Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

You've got to be kidding me....

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 04:47 PM
Tech Slut

Originally Posted by MrFlippant
Faster A4ThanUrs; you are my hero.
yea, well i dont like glorifying it at all... it was such a shitty experience. I ended up gettin locked up for the five days following that night, and i dont own that sexy M4 carbine you see in my avatar anymore as a result... I have a motion filed for this thursday to try and get my guns back, but its not lookin to good. Ive been arrested enough times for all of us on here, and if ive learned one thing: if the police are comin for you, RUN. And never call them to help you, ive been arrested twice for that, one of which was when my sister's boy started a fight with me in my house and I rocked him. Then he wouldnt leave so I called 5-0... we both ended up in cuffs that night.

Old 03-21-2009, 05:13 PM
4th Gear

Wow that cop sounds like a complete ******* tool...

sounds like the same kinda cop that wrote me a ticket for wasting fuel.. because he realized I had done nothing. 85$ or some ****.

He was a ******* ***** to us, accused us of being high, accused my friend of throwing a joint out my window... which he didn't, we didn't even have cigs. We just were driving back from a baseball game, he had a ******* foam hand on... cops are just straight embarrassing sometimes.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:50 PM
5th Gear

that'll catch up to you...
sometimes it does. its a toss up.

Worst would be to get arrested for driving w/o a license, but if they're on top of their paperwork and I behave, worst is paying a $35 scofflaw termination fee on top of whatever fine they were gonna charge me with to begin with.
Didn't think up this tactic until a year ago. Used to just plead not guilty and act for a reduced (non-moving) fine. Doing it like this has got me out of paying anything on a couple of times, and I've had to pay the scofflaw thing once. If the trend continues (and I'm trying to just avoid getting pulled over to begin with), I'll save money in the long run.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:13 PM
5th Gear

Matt i heard that speeding tickets can hurt your credit. i could have heard wrong but do some research on it because you really don't want **** credit these days

Old 03-22-2009, 11:28 PM
5th Gear

my credit is excellent, and I have no clue how driving tendencies play into financial responsibility.

most of my tickets aren't speeding tickets anyway. usually the plate, the almost 1yr overdue inspection, right on red in town, when the only sign that says you can't turn right on red at that light is 100 yards back up the road, instead of at the intersection...