Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Women Are Expensive

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by CCA4
I think H3's are kinda cool. A very capable off-road vehicle without being overly massive like the H1 and H2 are. I even found one with a 5-speed manual once
Off-road is horrible IMO. I used to off road a lot a couple years back. H3 owners = don't want to scratch it... Or they think their truck is the **** and it's not. I can count at least 3 times we had to pull out a H3. 4 times if you count one truck we pulled twice... They don't have the set up an H1 does. I've seen some H2s that I like that are decked out but for the price your just throwing away money.

Old 02-22-2010, 05:11 PM
2nd Gear

Wow, thanks for stereo typing and bashing me with the comments.

1. We do off road, I have an older 92 Bravada (which is for sale) with a suspension lift.
2. We don't want an H3 because we can't afford the H2.

I actually suggested the H3, because I like the looks and the interior was roomy. My wife previously drove a Trailblazer that got totaled right before we got married. She like's SUV's but she's young and she didn't want to look like a MOM. So I suggested the H3. Actually I showed her this:

That pretty much lead to the interest. And it's my cash to spend. Not like I bought one with a car note.

A friend of mine bought an H3t Alpha that is very capable off road (minus he did add a suspension lift). I guess I'll find out this summer, because it will most likely be the car we take on my next cross country trip.

The Audi is a great car, but I'm a climber/camper/kayaker/backpacker and well, it's not 100% suited.

Old 02-22-2010, 06:56 PM
Senior Administrator

Justifying your purchase = Quintuuuuuuuuuuple-WHIPPPPPPPPPPPED!1!111!one!!one!

Old 02-22-2010, 07:01 PM
6th Gear

I'm just joking with you on the whipped thing. Personally I don't like the H3, I have always been of the opinion that Hummer needed to stick to the H1 only as a civilian vehicle and diversify it's line by creating expedition vehicles instead of trying to flood the market with SUV's that a consumer would want because of the brand name.

I've never driven an H2 or H3, bu based of 90% of the people I see drving them, I started to dislike Hummer for soiling their brand name with these, what I deemed lesser vehicles. I know they are capable off roaders, tow-rigs, etc. But they have always left a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm a very brand oriented person and I don't like my specialty brands trying to diversify where they shouldn't. What Hummer did with the release of the H2 and H3 in my eyes is akin to what Red Bull would do if they suddenly decided to release another line of Energy drink that isn't as premium under a different name but the same parent company. I feel as the H2 and the H3 were Hummers hope of revitalizing a civilian line and they failed, they got ahead of themselves and I personally believe, as I have stated, soiled the brand name for me.

ex. there is a black H3 around campus that has PINK fender flares and lower molding. Last year I counted way to many H2's lifted 8in or so with 26" wheels and low profile tires and chrome everything from brush guards to Tail guards and even one with a Chrome Hi-jack lift.

In contrast I have yet to see in person an H1 that has not been used or at least looks like it could be used as it was originally intended.

/ rant on my perceived misbranding of Hummer.

all thoughts above are made by a college kid and should be taken as such.

Old 02-22-2010, 07:53 PM
4th Gear

I hope you got a hummer for that Hummer.

Old 02-22-2010, 10:58 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by CAB509
I'm just joking with you on the whipped thing..
Those comments I didn't mind, it was the insults outside of the fact that woman are freaking expensive. Which we can all agree. Pu$$y cost money.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:06 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by CAB509
I'm just joking with you on the whipped thing. Personally I don't like the H3, I have always been of the opinion that Hummer needed to stick to the H1 only as a civilian vehicle and diversify it's line by creating expedition vehicles instead of trying to flood the market with SUV's that a consumer would want because of the brand name.

I've never driven an H2 or H3, bu based of 90% of the people I see drving them, I started to dislike Hummer for soiling their brand name with these, what I deemed lesser vehicles. I know they are capable off roaders, tow-rigs, etc. But they have always left a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm a very brand oriented person and I don't like my specialty brands trying to diversify where they shouldn't. What Hummer did with the release of the H2 and H3 in my eyes is akin to what Red Bull would do if they suddenly decided to release another line of Energy drink that isn't as premium under a different name but the same parent company. I feel as the H2 and the H3 were Hummers hope of revitalizing a civilian line and they failed, they got ahead of themselves and I personally believe, as I have stated, soiled the brand name for me.

ex. there is a black H3 around campus that has PINK fender flares and lower molding. Last year I counted way to many H2's lifted 8in or so with 26" wheels and low profile tires and chrome everything from brush guards to Tail guards and even one with a Chrome Hi-jack lift.

In contrast I have yet to see in person an H1 that has not been used or at least looks like it could be used as it was originally intended.

/ rant on my perceived misbranding of Hummer.

all thoughts above are made by a college kid and should be taken as such.
While you could buy a civilian h1 it was never an affordable vehicle for civi's. The things based over 100K. It's always been an military use vehicle. It was a hold over from AM General which came from American Motors.

What happened here is the GM bought out the brand from AM General and of course has since sold it to some Chinese company.

So really, what GM did was just create a whole new car line after Hummer. It's like trying to spin off a TV series on a good movie that didn't quite work out so well.

It worked for a brief period when gas prices where low, but the H2 really became the icon of gas guzzling ridiculousness. Especially when rims that spin are involved.

That said, personally I think GM should of started with the H3, smaller size, but still large, it's sorta like the Jeep Commander, and worked out from there while focusing on using the Hummer brand but trying to compete more with Jeep.

After all, Jeep and Hummer share the same grill because they both came from American Motors.

But GM doesn't know how to manage things.

But expedition vehicles? Who would that appeal to? A Very small market segment. Tons of yuppies lined up to buy Hummers in mass. And tons of yuppies by Jeeps that cost 38K with no windows every year. So it was free money for GM while it lasted. But a little late to the game.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:20 PM
3rd Gear

Seriously you think they're more roomier than an Audi. By little. Those things are the most useless, bulkiest things evar. (when you're talking about practicability) If you want it because it looks cool and the I5 (if that's what you got) is an economical engine, then props to you. But I wouldn't say the the most useful truck on the road.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:33 PM
Administrator

mikekey - Don't take what we say too seriously! I think some of us are just voicing our opinions and what they think of stereotypical Hummer drivers. We never said you were one.

They do look different and nice when it's lifted but would I personally get one? Probably not as it really doesn't fit my style but it's your car and you like it, that's all it matters.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:44 PM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by kriptonik
it's your car and you like it, that's all it matters.
+1,000,000

And, EFF the rest of them. *I* nevR said you were whipped. OH, i typed it, sure, but I never SAID it out loud! Not ONCE!!!

Last edited by AWDaholic; 02-22-2010 at 11:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Women Are Expensive