Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Word to yo' moms.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 08:22 PM
5th Gear

Yup, always had the black one. Bought it the day Obama was inaugurated--black cars for black Presidents...

Old 05-13-2010, 08:45 PM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by CCA4
turns out Jazz and Kriptonik are gay together, not much else goin on though..

BWAHAHAHA
Look!

There was JUST THE ONE Euro-kiss, THAT WAS IT!!!

Let... It... Go!!!

Not ghey! just "friends" OK!

Old 05-13-2010, 09:40 PM
Tech Guru

what's wrong with the car? or why do you not like it anymore?

would you sell it to a friend or is it "trash"

Old 05-13-2010, 11:49 PM
4th Gear

There's nothing really "wrong" with it... engine runs fine, clutch is good, I've fixed almost all of the cosmetic issues it had when I bought it. All it really needs in that dept is new interior door cards (previous ownef effed them up, vinyl is peeling), and the tint on the rear windows is home-brew and should be re-done professionally. Passenger side rear window doesn't roll down, and it sounds an awful lot like it needs new sway bar end links. Other than that it's solid, and a nice enough car for what it is.

Honestly, I just don't like it. Number one, it's twenty years old, and that brings a lot of little things that bug me, mostly interior materials, fit, and styling. The interior is gray, and it feels cheap and plasticky and clunky. The buttons are all really clicky or mushy, like they were designed for a drunk with MS wearing mittens. It beeps about EVERYTHING. I think they used the same plastic for the dashboard that they use for Rubbermaid containers. The center arm rests for the front seats are *attached* to the seats, and to move them up or down, you have to push a button on the end of the arm rest, and when it's down you can't reach the seat belt, so if you're like me and you like to have an arm rest for your shifting arm, you have to deal with that awkward-to-reach button every time you get in and out of the car.

I know it's a "BMW thing", but I really hate that the hood opens backward. I mean really, there is NO benefit to that, and as a matter of fact, it makes it a BIGGER pain in the *** to work on anything. The shifter feels like an iron rod embedded in a block of granite, and when you close a door with its window rolled down, no matter how gently you do it, the glass rattles around inside the door and makes a very unsettling noise. Also, I just can't get myself to actually really like the look of the car from outside, either. It just isn't pretty, at all.

Plus, Bimmerforums sucks, or at least the E34 section is filled with douchebags. I have a feeling though, it's probably not just the E34 section. After all, you know the difference between a BMW and a porcupine, right? (no offense, kolbs) And it bugs me that they spell it "bimmer". I mean, I realize native German speakers have a different idea of phonics than native English speakers, and so maybe in German phonics, for all I know "bimmer" is correct. But it's pronounced BEEMER, and the forum is in English, so why the hell don't they spell it Beemer???

I bought it because it was in my price range, it was black, and it was a 5-speed. Apart from that, I have a few friends who have older BMWs, and they always seemed pretty alright so I figured it would do. I didn't like it right away, but I figured I would get used to it. After all, it really isn't necessarily a bad car.

But I hate it, and I can't wait to get back in an Audi. And I'm going to do it right this time 'round; B5 S4 or bust!

Last edited by MrFlippant; 05-14-2010 at 12:01 AM.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:38 AM
5th Gear

None taken

The E46 guys seem to be pretty cool. Most have the budget of your average B5 S4 driver on the 'Zine (a **** ton), but they're alright.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:41 AM
5th Gear

BMW car is a bimmer, BMW motorcycle is a beemer. Wrap your head around that.

Your account of the drunk ride was a surprise. It started with a pic, and went to "i was drunk" and I went 'ahhhh, been there', but then it turns out you weren't even driving. sucks dood. At least you walked away.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:45 AM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

was this your attempt at a convertible diy?

Originally Posted by MrFlippant
This happened:

Old 05-14-2010, 09:08 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by MrFlippant
The buttons are all really clicky or mushy, like they were designed for a drunk with MS wearing mittens.
I lol'd

Old 05-14-2010, 09:46 AM
Senior Administrator

*I e-Luv the "multi-quote" function, BTW!
Originally Posted by achTTung
BMW car is a bimmer, BMW motorcycle is a beemer. Wrap your head around that.
In CHERRmuny, all of the native CHERRmunn spekerzz, when they wanna refer to a BMW usually call it an "Bee-emm-vHey," FWIW. Car OR Cycle or Bike (BMW makes, or re-brands, I forget which, bicycles, too).

Originally Posted by S4sweetee
was this your attempt at a convertible diy?
The next time I drink milk, I will symbolically blow it out my nose, in honor of what would have happened, had I been drinking milk when I read this

Old 05-14-2010, 10:10 AM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

^ you should always drink milk when you read my posts.
and if you wanna really get jiggy.....try a carbonated beverage!

Quick Reply: Word to yo' moms.