Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

why you shouldn't street race

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 09:28 PM
1st Gear
Old 03-10-2008, 09:36 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: why you shouldn't street race

moved to OT

Old 03-11-2008, 12:22 AM
1st Gear

hahaha thats awesome. Way to go police

Old 03-11-2008, 04:16 PM
3rd Gear

awesome cobra

Old 03-11-2008, 04:28 PM
2nd Gear

Haha. Owned! Screw that. Imagine if a freakin R8 puller up next you then, you decided to test your new ko4's and got pulled over by the SAME R8. Lol. Terrified of speeding for the rest of your life!

Old 03-11-2008, 07:11 PM
3rd Gear

thats badass

Old 03-11-2008, 07:12 PM
1st Gear

I'm impressed they're using a Cobra with a manual trans. Most of the pursuit cars I've seen have been automatics. (those mustangs and camaros the cops used to use)

Good thing they stopped short of showing viewers what the two "disguised" cop cars look like.

Old 03-12-2008, 08:20 AM
1st Gear

I"m on the fence here.
Give cops fast cars street racers get faster to run from them.
And now we have people in really fast cars trying to outrun really fast cars.
Trust me when your baby is on the line and it comes down to lose your ride or drive the h*ll out of it. They are going to run.
The number of high speed chases that end in bad wrecks is just too high I think.

Old 03-12-2008, 11:41 AM
3rd Gear

This is going to lead to dead officers and dead teenagers IMO

Old 03-12-2008, 01:36 PM
2nd Gear

I was unable to view the newscast, but from what I've read in this thread it sounds like the police department in Charlotte, NC is using Ford Mustang Cobras to hunt speeders and street racers.

While initially this sounds like a good idea to common-folk because we are "equipping" officers with the means to crack down on this sort of "crime", it is a horrible idea.

I agree with HP Addict that it will lead to more crashes, casualties, and deaths. How much experience does it take to be a street racing cop anyway? What type of special training do they have? Are these street racing cops prepared to risk their lives? Risk crashing their own car and injuring others? Is our society so caught up in the "chase" that we have lost common sense, or should we continue to push the limit with apprehending these people?

Let us dwell further. What happened to undercover cops? Is it more logical toimplant someone into the street racing scene make connections and call it in, or to "empower" our police force with just as dangerous equipment with just as much of a chance to crash, kill, or die themselves?

Maybe the Street Racing section of the Charlotte Police Department could coordinate with DoT, EMTs, ATF, FBI, CIA, or whoever to establish some sort of organized (safe as safe can be) street racing program. This Street Racing Program (SRP) could be used to raise money!

They could use already installed street cameras to keep those who want to view the race informed. Individuals could pay a fee for this. This way viewers to stay in a safe location, but still see all the angles and corners of the track.

Gambling! There could even be gambling like the horse track. The local government could take a percentage of the wagers/earnings to create an income! Man, this is great I tell you! I mean, street racers will be street racers, so why don't the law enforcement agencies and racers unite and compromise!?

Why can't anyone work together to achieve similar goals?

Excuse me while I pee.

Quick Reply: why you shouldn't street race