Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
YES
0%
Hell NO!
54.29%
Depends on the situation..
28.57%
WTF?
17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

would you think its ok if your GF's bestfriend is her EX boyfriend?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 02:36 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: would you think its ok if your GF's bestfriend is her EX boyfriend?

ORIGINAL: pturbo

I agree with a lot of what was said already, so I won't type that all again. You can't tell a person to stop seeing everyone that she used to hang out with just because she is now dating you, but the 5 nights a week thing is over the top. I dont think I have ever spent 5 nights straight with the same girl and something not happen - whether they were an ex or I just met them. Nature doesn't stop because she started dating you. I'd tell her what you are thinking.
Bingo. I'd be worried.

Old 05-31-2006, 02:45 PM
Site Moderator

I think this is a tough one. You cant really tell her what to do. giving an ultimatum doesnt work, and if you try to force them to do somthing, they resist.... theyre stubborn. Pretty much like other people said tell her your feelings on the subject and the issues you have with it, but tell her you trust her. She may blow it off right away, but it will stay in the back of her mind and will come around eventually (if she does really care about you)

HOWEVER.. i agree with pturbo... AND i should throw in the more time they spend with someone...women especially, the more they become attracted to the other person. Thats a proven fact.

I think the biggest problem for me would be.. Well she dated him.. ok, fine, she was obviously attracted to him at one point. And if theyre best friends well whats the problem or whats missing for them not to get back together. Basically, the key to that question is, how long were they together.. and most important, why did they break up. The answers you gave a little while, and it didnt work out dont cut it. You should be able to ballpark it to whetehr it was a few weeks, couple months, half year, year etc.. and if you dont knwo why they broke up, find out.

Old 05-31-2006, 02:54 PM
3rd Gear

Im living this situation, but it just took an odd turn, my ex's best friend was a guy, and though they never really dated she slept with him for a while whil her bf (his best friend/her best freind) and they were going to start dating but then I came into the picture (im better in bed lol) so they never did he got bitter and they stopped talking but she missed his friend ship, and she told me that she only slept with him because she was unhappy with her ex, so well i told her it was ok for them to hang out and i trusted her.. long story shot at parties when the two of them were together my friends would always say **** like she is cheating on me just because of the way they acted together, I never said anything but she didnt want my friends treating her like **** so she stopped talking to him.. then we broke up she started hanging out with him again, he broke up with his gf becasue he thought my ex would get with him, she just wanted to be freind, then I realized i was an *** and im not going to find another girl like her, got her back now because he knows he ant getting any *** he stopped talking to her and is now with her best gf and they had kept it secret for a while doing **** behind her back, got her all pissed and now she has lost both of her best friends..

Old 05-31-2006, 03:07 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: JohnnyBravoA4

Im living this situation, but it just took an odd turn, my ex's best friend was a guy, and though they never really dated she slept with him for a while whil her bf (his best friend/her best freind) and they were going to start dating but then I came into the picture (im better in bed lol) so they never did he got bitter and they stopped talking but she missed his friend ship, and she told me that she only slept with him because she was unhappy with her ex, so well i told her it was ok for them to hang out and i trusted her.. long story shot at parties when the two of them were together my friends would always say **** like she is cheating on me just because of the way they acted together, I never said anything but she didnt want my friends treating her like **** so she stopped talking to him.. then we broke up she started hanging out with him again, he broke up with his gf becasue he thought my ex would get with him, she just wanted to be freind, then I realized i was an *** and im not going to find another girl like her, got her back now because he knows he ant getting any *** he stopped talking to her and is now with her best gf and they had kept it secret for a while doing **** behind her back, got her all pissed and now she has lost both of her best friends..

Am I the only one who couldn't follow that... at all?
:P

Old 05-31-2006, 03:26 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

coming soon to an OT thread near you... "tell me your trouble" staring the all knowing, all telling: KELLY. how can she be wrong if she drives an S4 like that! she'll tell it like it is and give you the REAL SOOP on how to handle women AND what women REALLY want.

Old 05-31-2006, 04:04 PM
3rd Gear

its even harder to live it... I tried to shorten it as much as posible but it may have ended up coming out wrong.. oh well

Old 05-31-2006, 04:08 PM
2nd Gear

She's cheating on you... [:@] No, but seriously, I would never feel 100% comfortable with that...

Old 05-31-2006, 05:27 PM
3rd Gear

Sure, if you don't mind him taxing her *** like the Government when you are not around.[8D]

Call me cynical I guess.

Old 05-31-2006, 05:35 PM
4th Gear

def no

Old 05-31-2006, 06:07 PM
3rd Gear

Half of my close friends are girls so I cant really say ****... two of my closet friends are girls and I have alot of friends that are girls, so its hard for me to say no you cant hang out with any guys but im going to go get **** faced every thursday night with all my girls that are friends... cant set a doulbe standard its all about trust.. if she cheats then ill just kill the sob she slept with and never talk to her again..

Quick Reply: would you think its ok if your GF's bestfriend is her EX boyfriend?