RS Model Line Audi RS4 and Audi RS6..Pure race-car performance technology applied to the comfortable ride for which Audi is known

Phantom Black Pearl or Daytona Grey

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 03:37 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Phantom Black Pearl or Daytona Grey

Thanks for all the input guys, I can't wait until I'm trading RS4 stories with you. Can't wait to push the S button

Old 07-08-2006, 10:14 PM
1st Gear

No problem Doc. I will say from experience that the S button is nice but I do not use it all that much. It takes a while for the use to set in. Both "offroad" and I feel the same way about the engine noise VS exhaust. I love the way the car sounds w/out the S button on-you will know what I mean after you get yours. In terms of speed, there is not much diff after it is engaged. It does make the throttle effortless to control and the exhaust just barely over decibles the engine. Actually its about even. Regardless it is a cool option.

-Also wanted to share w/ all about the crotch rocket that messed w/ me yesterday. To lazy to start another thread FYI-LOL. I was cruizen to work and some A** came roar'n up behind me and was about an inch from my bumper for miles. I really wasn't in the mood, besides, I knew my chances were grim. I didn't plan on any retaliation but the idiot in front of me drivin a suburban and talking on his cell wasn't paying attention and almost made me and the A** behind me wreck.
I remember hearings as a little boy something that rang true after that..."lead, follow or get the hell out of the way"! So I decided to lead. Before I could, I had to wait for the suburban to yield first so I could speed around him once we finally reached a 4 lane rd.. Before he was finished, I punched it going up hill (in 1st gear) and didn't even notice how hard the C. rocket was having to try in order to keep up until I topped out in 3rd. Haha, man that felt great/What a great car-love this thing!
PS-the S button wasn't on.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17633/7CF97267D3454261B8D4498470AAF914.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-08-2006, 10:57 PM
1st Gear

i've been watching this thread from the sidelines debating color as well. i really wanted mugello blue with black but i guess "non-sold" cars in my region were only produced in black, grey and silver. the closest i could find was a mugello with silver interior and aluminum trim which didn't really do it for me.

so after looking at mugello vs phantom pictures back and forth all night (it is a sickness isn't it?) i decided on the phantom black with black interior. bad poet said it best that the phantom black looks manacing!!! total darth vader mobile!! and i like how the darker color offsets the brightwork on the car.

at first i agreed with the others who said the "lines" and "contours" of the car seem to disappear on the black cars, especially the fender flares. but here in southern california where the bright sun is always shining, the metal flakes in the phantom do "lighten" up around the curves in direct sunlight. so if that help any of you one way or another.

i'll post pics when i get it on monday!!!

Old 07-09-2006, 02:38 PM
1st Gear

Hell ya, represent the RS4 from SO CAL...my old stompin grounds! I guess nobody is going to budge on the Phantom, LOLOL! SH**, At least I tried.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17633/D920FEC9495C41D4B5BA4228BE88D320.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-09-2006, 05:31 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Trev

No problem Doc. I will say from experience that the S button is nice but I do not use it all that much. It takes a while for the use to set in. Both "offroad" and I feel the same way about the engine noise VS exhaust. I love the way the car sounds w/out the S button on-you will know what I mean after you get yours. In terms of speed, there is not much diff after it is engaged. It does make the throttle effortless to control and the exhaust just barely over decibles the engine. Actually its about even. Regardless it is a cool option.

-Also wanted to share w/ all about the crotch rocket that messed w/ me yesterday. To lazy to start another thread FYI-LOL. I was cruizen to work and some A** came roar'n up behind me and was about an inch from my bumper for miles. I really wasn't in the mood, besides, I knew my chances were grim. I didn't plan on any retaliation but the idiot in front of me drivin a suburban and talking on his cell wasn't paying attention and almost made me and the A** behind me wreck.
I remember hearings as a little boy something that rang true after that..."lead, follow or get the hell out of the way"! So I decided to lead. Before I could, I had to wait for the suburban to yield first so I could speed around him once we finally reached a 4 lane rd.. Before he was finished, I punched it going up hill (in 1st gear) and didn't even notice how hard the C. rocket was having to try in order to keep up until I topped out in 3rd. Haha, man that felt great/What a great car-love this thing!
PS-the S button wasn't on.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17633/7CF97267D3454261B8D4498470AAF914.jpg[/IMG]
"Lead, Follow or Get the Hell Out of the Way"

was a sign that sat on Ted Turner's desk for his entire career. I'm sure it predates him of course, but an interesting piece of trivia...

Old 07-09-2006, 06:20 PM
1st Gear

That is interesting and man how well it works when the thought arises. Good motivator to get out of the red and back into the green! Thanks for the Trivia.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17633/B9D53D5EFB394D25A1DB6E3720858431.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-11-2006, 02:10 AM
2nd Gear

seems like everyone on the road today has black or grey or white. yes, it will be an rs4, but take it a step farther, go sprint blue and you won't be disappointed. http://www.gotta-automobile.de/

Old 07-11-2006, 03:38 AM
1st Gear

Eventhough I am a Daytoan Gray owner...I couldn't agree more cheese Eater! I thought everyone would go for the Blue, red or black? Seems like everyone is going for Gray or Black. O'well... I guess I picked a good color!

[IMG]local://upfiles/17633/9D6B6027068444BF8F9FDB6392A1BD3C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-11-2006, 02:59 PM
1st Gear

phantom and daytona may be "common" colors but popular colors = easier to sell to the next guy

Old 07-11-2006, 03:11 PM
1st Gear

I agree about being easier to sell

Plus I want my car to look professional, not like a kid's toy. I think the blue looks good, but I can't really feel comfortable taking that to work.

Also, i like being discreet. Blue screams hello!!! to police and thieves and ricers.. I'll take the Daytona Gray as the perfect medium between no color (black) and full color (blue/red/yelow)

but they all look good, they are RS4s !

Quick Reply: Phantom Black Pearl or Daytona Grey