Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

you know that Taurus kid that talked about me and posted the pic of my montero?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 09:58 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: you know that Taurus kid that talked about me and posted the pic of my montero?

odd that he made the tcca account under my email or odd that i got an email from the admin?

Old 02-10-2008, 09:59 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: you know that Taurus kid that talked about me and posted the pic of my montero?

I think odd that you would go to this extreme. I however, think its hilarious.

Old 02-10-2008, 10:00 PM
4th Gear

thats why i did it, it was hilarious haha

plus im happier now

Old 02-10-2008, 10:04 PM

well thats all that matters

Old 02-10-2008, 10:12 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: CoBra03TerminAtoR

well thats all that matters
Whoa, those were my exact words after he told me what he was doing on IM.

Old 02-10-2008, 10:15 PM
1st Gear

shoforum.com which i am a member of and used to own a 1991 Ford Taurus SHO. never heard of it ? its a Yamaha built 220hp 3.0l V6 motor mated to the Mazda built MTX-IV 5 speed transmission. the engine redlines at 7300RPM only to save the accessories from grenading. these engines love high RPMs and at 70MPH a drop to 3rd gear will put you at over 100MPH in only a matter of a 3-4 seconds. the engines are proven reliable with the ability to go for over 300K miles with proper maintainance. the weakest link in the rotating assembly are the rod bearings. so it has become standard practice to replace the rod bearings at 100K.

in stock form, itll hit 0-60MPH in 5.7 seconds and put down a 1/4 mile at 100MPH at just under 15 seconds. not bad for stock outta the box from a FWD Taurus eh ? now lets talk about an SHO that has forced induction, over 500HP at the wheels and the ability to smoke Z06s on the highway all day long.

as for tauruscarclub, i was never a member, but i do know Racer X.

Dale

Old 02-10-2008, 10:23 PM
4th Gear

nice, but the kid im talking about had a bone stock taurus with a 3.0 vulcan, and he said that a Plastic CAI from auto zone, a muffler welded to a stock exhaust and aftermarket racing spark plugs gave him up to 290-300 HP, on a 3.0 SOHC vulcan

the numbers on the car you described i respect, pretty impressive

Old 02-11-2008, 01:24 AM
1st Gear

Is that really his number..........?

I probably shouldnt have called it...

some kid who sounded high/drunk picked up and started crying about something that had to do with some sort of taurus forum..
either way..
it was wierd...

Old 02-11-2008, 04:23 AM
5th Gear

on his myspace page the comment says he's into american muscle......and he has a taurus[&:]

koolmilds- thats really not that impressive numbers, especially for something labeled "SHO". and im bettin to get those forced induction numbers you were talking about, your gona be replacing internals, among other things.

Old 02-11-2008, 09:46 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: chaos92287

koolmilds- thats really not that impressive numbers, especially for something labeled "SHO". and im bettin to get those forced induction numbers you were talking about, your gona be replacing internals, among other things.

first, sorry for the thread hijack....

SHO = Super High Output. surprisingly, the internals hold up real well to forced induction, with the only exception being the pistons. they are cast but its nothing that a set of JE Pistons and Total Seal Gapless rings wouldnt take care of.

the SHO is really an impressive car considering the time it debuted in 1989 but by todays standards, it was merely a run of the mill car. the intake system consists of dual path snakes with vacuum operated secondary butterflies. there was no better sound than that of the secondaries opening at 3950RPMs while under full throttle. also, it had a top speed of 143MPH in stock form.

should i start my own post about my old car ?

here are a pic of my old car:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...t=P9080025.jpg

and an engine pic of an old friends supercharged SHO:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...t=P4160331.jpg

Quick Reply: you know that Taurus kid that talked about me and posted the pic of my montero?