RS Model Line Audi RS4 and Audi RS6..Pure race-car performance technology applied to the comfortable ride for which Audi is known

Got my new 2007 RS4

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 12:20 PM
1st Gear
Default Got my new 2007 RS4

So I got my new 2007 RS4, the dealer in the area had ordered a few of them (these were not special orders) and I had put a deposit down on the Mugello Blue. So anyway the car got delivered to the port (Baltimore) but sat there for a week because Audi was too cheap to pay a trucker 100 bucks to deliver the car because that was the only car at the port I guess... So it finally arrived at the dealership last Saturday...

Anyway, when I arrived at the dealership they still had the following

Black w/ Black Interior
Avus Silver w/ Black Interior
Daytona Grey w/ Silver Interior
The Mugello Blue I put a deposit on w/ Silver Interior

Since nobody had deposits on the other three cars, I actually had my choice between any of them, fortunately it was a sunny day... I actually lined up all the cars side by side.. I didn't care for the Avus Silver because the color looked too common and it reminded me of that silver jetta color that everyone has... I liked the Black but felt it didnt really stand out that much.. Under the perfect lighting conditions, bright sunny day or artificial light, I honestly believe that the Daytona Grey is the best looking color.. However, it reminds me too much of that gray Acura TL color that everyone in this area seems to own... Also, fortunately the sun went down and it was partly cloudy, which seemed to sort of wash out the other colors except for the mugello blue so i went for the mugello... personally I don't feel that the RS4 really stands out unless you get the Red , yellow or Sprint Blue, but that's a good thing for me as I don't need any more speeding tickets.. I also wasn't comfortable with the daytona grey because my experience with grey cars is that when they are dirty they look extremely DULL...

So anyway after i got done with all the lease paperwork and what not, the car was washed but the guy who washed it did a horrific job.. first of all there were some swirl marks on the hood.. i also ended up finding a big scratch on the trunk whcih their detail guy took car of.. my overall experience there pretty much sucked, there was a lot of waiting around etc.. and overall i felt like I was being treated as if I was buying a VW rabbit.. and I honestly tried to go in there with an open mind but all the negative things i've read on this forum about Audi are definitely 100% accurate...

I didn't do a really thorough job inspecting the car, you figure a brand new car like that, that just arrived from the port shouldnt have any issues.. but when I get home I noticed that there were some BLACK MARKS on the driver side panel leather part and the passenger side.. i think the guy who was cleaning the car had grubby hands... also when driving the car something doesnt feel right, i feel a bit of vibration on the driver's side and when i take the car over 60mph the steering wheel vibrates or shakes.. I'm hoping its as simple as getting the tires balanced but not sure what the problem could be or if maybe I'm too sensitive to the ride and need to get used to it..

Anyway i've emailed the sales rep twice asking him if i can bring the car in saturday to get the black marks cleaned.. i've also called their service department twice and left messages so i can bring the car in and get it looked at , i've received zero response from anyone there..

So far I'm not too happy with the overall experience.. I like the car but i'm not in love with it, my car before this was a Inifiniti G35 coupe 2005 which I still own and need to sell, I have to say the infiniti is more fun for me to drive, i guess because it is rear wheel drive and in the AWD on the RS4 you just dont really feel the power... anyway i'd be curious to hear what you guys think about what i've posted and my ramblings

Thanks,

Cyc.

Old 01-10-2007, 08:37 PM
Default RE: Got my new 2007 RS4

Well I just pulled the trigger on an RS4 in Daytona Grey with the black interior. The only option I ordered was the rear airbags. Anyhow, I got a great deal of 65K OTD as I ordered it through military sales. Fortunately, the German Audi dealers are head and shoulders above the yahoos you guys have to deal with in the USA. Looks like it should be here by 01 April.

Like many of you I considered the Porsche 997 but my military sales guy would only go 3% of MSRP. I emailed several stateside dealers and they dropped 5%. Personally that is not much on a 15% marked up 997. Also the nickel and dime options on the 997 were BS. I mean a C2S should come with parking assist, heated seats and sport seats as standard.

I guess I'll have to start an oil thread. Not!

Old 01-11-2007, 12:39 AM

Hi. I am new here and have been lurking for a while. I am trying to make a decision between the M5 and the RS4. Anyway, I just wanted you to know that the vibration problem you are talking about is not the first time I have read about this. Several people from different forums have the same problem. I know this isn't much help to you, but you should know that you are not the only one experiencing this.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:20 AM
1st Gear

I just traded in a black G35 Coupe 6MT for a 2007 RS4 last week and I'm amazed at how much more powerful and refined the Audi is. I think the rear end of the G35 was frighteningly sloppy on thelousy roads here in Massachusetts. The RS4 has much more thrust and can also deal with the ripples and potholes we have all over the place. Even in a straight line I can really tell the difference between the two.The RS4 also goes right where you point it and can easily bring you safely through mistakes. Powering into a turn with the G35 too aggressively would easily put your rear end on the sidewalk. I'm very impressedwith the performance and more so with how much more elegantly all that power is handled.

I'm not experiencing any problems with vibration but I am getting shrill brake squeel at low velocity stops.

I think the service at the Infiniti dealership was much better than the Audi dealership but I still feel the service has been great. Then again I'm not all that demanding. We'll see how they handle the squeeling brakes issue.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:53 PM
1st Gear

thats interesting cause i also have a G35 6MT (athens blue) and I dont feel much of a difference between that and the RS4, then again i haven't tried that button that turns off the AWD, was told not to do so... Does anybody know if the RS4 will play 4GB SD cards? I had read that only HC (High capacity devices) will read them so not sure if the RS4 can.. ?

Thanks to the guy for tip about the vibratoin, im glad im not the only one havign this problem, i am taking it in to the dealership on monday to have it looked at so i'll post the results of that...

Also was curious how many miles a brand new RS4 is supposed to have mine had 30 miles on it and the sales guy claimed that they drive these cars in Germany to test everything before shipping them out, 30 miles seems like a bit much though for a brand new car.

Thanks,

Cyclonus.

Old 01-12-2007, 09:40 PM
1st Gear

you dont feel the difference between the two cars? thats pretty amazing....... maybe they left 2 plug wires out on the RS!

Old 01-12-2007, 09:48 PM
1st Gear

why do you say it's amazing? the G35 has 16K miles on it, and it's broken in and rear wheel drive, the RS4 is AWD and brand new.. besides how would you know? apparently you only drive automatic cars

Cyc.

Old 01-12-2007, 11:15 PM
1st Gear

congrats on your purchase. i wish you a fun filled RS4 experience!!

mine came with 70 miles. i got the same "test driven at the factory, blah blah blah".but there were 2 other cars when i took delivery and they allhad about that many. this was back in July 06. so 30 doesn't sound sobad.

please keep us posted on the vibration issue. i have it between 60 and 65 mph but it's pretty faintso i haven't bothered taking it in. and yes my tires were balanced.

speaking of tires, what brand tires did you get on yours?

Old 01-15-2007, 02:04 AM
1st Gear

nice...i could give you the list of cars ive owned that were not automatics, but not my style. My S4 is my daily driver, you try and pull that off in the kind of traffic i deal with, i do spare me the "why do you live there then?" classic reply.
I say its amazing that a 400+Hp car doesnt feel any different to you than a sub 300Hp car, thats all...and the RWD vs AWD doesnt really play as much as you think here. Plus, the fact that I constantly pull on G35s on my S4 (for some reason everytime a G35 pulls up next to me they want to go at it), which doesnt come close to your RS4, makes it even more strange that you dont feel "much difference" between the two cars. Simple and honest observation.