RS Model Line Audi RS4 and Audi RS6..Pure race-car performance technology applied to the comfortable ride for which Audi is known

Phantom Black Pearl or Daytona Grey

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 08:24 PM
1st Gear
Default Phantom Black Pearl or Daytona Grey

Hey everyone

I have been browsing the forum for several days now, and after seeing the recent post of "many" RS4 pics, I am whole heartedly convinvinced, the RS4 is for me. I plan on ordering in the very near future. But, I do have a problem!. Which color. I was sure about black until I saw pics in Daytona Grey, yet, I have seen no pics in black. HHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!
Does anyone have any good pics in black? If any have been previously posted and I haven't found them, direction to those pics would be greatly appreciated. Or, if anyone has pics of their own to share, I can't wait to see.

Thanks in advance

Old 07-07-2006, 09:57 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Phantom Black Pearl or Daytona Grey

I was choosing between the same two colors when i shopped around for my S4. Get black if u have the time to clean it constantly, go for daytona grey if u dont have the time. just my $.02

Old 07-07-2006, 10:02 PM
2nd Gear

Now your really going to love me!
https://www.audiforums.com/m_306478/tm.htm
ENJOY

Old 07-07-2006, 11:06 PM
1st Gear

And the answer becomes obvious!!! Let's just say, if I don't have enough time to clean it, I'll just have to create the time- less sleep maybe (I wouldn't be able to sleep with that unbelievable black RS4 in my garage anyway). Thank you so much for the thoughts and pics. No more decisions to make, just need to order.

Old 07-08-2006, 12:00 AM
1st Gear

Sounds like you have made your decision. Black is a great choice, probably 3rd on my list. First is obviously daytona and second sprint blue...FYI! One of the reasons I didn't like the phantom is b/c it hides detail. Kinda like a fat chic wearing black out to a club/less is revealed. If Black is what you want then get it! If you are looking for a suttle approach but at the same time noticeable, I would choose Daytona (shows more of the pearl effect). If you are looking for "here I am and don't I look awesome" go for the sprint. Just adding my $0.02 in there before you commit to an $80,000 resonsibility. Don't know if this persuades but hope it helps!

[IMG]local://upfiles/17633/1FF9EB028B074B01BC87BFEB2D62B614.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-08-2006, 12:19 AM

I put both side by side and with all due respect to Trev Pearl Black is the color! My dealer had both on the showroom floor... either one is a great choice you can't go wrong.

IMO the car is big (relative) and needs a dark color and the black is just awsome in the sun, sets the curves off just right.

Again just my opinion...

Brian

Old 07-08-2006, 12:27 AM
1st Gear

Thanks guys for all the input. Problem is all the colors look great. I also like the sprint blue, but too many subarus, fords etc. have ruined it for me. Unfortunately, liking black cars is like a chronic illness- once you get it you can't get rid of it. I keep trying to want a car that isn't black, but it never seems to work out that way. I am sold on the black- it just does it for me. Too bad we all can't have three or four, then we could have the benefits of all the best colors

Old 07-08-2006, 03:25 AM
1st Gear

I know this is late but I agree with Trev, the B6 body is absolutely sick in black, but for some reason the lines and contours in the B7 don't jive well in the black. My favorite color for the RS4 is definitely blue. Plus black is a horrible, hear me, absolutely horrible color to care for. I will never buy another black car!!!

Old 07-08-2006, 08:12 AM
1st Gear

I know how you feel. I decided on Phantom Black when I ordered my RS4. I wanted another color but Phantom Black seemed menacing! I'm sure keeping it clean will be...just like the other 7.

[IMG]local://upfiles/20361/AEA14BA043D54978892EB56F8CA4C859.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/20361/797F07BF22CE4688BB9D8809A2E8D54C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-08-2006, 01:53 PM
1st Gear

You hit the nail on the head docstring when you said subarus and fords ruined the blue. That is one of the main reasons I switched FYI. I said on here a few months ago, it reminded me of something out of "the fast and the furious"...I didn't want that (plus its an extra $2500 to get)! I will say it is one of the best shades of blue I have ever seen on a car and when you add in the pearl effect, OMG dude, its the sh**!
I wanted something a little more suttle, that wasn't as hard to keep clean, didn't show chips on the front as easy and finally...I wanted the color that had the best chance at quick resale if the thought or need should ever arise! Thus-Daytona was the best decision. Honestly, Phantom, Daytona and Sprint are the only colors that interest me and frankly are the only colors that look good. Red is ok but thats just it, its ok.
Glad you are set on a color. It is a very difficult decision to make considering they all look good. I teetered back and fourth until I finally stuck w/ Daytona. No matter what color you get, you will surely enjoy this car. Everyday my RS4 reaches a new milestone in my mind and the thrill of having one have only just begun.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17633/019DB811255D4D3A829E408A1E139C4D.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Phantom Black Pearl or Daytona Grey