RS Model Line Audi RS4 and Audi RS6..Pure race-car performance technology applied to the comfortable ride for which Audi is known

how do you afford your rs4?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 09:53 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: how do you afford your rs4?

ORIGINAL: drj0ndurst

yea im in a career right now that is in between hobby and job, computer science. I just dotn think I'll ever be able to afford an 80 thousand dollar car and it sucks. entreprenuer huh, what were some of your favorite college classes?
I'm not an RS owner (obviously not at 18), but I'd say that attitude is going to stop you from getting an $80,000 car more than how much you make at your job. You just have to learn to make certain sacrifices in order to get where you want to be.

Old 08-16-2006, 10:22 PM
3rd Gear

What's up with these "what do you do for a living" threads?

Old 08-16-2006, 11:50 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: cary12

What's up with these "what do you do for a living" threads?
Whats up with these "What's up with these 'what do you do for a living" threads?' type questions?

Old 08-16-2006, 11:57 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Cameron

yea im in a career right now that is in between hobby and job, computer science. I just dotn think I'll ever be able to afford an 80 thousand dollar car and it sucks. entreprenuer huh, what were some of your favorite college classes?
I'm not an RS owner (obviously not at 18), but I'd say that attitude is going to stop you from getting an $80,000 car more than how much you make at your job. You just have to learn to make certain sacrifices in order to get where you want to be.
And another thing, I would never choose a career because of how much money I'll make or what things I can buy. I hope that when you make a career choice, you look past that, and look for what you like to do, not what you would like to have. I make $24k a year right now but I love my work. I'm not going to college because I want to go to trade school and be a mechanic. Everyone tells me I'd make a great engineer, but the truth is, I'd hate to do that. I like fixing what is broken, not designing new things for people like me to fix. Sure, I'll never make enough money to lay down some cash (or probably even finance) an $80,000 car, but I love what I do. If your only motive in career options is buying an RS4, I pity you because you are going to have a horrible life.

Old 08-17-2006, 01:37 AM
1st Gear

-All I have to say is money isn't everything and neither are cars or material items. Ya sure, they make life a little nicer but if you get your joy or feelings of success from an object rather than who you've become on the inside....you need to look in the mirror. I am grateful that I am fortunate enough to have such an automobile/life but it could easily end tomorrow and I can't take a dime or a car with me. Therefore, I get my happiness from the accomplishments I have made and people I have helped...period.

-OK, enough pep talk on careers, money and how lucky RS owners are, someone start a new thread with an RS whooping some A**! Maybe I will w/in the next week-when it stops raining here dammit!

[IMG]local://upfiles/17633/21D1105C62D143BFBF67EFC00303C5C5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-17-2006, 10:50 AM
1st Gear

i just have one question.. did you have the mother theresa attitude before the $ started flowing

Old 08-17-2006, 01:18 PM
3rd Gear

Whats up with the DEEP THOUGHTS?

Old 08-17-2006, 02:25 PM
1st Gear

I grew up poor as ****, my dad literally shovel'd **** (manewer) for $50 a week when I was a child and yes my family and I have always been good hearted people and always will be whether financially secure or not. "To whom much has been given, much is expected". With saying that, you also have to look out for scam artist and people that use you b/c of what you have. All I have to say to that is "you reap what you sew". *You don't have to be an A**hole to get or be financially secure drj FYI.*

Old 08-17-2006, 02:51 PM
1st Gear

Everyone tells me I'd make a great engineer, but the truth is, I'd hate to do that. I like fixing what is broken, not designing new things for people like me to fix.
you could go work in management at general motors. you'll make a ton of money AND they're trying to fix all sort of things over there...

money isn't everything. trust me, i know alot of miserable bored unfulfilled people who have everything.

Old 08-17-2006, 03:02 PM
1st Gear

And another thing, I would never choose a career because of how much money I'll make or what things I can buy. I hope that when you make a career choice, you look past that, and look for what you like to do, not what you would like to have. I make $24k a year right now but I love my work. I'm not going to college because I want to go to trade school and be a mechanic. Everyone tells me I'd make a great engineer, but the truth is, I'd hate to do that. I like fixing what is broken, not designing new things for people like me to fix. Sure, I'll never make enough money to lay down some cash (or probably even finance) an $80,000 car, but I love what I do. If your only motive in career options is buying an RS4, I pity you because you are going to have a horrible life.

very well said ..

Quick Reply: how do you afford your rs4?