Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

your wife hates your driving and you hate hers?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 10:03 AM
Banned
Thumbs down your wife hates your driving and you hate hers?

who else is with me? i'd rather just use seperate cars.

discuss

Old 12-23-2009, 10:12 AM
Senior Administrator

I don't have a wife, but, back when I did, she DID hate my driving. Along with pretty much all but one of the women I've dated in the meantime.

Actually, it isn't just my ex's that hate my driving:

- I frighten my friends, too.
- People I zoom past on the highway (here, and back when I was in Europe) honk their horns and flash their lights. I'm guessing they're not cheering me on.
- The police, also seem to take umbrage with some of my "tatics."
- My Guardian Angel has resorted to taking public transportation, rather than assume the position hovering over my right shoulder.

Maybe it's me...

NAAAH!!!

It's SO them!

Old 12-23-2009, 02:47 PM
3rd Gear

Don't have a wife, but everytime a girl is in the car they say I drive too crazy, I'm just thinking, I'm actually being sensitive to others on the road because you're in the car with me!

Then we switch, and I'm holding on the Osh*t handle, the door handly, my feet are firm on the floor and I keep monitoring her every move, it just makes me nervous to see how irresponsible women drive sometimes.

Old 12-23-2009, 05:24 PM
Banned

You guys know what I'm talking about. When I drive I feel like I'm in total control. She steers with both hands on the wheel all the time and when she shoulder checks, we veer in the direction of the shoulder check...or she takes turns too fast when the roads are icy. Or she drives over all bumps or potholes even though we take the same route every day. She's really clausterphobic around other cars. You should see her when I pass between two big trucks.

Old 12-23-2009, 07:21 PM
Senior Administrator

my (thankfully, now) ex-wife once made a pass around the outside of a blind curve, with me and our two children in the car, and cudn't understand WHY I went ABSOLOUTELY APE-FACED-BAT-SCHITT once we (miraculously didn't meet any oncoming cars or TRUCKS!!! YIKES!!!, it was a two-lane country road, and foggy at mid-winters midday...) made it back into our lane, alive.

I take calculated risks, at times, but I DON'T close my eyes and roll the dice, and I NEVER risk others with crack-fiend moves.

Old 12-23-2009, 10:39 PM
5th Gear

don't have a wife but my GF loves it when my tires squeal. she also can't wait to go snow drifting with me. she also loves my car lol. idk i guess all women have their good and bad but it's awesome when she shows more good than bad. like Jazzy says i know my limits and don't just randomly do what his ex-wife did.

Old 12-23-2009, 11:09 PM
4th Gear

I actually like a girl right now who LOVES my driving! She drives just like i do and is always telling me to go faster! LOL

Josh

Old 12-24-2009, 09:46 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by AWDaholic
- My Guardian Angel has resorted to taking public transportation, rather than assume the position hovering over my right shoulder.
LOL love it Mine used to take a cab back in my younger hooligan days, but he's come back into the fold now and trusts me. Amazing what parenthood can do to your driving tendencies

Old 12-24-2009, 02:45 PM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by ImTheDevil
LOL love it Mine used to take a cab back in my younger hooligan days, but he's come back into the fold now and trusts me. Amazing what parenthood can do to your driving tendencies

Yeah!

Suddenly, "the future" is somewhen where your children will come of age, not just some radical idea YOUR 'Rents rant about, huh?

My kids are grown, now (My youngest; my Son, is now *Stationed* in the country he was born in... Italy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aviano_Air_Base)

Old 12-24-2009, 09:55 PM
5th Gear

If you can't tell me what threshold braking is, or hit an apex, Im probably not going to be comfortable with you driving me around. That doesn't mean I want whoever is driving to be braking like that, or hitting apex's, I just want to know that you can drive, and not that you got lucky finally and your license after your third time thru the DMV...

Quick Reply: your wife hates your driving and you hate hers?