Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

You can't trust ANYBODY, anymore...

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 12:24 AM
Senior Administrator
Default You can't trust ANYBODY, anymore...

STINGER STUNG: Canadian Fred Gilliland, 53, allegedly bilked investors out of $29 million in a 1999 investment scam from an office in Florida, and was a U.S. fugitive. He had returned to Canada to live in luxury, allegedly continuing to pull stock scams and avoiding extradition back to the U.S. One of Gilliland's alleged victims ran a sting: he befriended Gilliland, then took him into the U.S. for lunch in Point Roberts, Wash., a tiny spur of U.S. soil accessible by land only via Canada. U.S. authorities had been briefed and let them through without asking for identification. Just over the border Gilliland was arrested and hauled back to the mainland to face trial. What got him to take such a risk? He was promised a 2-for-1 lunch special at a Point Roberts restaurant. Once Gilliland was in custody, "I said, 'Now you have 3,650 free lunches coming to you'," said the victim, whose name was kept secret. (Vancouver Sun)

In the words of that kid on The Simpsons who's always laughing at everyone... HAA! HAA!

Then there's THIS:
The inspirational Charles Gonsoulin of Los Angeles, pursuing a Canadian woman he had met on the Internet, sneaked across the
border on foot in February from the North Dakota side (because a 1984 crime would have prevented his legal entry), heading for the bus station in Winnipeg, 75 miles away, even though he had no experience with sub-zero (F) temperatures. When police picked him up just inside Canada, he was disoriented and with such frostbite that he lost 10 fingers and most toes, but, he said later, "It was all worth it for me. It's the difference between sitting around dreaming about things and going out and getting them." "I know my life is complete." He was scheduled for deportation as soon as he recovers, and the pair still haven't met. The woman lives near Montreal, 1,400 miles from Winnipeg.

Old 04-24-2005, 01:31 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: You can't trust ANYBODY, anymore...

'Now you have 3,650 free lunches coming to you'

I love that! haha

Old 04-24-2005, 04:15 AM
5th Gear

just 10 years for scamming 29 million dollars?!?! it almost sounds worth it............hhhhhhmmmmm......

Old 04-24-2005, 06:32 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: bentframe

just 10 years for scamming 29 million dollars?!?! it almost sounds worth it............hhhhhhmmmmm......
lol seriously, how many jobs do you know of that you can bring in 2.9 mill a year.

Old 04-24-2005, 07:27 AM
Administrator

that alot of money

Old 04-24-2005, 03:47 PM
Senior Administrator

1. White-collar crime has ALWAYS paid. The bigger your haul, the smaller (proprotionally) your compensatory obligation. It's the way of all capitalist systems. What I really wanna kno is... How can I be down? Maybe BF & I can conspire to bilk the gub'mint outta a few billion, do 5 years, pay a 250 MILLION dollar fine (each, of course) and retire to a private island in the Bahamas which we'll pave over and race rediculiously modded RS6's against each other for the favors of the nekid local female population... While knockin back umbrella drinks like they're going outta style. You wit me Bent?

2. That was one VERY expensive lunch.

3. WHO, in their right mind WALKS across Canada, at the expense of ALL of his fingers and toes, FOR A WOMAN HE NEVER EVEN MET!?!?!? Wait, I answered my own question. Never mind...

Old 04-24-2005, 03:58 PM
5th Gear

sounds like an absolutely wonderful plan awd, i'm in! alright, so i'm gonna contact a few experts on the subject, the enron guys, martha stewart...who else would be a good reference to start off our endeavor....

Old 04-24-2005, 04:10 PM
Senior Administrator

I thinl we can't go rong if we pattern our business model after those TYCO guys. They seemed to have the bestest time, IMO, on their buildup to an indictment. That way, we can have fun before AND after... Plus, ClubFed won't be too bad a way to pass the time. Private cells. Cable. No taxes on our off-shore holdings while we bide our time. Conjugal visits... This is sounding better and better, huh?

Old 04-24-2005, 04:12 PM
5th Gear

hell yea! i can't wait to get this project rolling...

Old 04-24-2005, 04:50 PM
2nd Gear

Can I join I got major corporate plans

But I'm bringing my bikes too! So I can race rs6's and bikes... good times!

Quick Reply: You can't trust ANYBODY, anymore...