Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

WTF is the world coming to!?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 11:11 AM
2nd Gear
Default WTF is the world coming to!?!

Read this story it scares the living crap out of me I mean what in the Fvck is the world coming to!?! I thought about donating in college for some extra money now I am really glad i didn't. What do people think about this?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,314564,00.html

Old 12-03-2007, 11:17 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: WTF is the world coming to!?!

Yeah I would definitely appeal that... what a load of crap!

Old 12-03-2007, 11:52 AM
4th Gear

wtf??? it amazes me to no end the connections courts make.

for everyone's sake I hope he wins on appeal - cuz if he doesn't no one will donate ever again.

Old 12-03-2007, 11:57 AM
2nd Gear

It wasn't the guy's initial 'donation' that did him in - it was his actions afterwards - gifts; birthday cards signed 'Dad', etc. He was 'involved' in the boys' life, and he WAS the father. Says the 'father' signed away his parental rights - doesn't say anything about the boys' rights for a father.

Old 12-03-2007, 12:18 PM
4th Gear

fvck that ****, your a donar, the woman that gets pregnant with your sperm does it at her own will, it is really you giving a gift, definetly fvcked up stuff.

Old 12-03-2007, 12:58 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: karguy427

It wasn't the guy's initial 'donation' that did him in - it was his actions afterwards - gifts; birthday cards signed 'Dad', etc. He was 'involved' in the boys' life, and he WAS the father. Says the 'father' signed away his parental rights - doesn't say anything about the boys' rights for a father.
good point - up to a point - with that kind of reasoning let's try this...

Single mom has a kid - her uncle (fill in any male figure related or otherwise) feels for her boy - buys gifts and such. Spends as much time as he can to be that "father" he will never see.

Does he pay child support?

If a guy signs away his parental rights - that's it. There should be no obligation. Especially when it's considered more a gift of donation not a biological obligation.

That's my 2 cents

Old 12-03-2007, 01:01 PM
2nd Gear

I guess you have some good points karguy it makes me question the motive of the so called "father"unfortunatly for the rest of usthis could set a precedent which could lead to court decision like this in the future. To think I was going to donate to get beer money for a couple weeks...crazy...

Old 12-03-2007, 01:43 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: Palindariâ„¢

wtf??? it amazes me to no end the connections courts make.

for everyone's sake I hope he wins on appeal - cuz if he doesn't no one will donate ever again.
All *my* spermatological donations go to the Kleenex(â„¢) foundation of America

Old 12-03-2007, 02:15 PM

Being nice to someone doesn't constitute the legal obligation 2 care for them.

Old 12-03-2007, 02:56 PM
4th Gear

so are you saying that if my mom got a divorce from my STEP father then he'd have to pay child support for me because he is a father figure to me? i dont think so... but who knows, crazier things have happened

Quick Reply: WTF is the world coming to!?!