Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Your Most Embarassing Driving Moment

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 11:11 AM
1st Gear
Default Your Most Embarassing Driving Moment

We've all made dumb driving mistakes at some point driving away trying to conceal your face! Post your most embarassing driving moment here.

Here's mine that I can think of now.

My school has probably the worst location in the entire school district because it is not only on a very skinny two way road, but it has the highest accident rates out of all the roads in the city. But one morning, I wake up for school. This was when I was prohibited of driving onto school campus for 2 weeks because I got caught messing around a little bit in the parking lot with my audi, so the closest other parking lot was a church parking lot across the road. Since there is only one lane for each direction, traffic is a factor of being to class on time. There is however, a left-turn lane to turn into the school from the closest and busiest entrance to the campus.

That morning, I decided to take the risk and try to sneak it into the school's parking lot. After parking, I became paranoid. So then I decided to just do the right thing. I went to go park in the church parking lot across the street. The church parking lot was right beside the left-turn lane of the road covered by the loads of vehicles waiting in the left turn lane. I knew it was going to be quite a hassle just to get to there.

So when I take a right out of the busy entrance to the school campus, I go about 30 feet, stop and turn on my left blinker. It was angering me that it took 3 or 4 cars waiting in the left turn lane for one to finally give me a gap to turn. Here was the dangerous part, all these people are lined up in the left turn lane with other cars coming beside them at the speed limit. The people in the left turn lane were covering everything! I couldn't see anything coming, so I decided to risk it and make my luckiest guess when to go. Once decided, I gas it hard and make it across. But the point right before I got into the parking lot after crossing, the car felt like I just landed from a General Lee style jump! Before I knew it I found that I just peeled through the small ditch to get into the parking lot rather than the intended entrance. I felt ridiculously dumb! I looked up at the road and everyone waiting in the left-turn lane had their eyes on me. I tried to go on with it as if I meant to do it. I sat there for a while wondering what happened to my Audi, maybe they're staring at my nearly torn off front bumper... After a while, I walk out to check. Besides my fog light broken in, nothing serious happened! I received several comments about what happened from people in the school though. After school, I looked in the small ditch and I could see the print on the snow from when my front bumper slammed right into it. Luckily the snow probably gave it some cushion! Don't ask how I was so ignorant lol, not enough sleep!!

Probably wasn't that good of a story, but let's hear some good ones.

Old 12-31-2008, 11:54 AM
1st Gear
Talking

ok well i have 2, both happen in winter a few yrs ago.

the first one begins on the busiest road in my town. ( it is how everyone gets to the next town, and the same road has McDonalds, Burger King, Wendys, Taco Bell, and Arby's) the roads were shitty and a light coat of snow made everything that much worse. well i was taking my older bro to get some food at mcDonalds. now this road is a pain because there is an entrance or exit every two feet, that leads in or out of these fast food places. I go to make the turn into the mcdonalds lot, but i turned too early and ended up in the exit of the burger king exit lane. there is a curve in the road right beforehand, so there i am, trying to back a firebird out of the burger king drivethru with people are blazing thru the snow goin 35-45 mph around the turn. After holding eveyone up for about 5 min, i say f-it and i drive over the curb into the mcdonalds lot that had a much higher curb than anticipated. I looked like an ***, but got a good laugh, and me, my passengers, and car all came out alright.

The next story i short and simple. It was after a huge snowstorm, that should have cancelled school but didn't. I was on my way to school and was coming upon a stop sign, going only about 20-25 mph. I start braking early but obviously not early enough and i start sliding out into the intersection. I was trying to turn right anyways, so while sliding out, i start to make my right turn since i won't be stopping anyways. My turning of the wheel hits the ice and i do a complete 180 degree turn. So there i am, facing the wrong way, stopped at that stop sign, looking at the faces of the people in truck stopped behind me. I laughed it off, threw her in reverse, did another 180 and drove off.

Old 12-31-2008, 12:49 PM
5th Gear

i'm backing out of a parking spot and people are all around me. i turn the wheel and in the process beep my horn. there was nobody in my way lol. infact there were other people pulling out but there were nowhere near me. everybody looked at me like what's going on? i just had to gtfo lol

Old 12-31-2008, 01:46 PM
5th Gear

uhh, fishtailing after being high beamed off the road in the middle of a sharp turn, front of the car drifted into the other lane, and met the front of a minivan with a guy and his 3 kids. totalled both vehicles, nobody hurt, but kids scared shitless and crying. felt bad for them.

also, driving very pissed, and a little drunk, which means too fast... braked too late, and into a turn. Rear of the car got light, got loose, and then put me into a guardrail on the other side of teh road, facing the other direction. Pulled the fender out of the tire, drove him and went to bed. Flatbed the next morning, and a few grand in damages. felt like a total idiot. that finally slowed me down. finding out a year later that if you can feel even a faint buzz you're pretty close to the legal limit, so that commercial on the radio 'buzzed driving is drunk driving' holds much truer than I gave it credit for. That smartened me up.