

so even if you want a RS4 based on the new platform, i think they're still at least two years away (2009 model year).

Old 08-21-2006, 08:50 PM
1st Gear

>What does this mean for the 2006/7 RS4 model, will it get replaced at the same time?

NO.

** I can't guarantee that your RS4 won't turn into a pumpkin at the stroke of midnight.

[IMG]local://upfiles/20361/3E695A51173349DAA548320CB2D2E024.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-21-2006, 11:56 PM
1st Gear

holy melted velveeta, batman!!![sm=insomnia.gif]

Old 08-22-2006, 01:33 AM
2nd Gear

As u said there wont be a RS4 for ages after this (B7) one

Audi always releases the RS whether its a RS4 or RS6 at the very end of that model shape

The S is a bit diff

So if u wont a RS4 get one now, coz if wait till the next one u will prob end up buying something else by then

Old 08-22-2006, 07:19 PM
1st Gear

Everyone's reply's are exactly right! The '07 RS4 was put into production b/c Audi is getting ready to change the body style...completely. Audi, just like all other auto makers, won't release a new RS4 until the end of the next body style (if we are- lucky). You might see an S4 soon after but not an RS4.
This confirms my suspicions about the RS being around for 1-2 years as I previously noted in earlier threads. Great news!! This means the RS will hold its value nicely. This was one of my biggest reason's for buying a car of this caliber/price...good resale potential. Granted, I hope I have the funds avail by that time where I do not have to resale my RS (the whole family thing wear's on the bank account-I don't have a fam...YET).
Plus, every RS model is unique/when the new (concept) RS comes out Im sure it will be phenominal BUT-every model has its perks. The '07 RS4 has more than I can mention (some can't be put into words) and it will be admired by car enthusiast for years to come! By the time the newer one comes out, there will be "black boxes" on every car, watching and recording every move. This is good for a crash but otherwise-I don't want "big brother" to know when I am doing 85 in a 55! I read the article yesterday on that new technology for future autos FYI. Just one more reason why all should go out and buy an RS before its too late!!!

Old 08-23-2006, 03:22 AM
1st Gear

The new Audi A4 platform is already being tested in mule chassis all over Los Angeles and South Africa as far as I know. Of course other places as well, like Germany and such. I've seen it in LA and SoAf already, two very popular testing grounds for most manufacturers.
The new platforms main change is the placement of the engine. It moves back a considerable amount, behind the front axels as opposewd to on top like the current, making the weight distribution better and tendency to oversteer due to front weight bias a lot less (we all know how much the S4 and RS4 need this). Also, something I like a lot design wise, a front overhang that's extremely short (Think BMW M3 overhang) , the change it's enough to be very noticable on the mules themselves already with a akwardly placed front wheel on the current body panel shod mule. Also the new chassis allows for something everyone has complained about on the A4 platform, more rear leg room. The new chasis supposebly allows for considerably more leg room without major increase on the size of the vehicle. The body design its said to follow the wider "muscular" body panels of the B6 as opposed to the narrower look of the B7 panels, and again, with a front overhang not only shorter than the B7 but the B6s also, by a lot. "One of them" told me that one of the other big things theyre testing on this mules, is a DSG designed for more engine configurations than just transversely mounted motors....meaning, it will probably go into the V6 and V8 engines...maybe even V10? something the current DSG does not allow for since its designed for the transverse mounted engine exclusevely, like the In line 4s in TTs, A3s and 4 cyl.A4s.

Just thought Id throw that out there since I got this info from what could be the closest to "the horses mouth" I know. Again, these are "mules", which mean they are testing, does not mean it will work and make it into production, BUT by the time these thing make it into the mule, the chances of it making it to production are pretty good. As far as the looks of it theres no way to tell since "mules" are called that because the outer panels are either from a current model modded to fit the new chassis or covered in weird looking plastics and tape to throw you off....so it looked like a very weird proportioned A4 with lots of gaps and tape holding it together
And yes, the RS4 release is typical of a company that wants a last hurray for a model before a complete redesign (here in the USA that is), kind of making sure all eyes are on A4s in order to keep the flow onto the new ones. So the chances of an RS4 on the new platform anytime before 2-3 years after release are slim....but who knows, enough demand from marketing surveys and it could happen a lot sooner.

Old 08-23-2006, 01:11 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the update! Even if the "mules" now don't cut it, they (audi) will try try again until one does....its inevitable that the cars design will change, matter of when. ALL car manufacturers change their body style every 5-7 years to keep in with the times and appeal.

Old 08-23-2006, 11:49 PM
1st Gear

By the way, I got a look at whats to be an Audi A7.....the thing is sexy....kind of like a 6 series Bimmer or CLS Merc.
And the R8 is also testing here in LA....amazing enough they managed to slap panels from A4s and A6s to cover it up.....but its a two seater so lets just say a close look at it and those in the know can figure it out. The thing sounds like a V8, the guys wouldnt tell me much other than "were not really testing the engine on this mule" so........take that for whatever it is. It could be that theyve already tested the V8 on it and have move to test other stuff, or the put the V8 on there just to test other thing abou tthe R8...who knows. I asked about he V10 and he just shrugged.

Old 08-24-2006, 06:45 PM
1st Gear

R8 will come w/ a V/10 standard and possibly the RS4 engine (twin turbo) as a cheaper model option. You can check it out on the track at neuronberg if you go to www.autoexpress.com

Quick Reply: RS4 to be replaced 07/08 ???