Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

are you kidding me,

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 04:17 PM
4th Gear
Default are you kidding me,

I'm doing this stupid defensive driver crap to get rid of ticked and look at the kinds of stuff they think you should do.

Driving on a two-lane street, you need to move by a parked car. You Identify a driver in the car and that his door is ajar. At the same time, you Identify a small truck in the oncoming lane also approaching the parked car. You Predict that you will both reach the parked car at about the same time. Using the Adult Attitude State derived technique of separating risks in order to handle the risks one at a time, you would:

Predict that the oncoming truck poses some risk of collision. You arrive at this determination based upon your need to ease into his lane to get by the parked car if you were to continue on your way uninterrupted.

Therefore, Decide to Separate yourself from the truck by adjusting your speed (slowing down) to allow the truck to move by the parked car first. Then, a brief tap of the horn to warn the driver of the parked car that you’re moving by him would be appropriate. Carefully ease left around the parked car, moving back into your lane and continuing on your way once you complete the maneuver.

Old 10-23-2006, 04:38 PM
Senior Administrator
Default RE: are you kidding me,

Or... FLOOR IT!!! Thereby passing teh "danger zone" LONG before the truck will become a potential threat... Scream some obscenity at the @$$hat in the parked car, as you pass, letting him know how displeased you are that he dint have teh common sense to check for traffic before opening his car. He's an @$$hat... WHAT an @$$HAT!!!

Old 10-23-2006, 04:45 PM
5th Gear

lol i like Jazz's answer better.

ya that DD course sucks. are you doin the lowest price traffic school one? i had to do that one last weekend and it was sooo fukin boring.

Old 10-23-2006, 04:49 PM
18T
4th Gear

ahahahha thats some funny *****

Old 10-23-2006, 06:43 PM
Senior Administrator

It occurs to me that there is at least ONE additional viable alternaative:

...as you proceed, maintaining your current pace, direction, and speed... Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusssssssssssssss sssst before you enter into the area your predictions have deemed potentially hazardous... Think thin thoughts. You should then be able to squeeze through, unscathed.

I am a Genie-***. I have magical poots!

Old 10-23-2006, 07:11 PM
3rd Gear

lol, well you didn't think they actually wanted to teach you something right? the just want your hard earned money.

Old 10-23-2006, 07:32 PM
4th Gear

I've been planning (procrastinating) to take a DD course for the extra $150+ off my insurance but didn't get around to actually going. Anyways I say the answer to your question is...
Decide to Separate yourself from the truck by adjusting your speed (slowing down) to allow the truck to move by the parked car first.

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic
Or... FLOOR IT!!! Thereby passing teh "danger zone" LONG before the truck will become a potential threat... Scream some obscenity at the @$$hat in the parked car, as you pass, letting him know how displeased you are that he dint have teh common sense to check for traffic before opening his car. He's an @$$hat... WHAT an @$$HAT!!!
haha you sound like a seasoned NYC driver. Sometimes I wish I was driving a Mack truck and its legal to crush these annoying/slow/retarded motorists...kinda like the **** we do in Baghdad.

Old 10-23-2006, 07:38 PM
2nd Gear

No.
After observing the driver of the parked car, you, in your Hummer H1 would immediately make a pre-emptive strike by moving right into the curb lane and completely running up and over said parked vehicle. The oncoming driver would be so shocked by your maneuver that he would steer to the right, jumping the curb and plunging into Bob's Lube & Taco building, thereby clearing your whole road ahead. Problem solved.

Old 10-23-2006, 07:40 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

So tell me how you really feel. ANd yeah, its like the $35 one, I did section 1 and can stand the thought of doing the next seven, [sm=bangbang.gif][sm=bangbang.gif][sm=bangbang.gif]

Old 10-23-2006, 07:49 PM
4th Gear

Do you score extra points if you are able to shear the door off of the parked car and hit the truck head on?

Quick Reply: are you kidding me,