Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

You've got to be kidding me....

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 08:03 PM
4th Gear
Angry You've got to be kidding me....

So today i am driving along for work just minding my own business listening to music and whatnot. I go across the street onto a side-road where a green Ford Expedition has just pulled onto as well. The SUV pulls over to the side of the road and i go past, i didn't think anything of it, then the SUV pulls back out behind me and flips on his takedown lights, yes, unmarked police car... I pull over and he pulls in behind me. I get all my registration out and license, ect and he comes up to the window and says:

"Do you know why I pulled you over?"
I say "nope!"
"Because you don't have a front license plate." - which i don't. I have a euro plate.
I told him oh, ok, yeah i have it right here in the car and forgot to put it back in the window because I just did a photoshoot.
He goes on to say "Well do you think you are above the law and the rules don't apply to you?" I was kind of blown away by this comment. I told him no that I didn't think that and that I hadn't put it back yet. He then tells me that it doesn't matter anyways because it has to be mounted to the front bumper (which in WA state is NOT true. It just has to be visible from the front). I said ok. (Didn't want to **** him off since he is obviously on a power trip already).

He finally asks for all my stuff, license, registration, ect, and then says my registration is expired. I said that i thought it was good till the end of the month? My tabs are good till the end of this month. He says it doesn't matter and that i was going to get a ticket for expired registration on top of the license plate thing. I told him that I had just gone to the emissions testing place and was going to get the new tabs and registration in about 20 min (which was true) and he said "Fine whatever. Get it done quick." He then goes back to his car and a few min later comes back and hands me a $125 ticket.

I dont really care that much about the ticket as I do the way he treated me. He was mad, and kept trying to **** me off. I have been pulled over a few times before, and even the time when i got arrested (long story, but never went to jail) they were WAY nicer than this guy was.

Sorry just had to get out there.

Josh

Old 03-20-2009, 08:14 PM
6th Gear

I remember your thread on getting cuffed I think.

and fight it, see if you can complain about the officers way he treated you and demeanor, along with knowledge of state laws. See if you can do something like that.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:38 PM
1st Gear
Cool

sucks man. cops are always on power trips specially here in NY.

Take this for example. I am a cable guy as a living. Drive a labeled work van with company logo so on. One day driving through a little town. A sheriff pulls out of his little speeder hiding spot and flicks on his lights. I pull over wondering what the hell I did. Cop walks over, older guy. thought I'd get off easy cause he seemed like a little old guy that wants to tell me stories of his childhood. I wasn't speeding and my tags were good. I just figured my company was dumb and behind on their insurance or something. or I had a light out and didn't realize. which the company pays for since its their van.

needless to say. He asks for my license and registration and all that happy crap. and proceeds to walk to the front of the van and stared vacantly at my tags. Im fumbling around looking for my insurance and registration since Ive never been pulled over in the work van and wasn't entirely sure where it was. He walks over to the window and I said I was looking for the tags cause I wasn't sure where in my folder the were. He says and I quote " Oh Don't worry I really only pulled you over to see if you had a spare remote for my reciever at home its a .."

First reaction all that could come out of my mouth was... "you've got to be fu%*$&ng kidding me."

not exactly the douchebag you have but yeah he uses his authority to stop my vehicle because he remembered he needed a remote for home instead of calling in and paying for one. sorta made me angry and made me laugh at the same time.

Hope you get that ticket dropped! figured this might amuse you into forgetting about it a little. True story though.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:01 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by TheDavey
sucks man. cops are always on power trips specially here in NY.

Take this for example. I am a cable guy as a living. Drive a labeled work van with company logo so on. One day driving through a little town. A sheriff pulls out of his little speeder hiding spot and flicks on his lights. I pull over wondering what the hell I did. Cop walks over, older guy. thought I'd get off easy cause he seemed like a little old guy that wants to tell me stories of his childhood. I wasn't speeding and my tags were good. I just figured my company was dumb and behind on their insurance or something. or I had a light out and didn't realize. which the company pays for since its their van.

needless to say. He asks for my license and registration and all that happy crap. and proceeds to walk to the front of the van and stared vacantly at my tags. Im fumbling around looking for my insurance and registration since Ive never been pulled over in the work van and wasn't entirely sure where it was. He walks over to the window and I said I was looking for the tags cause I wasn't sure where in my folder the were. He says and I quote " Oh Don't worry I really only pulled you over to see if you had a spare remote for my reciever at home its a .."

