Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

women suck

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 07:02 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: women suck

They all suck. It's finding the one's that swallow that is the challenge

Old 05-30-2006, 07:07 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

Dont be weak man. Marriage is supposed to be forever. Once you are married, you are supposed to make things work no matter what. Its hard work, and may sometimes seem impossible, but once/if you work it out-it just makes your marriage/relationship 10x stronger which is SO rewarding... It makes you stronger as an individual and more prepared to handle stressful situations in life in general. There is only one excuse for divorce in my mind and that is cheating. Of course women are difficult and dont make ANY sense some of the time, thats the nature of the beast, and if you didnt know about that you shouldnt have gotten married in the first place. Maybe you were just drunk and talkin ****, but you should have more respect for the bind you have with your wife and not stoop to letting alchohol affect your determination in having a successful marriage. Sometimes women JUST DONT GET IT... Sometimes they are completely closed minded, sometimes they just dont make ANY sense AT ALL... Thats just how they are. Realizing/accepting that doesnt mean you are whipped or that you are losing arguments... It just means that you understand, and that is enough for you to let a dispute slide by which you may never prove your point on, or show her you are right. Eventually just knowing in your own mind that you are right, and that she just doesnt get it is enough for you to not worry about it and move on. Just because you humor your wife doesnt mean she is right, or that you have taken a blow to your pride.... Its called a sacrifice... You are sacrificing a petty argument for the sake of something MUCH larger and rewarding-a marriage/family... And trust me, all women are this way... I hate to say it, but this side of women is shown mostly once a month for a few days-if you know what i mean. They are unreasonable, irritable, and have a major lack of understanding for what is logical. Its the nature of the beast buddy.... Eventually it wont even phase you and will be just a part of life and youll adapt to it so that you wont resort to booze and asking about local ***** in your area who want to "hang out." If you think that making sacrifices to have a healthy married life/family means that you are kept on a short leash, you/others are dead wrong. You just have to sometimes let her think that she is right, and knowing in your mind that YOU are right is enough to keep your sanity (depending on the situation.) Most of the time its stupid petty arguments where you wont be satisfied until you see that she sees your point and says "OHHH OK!." Its an issue of pride and who is right and who is wrong and making sure everyone knows exactly who was right, and why, and how, and etc. Its just not worth it sometimes. Of course i dont know the specifics of your situation, but in any situation, all it takes is a little sacrifice and a lot of hard work to make your future together low maintnance and reliable which leads to a happy very functional marriage/family which leads to smart healthy minded off spring which leads to a better society for tommorrow.. So do your job as a responsible citizen of this society and make your marriage work so that when we are all retired, this world is of some quality and not run by the majority of the sleeze ball kids that are the result of disfuntional families that we see a lot in todays society. Get it? By sacrificing stupid **** in your marriage, you are ultimately making yourself and this world a better thing. Woah.... Is that called a "rant"?

Not trying to be a marriage counselor, but I have learned a thing er 2 from watching my parents failed marriage and being 2 years into my own so far successful marriage. I dont know how long youve been married, but the first year is pretty tough...
And I didnt type all that just to flame on you Dan... My time is more valuble than that.. Im just trying to help.

very nice...

Old 05-30-2006, 09:49 PM
5th Gear

Well in reply to onepoint8tee's post... I agree with some of what was said, but not all.
I do agree that marriage is about compromise, and yes, sometimes sacrafice... but it's finding somebody where you are doing more compromising, and less sacraficing. You sacrafice too much -- even if it is a lot of little things -- and you realize that hey, maybe you shouldn't be with that person. I'm not saying a marriage should ever be finished over little stuff, but I think we can give Dan the benefit of the doubt on this one -- that this isn't him wanting divorce because she wouldn't go see X-men 3 with him.
I also think that there are plenty of reasons other than infidelity that would call for divorce, I think if you think about it, you can come up with many more of your own. Some are obvious... take abuse, for example. Others are less obvious... but imagine a situation where someone is manipulated, or marries for reasons other than there own (it happens!) -- and then one day realizes that they want more out of life, and they aren't going to live with the mistake for the rest of their life -- promise to God, or not.

I could say a whole lot more, but I wont. It shouldn't be that surprising when somebody wants a divorce... something like 50% of marriages end in it. That being said, I do agree in that marriage is often taken TOO lightly, and many of those 50% throw in the towel too soon... but like I said, out of respect for Dan... lets assume that he is justified.

Best of luck man, going out for a fun night is a good way to blow off steam sometimes, but don't make a habit of it. Easy to find yourself in a bad cycle... self-medicating is not recommended.

Old 05-30-2006, 10:50 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: headshok2002

Well in reply to onepoint8tee's post... I agree with some of what was said, but not all.
I do agree that marriage is about compromise, and yes, sometimes sacrafice... but it's finding somebody where you are doing more compromising, and less sacraficing. You sacrafice too much -- even if it is a lot of little things -- and you realize that hey, maybe you shouldn't be with that person. I'm not saying a marriage should ever be finished over little stuff, but I think we can give Dan the benefit of the doubt on this one -- that this isn't him wanting divorce because she wouldn't go see X-men 3 with him.
I also think that there are plenty of reasons other than infidelity that would call for divorce, I think if you think about it, you can come up with many more of your own. Some are obvious... take abuse, for example. Others are less obvious... but imagine a situation where someone is manipulated, or marries for reasons other than there own (it happens!) -- and then one day realizes that they want more out of life, and they aren't going to live with the mistake for the rest of their life -- promise to God, or not.

