Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

which would you pick?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 12:45 AM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by STAUDI
even if it's the base model?? no leather, moon roof, fogs & BOSE?? :/

Which is why I say pay a bit more and get the A4.

At the end of the day, it's only money.

Old 12-24-2008, 12:46 AM
1st Gear

How did someone get 52K miles onto an A3 already? That'd be the issue for me. Otherwise I like the A3 and I'm an A4 driver!

Old 12-24-2008, 12:46 AM
4th Gear

even if it's the base model?? no leather, moon roof, fogs & BOSE?? :/
do you NEED all that?

my a4 has leather, heated seats, moon roof, fogs and bose, but i would have been fine without all of those things. plus some of them can be added later on. and i think my next car is going to be an A3 Sportback. the 2dr if possible, i saw one at the audi dealer, and i just like looks and the size of the car.. its not too big. and it looks really nice

Old 12-24-2008, 12:48 AM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Jc61990
do you NEED all that?

my a4 has leather, heated seats, moon roof, fogs and bose, but i would have been fine without all of those things. plus some of them can be added later on. and i think my next car is going to be an A3 Sportback. the 2dr if possible, i saw one at the audi dealer, and i just like looks and the size of the car.. its not too big. and it looks really nice

Dif strokes for Dif folks. My next car is gonna be either a B6 or B7 S4 Avant

I dream big, or a lifted Chevy 2500HD with a 6ft Bed and a Tow package able to Tow 6000lbs or more with ease.

Also I thought they didn't sell the 2dr A3 in the states, only the 4dr And I sat in an A3 at a car show last year (well actually an S3) but it was to small for me. (I'm 6'2" BTW)

Old 12-24-2008, 12:53 AM
4th Gear

the one i saw at the dealer was a 4dr, but i saw pics of the 2dr online. but the 4dr was even a nice size. i mean, i had no idea how small they were until i actually saw one in person. but if i cant afford an A3, and dont feel like taking a loan out. i might get a 300ZX twin turbo. or maybe take a loan out for an older evo, and go all out sleeper

Old 12-24-2008, 12:54 AM
3rd Gear

I love my A4 but when it comes to newer models I wouldn't by another A4. If you want an A4 I say it has to be a B5 lol but the A3 is a really nice car imo.

Old 12-24-2008, 12:55 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by CAB509
The only problem I see is that the A4 isn't quattro, but since it says your from TX, that probably isn't an issue for you.

TO be honest though I would have had something very different if my Audi didn't have AWD. I would have gotten a RWD car that makes more power, weighs less than my Audi, and had a quicker and better handling car then the Piggy I love. But it's those snowy or wet days that make me love her to death.

SO since you live in Texas, why Audi?
yeah south texas haha, no damn snow here! lol

why Audi?... well i've loved them since i can remember. What caught me was the rings the first time i saw one... haha really i was like 9. Plus my GF dad had one and knows it fairly good in case i need something done to it. i shoulda bought his... it was a 01 A4 2.7 that was babied so much. he would spend 6 hrs washing it (no joke) it had 70k miles and had timing belt changed withing the last year.... oh the funniest one... he would use a Q-Tip to clean all the cracks around the door handles!! haha.. wish i had money a couple months ago... he sold it for 7,500.

Old 12-24-2008, 12:57 AM
4th Gear

why Audi?... well i've loved them since i can remember. What caught me was the rings the first time i saw one... haha really i was like 9. Plus my GF dad had one and knows it fairly good in case i need something done to it. i shoulda bought his... it was a 01 A4 2.7 that was babied so much. he would spend 6 hrs washing it (no joke) it had 70k miles and had timing belt changed withing the last year.... oh the funniest one... he would use a Q-Tip to clean all the cracks around the door handles!! haha.. wish i had money a couple months ago... he sold it for 7,500.
2.7 A4? maybe 2.8 unless it was a 2.7 a6 or s4

Old 12-24-2008, 12:59 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Jc61990
do you NEED all that?

i'm 20... haha. sure you don't NEED it... but "Audi" and Luxury Sport version of a VDubb. so I WANT that feeling i'm paying for a "sprts luxury" car

ha.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:00 AM
6th Gear

well it's a drive from TX, but I know a guy selling a DD (b5) 1.8t that makes 300AWHP for 6K now I think in Columbus, Oh. I wanna say it's a 97 or 98 but if I could get the cash together I would buy this car personally. It looks good and is gonna be quick with 300AWHP.

I just wondered because I've meet a lot of people who just want Audi because of the name and don't care about the craftsmanship or heritage behind it. They just want to say yeah, I drive an AUDI. I'm a total **** (see Top Gear for reference)

Quick Reply: which would you pick?