First reaction all that could come out of my mouth was... "you've got to be fu%*$&ng kidding me."

not exactly the douchebag you have but yeah he uses his authority to stop my vehicle because he remembered he needed a remote for home instead of calling in and paying for one. sorta made me angry and made me laugh at the same time.

Hope you get that ticket dropped! figured this might amuse you into forgetting about it a little. True story though.
Hahahaha> I'm sorry bro. I think it was just funny what that sheriff did.lol
Yeah, more and more police officers use their authority to benefit themselves.:@

Sorry to hear that ThePaintballGuy, I hope you can do something about it.

GL

Old 03-20-2009, 10:42 PM
5th Gear

i got out of a ticket for no front plate, but not for inspection being 8 months overdue the day after Christmas.

I threw the ticket away (my usual style).

Still haven't heard anything about it, guess I win this round. Me:3, 'the man':13, but I'm catching up...

Old 03-21-2009, 09:27 AM
Tech Slut

[QUOTE=achTTung;1060820].

I threw the ticket away (my usual style).QUOTE/]

that'll catch up to you...

cops are often times ***********... I dont understand why they are mad at the fact that you dont have a front plate... theres much more important things to worry about in life, and that is not worth the stress... I wish they didnt have all the power in these situations.

new year's '08 a cop came into my house and started trying to rough me up and put cuffs on me, i wasnt havin it and took him out.... real bad idea fyi. Im still dealin with it. And pepper spray is a ****** bitch... its a much longer story than that, but theres no winning with them. Well maybe through the lawsuit ive filed, but id rather none of it ever happened.

Old 03-21-2009, 09:57 AM
Tech Slut

Originally Posted by vnv727
you hit a cop?

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad move
nah, i choke slammed him and did a lil ground n pound... his partner came at me with the pepper spray, which i knocked outta his hands and brought him down with us... i wasnt so lucky with the third cop... his spray really got me and then the other guy got his... and they stood there emptying them in my face... that stuff affects way more than just your eyes... burns your throat nose skin... its horrible.

Old 03-21-2009, 11:26 AM
5th Gear

wow i know what you mean josh. idk if you saw my thread about cops too. i'd check up on that ticket about the tags though. just do some hw to make sure he isn't giving you a ticket because his wife made him sleep in the bathtub last night

Old 03-21-2009, 11:40 AM

Well I was actually going to be a cop and did some studying and training and what not, but because their are so many @$$ O cops I had a career change. And actually I learned some secrets about the whole cops giving out traffic tickets.

NEVER admit to anything!

License plate...never admit it wasn't there...just say "oh...ok..." Never say you forgot to put it on or it fell off, or your picking up your registration. Because if you say anything to back up your "reasoning" you just admitted to guilt... So the paintballguy, sorry but you can't get out of that ticket anymore...well if

For those speeders out there...well all police officers have standard procedure...they can pull out there radar and clock your speed, BUT they need to have 2 reference points where they should of clocked your speed. If anyone gets pulled over for speeding...also, do not admit you were, because if you say sorry or my bad or anything to imply you were, then your also screwed. You can however ask..."how fast was i going?" then follow the answer with a "oooo, I thought I was going with the flow of traffic" then follow that with a "well what were your reference points?" if none, your either free to go or you can fight it easily fight it later."

Oh cops are just D***s because they have authority and most all have narrow minded @$$hole personality traits...those are the only guys usually hired...

oh and f***ing with a cop is a bad idea...also why I had no other choice but to have a career change because of past mistakes lol.

Last edited by leo536; 03-21-2009 at 11:47 AM.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:31 PM
4th Gear

Faster A4ThanUrs; you are my hero.

Quick Reply: You've got to be kidding me....