Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

This would SUCK

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 10:13 PM
6th Gear
Default RE: This would SUCK

ORIGINAL: apg96

would our AWD be able to stop in that or at least get out of it?
AWD has nothing to do with stopping ability.

Old 04-04-2005, 10:15 PM
4th Gear

quite possibly the most retarded thing i've heard in a LONG time. and i just watched 'Retarded Animal Babies'............................

Old 04-05-2005, 03:31 AM
Senior Administrator

With good winter A/S tires (MUCH more important than AWD, believe me), perhaps they would have been able to steer around the increasing line of soon-to-be salvage-mobiles. Perhaps, I say. Aside from the rut caused by, I'm guessing, that roads *crown,* it looked to be downhill, too. CMV and anyone else who has experience driving in snowy, icy, slushy conditions will confirm that, once you lock 'em up... You're skrewed, my friend. Gentle inputs with the vehicle control interfaces (steering, brakes and gas) and a bit of awareness as to your surroundings, will usually win the day.

That schitt wuz funy, though!

Old 04-05-2005, 11:08 AM
4th Gear

lol, 'had the experience'? you mean THE PLEASURE.
yup, when you get on ice like this it doesn't matter what tires you have, how many wheels are driving (!?!??!!?) or what colour your hair is. sometimes, when you hit the ice, you're gonna crash, no quesions. clearly, the people who crashed here could have avoided it, with a little obvervation they would see the pileup. but, somtimes you're too late. trust me.
my ABSOLUTE favorite is black ice. Ice you can't see.. but it's most definatly there. you usually hit it at speed, and 'wheeeeeee!.'

what can i say. us northerners are hardcore. unlike you southern pansys.

Old 04-05-2005, 01:04 PM
Senior Administrator

I jusst watched it again and, you know what's even funnier the second time around? Just up the hill from the lady who jumped out of her car you can see the M-Class, at about a 45% angle, trying to get out of the curbside lane. Taint happenin, though. Man-OH-man. If she had stayed in the road after bailing, she'da been roadkill.

Also, the maroon who bailed out the passenger-side and tried to stop his car Fred Flintstone-style... Don't they teach basic physics wherever he went to school? Was it Newton's 3rd law? Objects in motion... Or, MASS x ACCELLERATION... Gorilla slippin on a banana-peel... One of you braniacs help me out, here...

Know what I seriously miss, CMV? Doin dohnuts in teh school parkin lot when it was canc'd. It was easier back when ALL cars (except Saab's, Toronados, and Eldo's) were RWD. All ya needed was room to spin and a little luck when you overindulged with the loud pedal. Now, you need momentum, a clutch, and a handbrake.

Old 04-05-2005, 01:47 PM
4th Gear

lol, yeah. all this technology crap is no fun.

Old 04-05-2005, 02:00 PM

This video was recorded where i live, it was on the weather channel. I can't believe people can't drive in my town. Lol dumbasses, I've only been driving 5 years and I haven't got in anything close to a wreck.

Old 04-05-2005, 02:11 PM
Senior Administrator

Ahhh! That explains it. They were all amped on tripple-double-mocha-latte-half-calf-extra-foam-venti-macho-tripple-toe-loop-grande-hoppo-bloto, from Starbucks. Yeah. I don't drink that stuff. Makes you drive waaaaaaaay to fast for snowy road conditions. I just chew on teh beans, then I can get to work, rain or shine, sun or snow, in 15 minutes, car or no car.

Five years and no crunch-time? Thank your lucky stars. Skills or not, it's ALWAYS the one you don't see that gets you. As we used to say while standing-to, early mornings in the field, "STAY-ALERT, STAY-ALIVE." My Drill Sergeant taught me that. I'm still around. Coincidence? I think NOT!!!

Old 04-07-2005, 03:33 PM
4th Gear

maybe if they had an audi it wouldnt have happened

Old 04-07-2005, 03:39 PM
2nd Gear

where this happened is just outside of portland or. it is a very steep hill and they are not used to such huge amounts of snow at the same time. it was definatly funny. no one down here knows how to drive. i wish i was still in canada

Quick Reply: This would SUCK