RS Model Line Audi RS4 and Audi RS6..Pure race-car performance technology applied to the comfortable ride for which Audi is known

how do you afford your rs4?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 08:49 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: how do you afford your rs4?

Its not ususally the wife thats the problem is the extras they bring. Rings, honeymoon, mortgage payments, possibly higher tax bracket, kids with all their demands. Wifes tend to frown on eating ramen noodles more than 3 times a week, etc. Now if you have to buy her a new kitchen appliance or jewlery item every week that only compounds the matter.

wow i wasnt really thinking about all that.. stupid me. f marriage

Old 09-12-2006, 06:42 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: tsunami racer

ORIGINAL: drj0ndurst
Truth is I know I'll never own one.. but even though its an absolute waste of time, I enjoy dreaming about it.
at the risk of now sounding like yoda, that is why you will fail...

i'm not saying this crap to be inspirational. i'm saying it because for me, it's true. if you want something enough, you will do whatever it takes to make it happen. and not just material things either. you'll strive to make other things happen in your life if you really want it. you can't buy love or beauty or intelligence... but you can buy MONEY! for some people it's easier than others based on your situation but people who had NO money CAN make money in this country. that's the greatness of the US. you don't have to have money to make money. not the case in other parts of the world.

it's not easy, it's not quick and sitting on a forum daydreaming about it won't make it happen. but if you really really want something, you can CHOOSE to make it happen. or CHOOSE not to make it happen.

how do i afford my RS4? i want it bad enough and i make it happen.
LOL - sometimes however the dream is far more pleasent then the reality...concerning cars & just in general. Just because the RS4 is fast and handles well and such...does not necissarily make it the right car - or even the most enjoyable to drive or own - for everyone. I suggest that most young kids would really be happier in a Miata (or such) then in some high powered exotic car...and to properly enjoy the latter without getting oneself and other's killed ussually requires dedication to the art/skill of driving more then just being able to afford one oneday.

Anyway - RS4 is a great car - congrats to all who are owning/enjoying it and good luck to those who are dreaming of one. Also - for those frustrated with Audi service/dealerships (as expressed in this and some other threads)...I feel your pain (and understand your points)

Old 09-12-2006, 08:54 PM
2nd Gear

think of it this way, 100 bucks a week for 15.384615 years is 80k...

no matter what you do, if you want an rs4 bad enough, you will EVENTUALLY get it...

Old 09-13-2006, 04:58 PM
1st Gear

If you figure on your money saved earning interest and that the car is going to depreciate. 100 bucks a week you could pay it in full closer to 10 years.

Thats 10 years if you don't do any financing. If you save 100 a week you will have 40k in 7 years. If the car is worth 60k then you can finance that 20k for 5 years costing ~100 a week in payments.

*note all estimation with 5% rates across the board, saving, finance, and depreciation. I don't know how this car will hold its value, or what kind of rate you can get.

Really its not as far off as you think. Just saving $100 a week can be hard.

Old 09-13-2006, 05:19 PM
1st Gear

well this is my master plan...since i just saw a black rs4 at a dealer locally and now i've got the biggest bone for that thing...even over jessica alba..
i'm 20..in the airforce..and just got my conditional release signed to switch army and go special forces...so i've got a 20k bonus on the way
now back in october last year i was in tampa bay florida doing some tdy stuff and i met a black guy..sgt in the army with a blue r32...now i **** bricks and he took me for a ride and i **** more..larger..stronger bricks over the car...gawd damn nice ride..
anywho i asked him how he could afford it...he said man i drop every dime into this car..its my love and my life...whats the worse thing that can happen? they take it away..man **** happens and i'll just get another..money comes and goes.
now this guy has owned every gti in the book..16v's 8v's vr6's and now he has his new unicorn the r32.
well i've always been an audi man myself...so i bought a 2000 tt 1.8t fwd. now its not the fastest..most original..expensive thing out there..but it puts a ******* smile on my face every time i drive it..and thats the point
so back to the plan....my *** is soon to have life paid for me and i'll have all kinds of money and now where to spend it..oh correction...i'll spend the 1200 a month payment on a rs4..and that avus grey metalic. i figure..if i'm going to sell my life away and do the hardest thing a person can do with there body i'm damn sure going to have a car to enjoy when i get back.
you know it comes down to wants and desire..i'm lusting for this car bad. like **** bad. so whats the worse they can do? take it away..and i'll get another.
i'm 20..but i'm 25 at least in my heart..**** girls and nice clothes..this car is meant for me and i want her so bad! hahahahah well enough about that...and screw the m5..this car owns!

