RS Model Line Audi RS4 and Audi RS6..Pure race-car performance technology applied to the comfortable ride for which Audi is known

Phantom Black Pearl or Daytona Grey

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 04:16 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Phantom Black Pearl or Daytona Grey

Re-sale/color is what I have been preaching about ever since I became a memeber. I would hate to have to give up this beauty but one day, I will and I don't want to twirl my thumbs waiting in the process. I am convinced that if you own a Phantom or Daytona-there will be no problem reselling.
That is the great thing about the Daytona (even the overall look/design of the car) it has a subtle/business like approach yet will wax almost anything in its path! Blue is a great color but I would have to agree w/ T.S.-I bought gray so I didn't have to worry as much about "poepoe". Thieves and ricers will still be able to determine its an RS4 but it won't be as prominant. They all DO look good.
PS-I didn't think Audi made the RS4 in White chees eater? HMMM?

Old 07-12-2006, 06:59 AM
2nd Gear

i was using all makes of cars for the basic three colors, not just the rs. yes, they are neutral and easy to re-sell, but you aren't driving a camary either. you could sell this car even if it only came in poop brown. someone would buy it for the simple fact of what all it offers besides the paint... IT'S AN RS4 MAN! but, one does have to take into consideration thier location. i get looks all the time but it's because this shade of blue in germany is quite rare. seems like every third car i pass is an 4 series avant, but not this color. and as for thiefs, i had a dodge ram in north dakota and some punks broke into it because they were bored along with seven other cars in the parking lot of equal or lesser value. if some one wants to mess with your ride, i think the fact your car isn't their car is enough reason for that sort of punk to do what they do. i guess what i haven't really said is, if you like blue, you need to be able to see this in person because the tint changes in the light and pictures don't really tell it all. doc, what ever you do end up choosing, congrats on the purchase!

Old 07-12-2006, 07:27 AM
2nd Gear

here ya go, a little cross forum action but this guy did a good job with pictures.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...hreadid=107330

Old 07-12-2006, 01:28 PM
1st Gear

The shade of blue on the sprint IS awesone! I did want it but the cops in my area are like the gistapo, they're everywhere and crooked! B/c of my past I wanted to steer away from anything that would land me a ticket or a trip in the back of a squad car. With saying that I really really like the Daytona! It does it for me. I would like to see someone in a sprint RS4...that is the only color I have not seen in person! That blue is also very rare here in the states. Even if you find one with that shade, it doesn't have the pearl effect.

Old 07-12-2006, 02:17 PM
1st Gear

Actually Trev, Sprint Blue IS Pearl Effect and thus costs $750 extra. So when I switched to Daytona, it was actually cheaper. I've never seen Sprint either, hope I don't have regrets changing color.

Old 07-12-2006, 04:01 PM
1st Gear

"Sprint blue is pearl effect"...confused? Are you referring to all sprint blue colored cars or just the RS4? I was under the impression that the sprint blue offered on the RS is a standard pearl effect. If sprint blue is avail on other makes, aren't they only offered in flat and metallic? I also knew it would be extra to get sprint blue and that is one of the reasons I choose Daytona. However, I thought it was actually more to get the blue? Instead of $750 as you heard...my dealer said it would be $1500.00! Doesn't make sense to me? Otherwise, its been a while ELEVENS, how are you like'n your RS so far?

Old 08-11-2006, 11:13 AM

Hello guy's I'm new to this forum, and I wanted to know if someone could post a picture of the RS4 in Mugello Blue? I am trying to decide between the Mugello Blue or Black.

Old 08-11-2006, 02:39 PM
1st Gear

ooooo!!! ooooo!!! i want to chime in on this request because that's the EXACT same colors i was going back and forth on.

here's moo jello:

moo jello on a cloudy day not in direct sunlight:

i ended up getting phantom black because:
1) it was sitting on the dealer floor and i would have had to order mugello
2) i love dark blue but not everyone does; phantom, avus and daytona are easy "resale" colors
3) black was a much more "menacing" color and contrasted the silver trim even more than mugello

i still second guess myself whenever i see mugello because it is such a beautiful color. but just to share my rationale on why i went with phantom.

Old 08-11-2006, 05:24 PM

Hey thanks for the pictures tsunami racer. When i get back to Germany next week I will be getting the phantom black.