I could say a whole lot more, but I wont. It shouldn't be that surprising when somebody wants a divorce... something like 50% of marriages end in it. That being said, I do agree in that marriage is often taken TOO lightly, and many of those 50% throw in the towel too soon... but like I said, out of respect for Dan... lets assume that he is justified.

Best of luck man, going out for a fun night is a good way to blow off steam sometimes, but don't make a habit of it. Easy to find yourself in a bad cycle... self-medicating is not recommended.
Yeah... Totaly agree... There is a point where you have to draw the line if you have exhuasted all avenues of resolution. I never meant to imply to sacrifice a lot/all things or to alter yourself to the point where you arent yourself anymore just to please your wife. Im talking about the stupid stuff that happens every so often that turns into issues of pride and triggers chain reaction negativity.... Petty stuff which im sure is what its about or else he wouldnt have posted about it on a public forums. You always have to do whats best for yourself, and keep your indiviualality, but there are sacrifices/compromises that need to be made to co-exist with someone else in any scenario on both ends. Im not saying to let her kick you in the *****, and be ok with that just because you are married and think thats part of life.. it isnt and thats not how i meant to get my point accross on the above post. Everyone in a successful marriage makes minor and some major sacrifices and compromises, if you dont, it wont last. Most things can be worked out if both parties are willing to come to a mutual understanding, and accomplish it... Dealing with cheating isnt that easy.

Old 05-30-2006, 11:01 PM
5th Gear

Yeah I definately understood what you were saying... but then again, sometimes people have been cheated on, and they are able to forgive, and move on... and lead happy lives together. Everybody makes mistakes, afterall... I don't think I could handle being cheated on, but then again, who knows. My philosophy is to not even really try to make claims or estimates of my behaviour in the future... becuase you know, if I was crazy in love, and she cheated on me... I'd be hurt, obviously... but it would depend on many, many things. Maybe somehow I could be convinced that it was a one time spontanious mistake, and I would be willing to forgive, rather than throw away a life with somebody I loved. A man who hits his wife could be taught the error of his ways, and learn to love, honour, and respect his wife. I guess what I'm saying is that anything can (and sometimes does) happen... but people need to guage what they are risking by staying, and what they are risking by leaving. To leave, it could be a mistake... who knows, maybe that person was capable of becoming the person that you always wanted... to stay, you risk time... maybe you end up leaving 5 years later, and those 5 years are years wasted, had you only followed your instinct when you first came to the realization that you wanted out. Some people stay married for the wrong reasons, some people leave for the wrong reasons. Life is complicated, and people don't always do what is right for themselves or each other... but I guess we all just have to try and do what we feel is best... I guess I'm a bit of a utilitarian. :P
As for sacrafice and compromise... yes, again, totally agree... Sometimes it feels good to compromise, because you can remind yourself of how much you love that person, and that you'd do anything for her -- be happy that you've found somebody WORTH sacraficing for... ya know?

Old 05-30-2006, 11:19 PM
4th Gear

I know I wouldn't put up with being cheated on. If you did, then you would just be green lighting the next time. A certain type of person/personality can rationalize that cheating is ok or will work out or something. I don't want to have a relationship with that type of person. It's not about "anybody can make a mistake". The same people are making the same mistakes all the time. You just don't want to end up with one of them.

Old 05-31-2006, 12:10 AM
5th Gear

Yeah, like I said... I don't think I could deal with it, either... but I know some people have dealt with it, and I was trying to offer an explanation as to how they might have rationalized the decision... there's got to be more to it than them being pushovers. I was also trying to demonstrate that you often dont know how you'll act until you find yourself in that situation... some people are 100% anti-divorce until it's them having been cheated on, or abused... and then suddenly divorce is okay. :P

Old 05-31-2006, 01:07 AM
3rd Gear

Marriage these days is thrown around like crap. Everyone gets married and it's really cute for a little while and then they throw it all away. Don't get married unless your 100 percent that your going to make it work. People getting married left and right over and over again. Not sure what the point is? I've been with my g/f for 4 years now and have not had a single fight. If you truely love someone and I mean TRUELY love someone, there should be no problems and marriage would be a blessing and not a symbol to throw around here and there. I'm sorry if I sound like a dick but I think people have the whole reason of marriage wrong. If I have to see one more wedding for someone that is getting married for the second, third, fourth time and they are having the traditional wedding and the woman is wearing the bright white dress, I'm going to go crazy. It's just a status symbol anymore that is cool. How many of our grandparents are divorced? Not many because back then people were raised with morals. Sure, they had plenty of problems but the love between them was true and they would do anything to be with each other through everything.

Old 05-31-2006, 01:15 AM
dan
2nd Gear

hahahhah petty stuff eh? No, not so much. As far as posting it on a public forum, do you see any details? No. I was more than half a bottle of vodka down and at least 8 beers.

I ranted, sue me.

<unsubscribed from this thread now> speculate all you like, there will be no actual details forethcoming