Old 09-13-2006, 05:28 PM
1st Gear

Well...that is a good run down of how to invest your money for a car. However, there are a few points I would like to make. First of all-this car won't be around longer than a year-so whatever you are saving the money for today won't be here tomorrow. Second by the time you invest to make the amount an RS4 is currently worth, you will still need to add about 20k to your intitial figure 7-10 (inflation/dollar) years down the road...at least! This car like all cars IS a depreciating assest BUT-the RS model line in itself and this RS4 model hold their value very well. That has been one of my stongest points since joining this site. I almost garantee that in 2-3 years, if the mileage/condition of the car is right, I could easily walk away w/ 55-60k. Some may laugh but I will attach the bill of sale to a thread when it happens IF I decide to sell it. Finally, I have investments in other areas and frankly this car is my only means of recreation, therefore it is more than worth the bite to my bank account. Love my RS!!

Old 09-15-2006, 05:50 AM
2nd Gear

You could just do like that one guy and start with a single red paper clip.

Who knows?
In a year's time maybe you can get an RS4 on trade.
He got a house, so anything's possible!

On a lighter note, there are a few things in MY life that allowed me to enjoy some decent perks by the time I was 25.
(Now 30 with 2 cars, a house, and a little one on the way)

Be somewhere where there's an OPPORTUNITY.
Don't live in the depths of the poorest part of the south, in the poorest part of that state, and in the poorest neighborhood in the poorest city.
I was born in CA and grew up in different places on the east coast.
By the time I was 18, I was living in Rural Hall, NC. Not exactly a "hotbed" of business opportunity.

I made it a goal to get back to California and right before my 21st birthday, I had a plane ticket, a poolstick, a suitcase, and $140 to my name.
But I was heading towards OPPORTUNITY. So I picked a job in electronics which was booming at the time and it proved to be a good decision.

4 years later, I was living by myself in a $1,600 month 2BR apt. by the beach, Driving a brand new BMW, and I had made my first $250k in one year.

Sales is the only way to make SERIOUS money quickly.
The exceptions to this rule are years of college and have a little luck.
Or.....buy a lottery ticket and have a little luck.
Or.....Sell drugs and need a LOT of luck.

You just have to want something bad enough and you have to be willing to go for it.
We live in America. Land of opportunity. Don't ever forget that, and take advantage of it whenever possible.

Good luck.

Old 09-15-2006, 08:12 AM
1st Gear

250K/year with an electronics job damn that'd be nice. is that without a college degree

Old 09-15-2006, 12:11 PM
1st Gear

I'm 21 and live in SW FL, dropped out of college after 2 years, then got into car sales. After 2 years of making decent money I finally started my career in a completely different field. I am the Executive Sales Manager for a large landscape company. I make a salary of 40k a year plus commissions, on top of that they also pay my car payment/insurance(which combined makes about 800/month... alot of tickets on my old car =X). I bought a nice little 1400 square foot condo, am engaged and have bought my fiancee a nice little loaded up Jetta. I make about 70-75k/year, and from my experiences(though limited they may be). I am not nearly the most successful person on here, not by a long shot, and i'm faaaar from rich, but I completely agree with Evoic... SALES IS THE EASIEST/QUICKEST WAY TO MAKE ALOT OF MONEY! My next car won't be a RS4, but it will be a S4...

Old 09-15-2006, 03:27 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: drj0ndurst

250K/year with an electronics job damn that'd be nice. is that without a college degree
I decided that I wanted to make money and have a career.
Since no one was going to be paying me to go to college (in the near term, anyways....) - I chose the business world.

No college degree.

Since I now have 10 yrs in the industry, the degree doesn't really hold me back these days.
I currently run West Coast operations for one of the bigger electronic component distributors in the world.
It's like being drafted to the NBA out of high school.
Score 30 points a night and no one cares about your BA, LOL.

And I don't mean to mislead when I say $250k.
That was one year.
During a boom.

The past 10 years, due to the tendency of sales being up and down, look more like this:
$30k, $50k, $50k, $70k, $250k, $100k, $70k, $90k, $60k, $75k.

If you have a weak stomach, I may recommend AGAINST sales, because if you blank for 2 months - you've got problems.

Anyways. Just keep your eyes on the prize (whatever that may be for you) and work hard.
You'll find your way to where you want to go, eventually.

Quick Reply: how do you afford your rs4?