Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Why I needed a ride home! (ranty?)

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 03:11 AM
Default RE: Why I needed a ride home! (ranty?)

nice, so here's my how to get your audi out of the snow after you get it stuck DIY:

you'll need 25' of 1" braided nylon rope (from west marine 36$(gold/white and red))-yes the color is very important! haha(10,000Lb. breaking strength)
Snow chains (from kragen 108.36$) dont buy the shltty ones! (cables are no good, needs to be crossed chain)
Borrow a friends 4wd pick-up (I used my dads ford F-150 FX4(factory lift and bigger wheels))

Alright, find the audi you lost in the snow, put the chains on before entering snow(we got the truck stuck too(haha))...now that you have found the car and have the chains on, you are on a one lane road, with a cliff to the lef(but don't worry, you are in a forest , so there are plenty of trees to break your fall), and both vehicles are facing uphill, there is no way to turn around without backing downhill through the twisties on snow!
So I tied the butt of the audi to the front hook on the truck, and first we attemped to just use the truck, well, the audi didn't budge!, so now i'm in the audi redlinning in reverse, while dad is in the truck redlinning in reverse, we break free!, and as he starts slidding toward the mountain side, I start to go off the side!, now i'm stuck again, we re-tied differently and pulled from a different angle and straightened out for a second and then the truck starts for the side!, well we straighten out and re-tie and we finally get with the program and start to move okay, It feels like the audi is gonna be fine on it's own so we untie and dad keeps on backing up and I am following, when he makes it to pavement he stops! and I am kinda movin (prolly ten+ miles per hour, on ice) so i hit my breaks and start slidding!, I yank the wheel so that the car will hit the side of the hill instead of the truck while my foot is still planted on my pulsating(annoying to say the least)break, and instead of hitting the mountain (like planned, rather hit a mountain than a car, maybe this only makes sense to me) well the car pulls a complete 180 and i stop no more than a foot away from the trucks front bumper....dad told me to stop fooling around...He's used to my retarded driving, and I think he expected me to crash into him (wierdo!)....
so we turned the truck around(dropped the chains) and I lead the 68 mile drive home through the canyons! dad tailgated the whole way home!(and those stupid lifted trucks!!!!!!(no offense to anyone)) but those damn headlights perfectly line up with my rear view and when you add tailgating and canyons! (well we survived!(and so far the "hike" has turned into 50 miles, and there were people with guns everywhere and it was 12 degrees outside!!!!))
oh and another thing to add to the materials list is 4 hours of free time, left at 4pm and got home at 8pm
I didn't get any pb&j's, but I am going to have to pick them up a couple presents, It's the least I could do, I tried to pay them 60$ for gas and they said "oh no!, we can't take that, you're gonna have one hellova tow bill, it's the least we could do" (aren't they nice!, well the DIY costs 144.36$, and the closest tow service would be out of redding, which would be 70+ miles, just to get out there!(I wonder what that bill would be like?, though I do have AAA))
My audi is home safe and sound!!!
p.s.- Dont try to cut dock line with a lighter, it melts and becomes a part of your hand!

Old 02-04-2007, 04:54 AM
Zombie Defense Force

your missing one important item...some beer...if your 21

Old 02-04-2007, 06:02 AM

If I was old enough to go to the bar, how the hell would I get my car stuck in the middle of a national forest....hahaha, When I go down to L.A. I can get into any bar w/o ID, but up here in nowhereland 2, everyone kinda knows everyone else, and I am an unfamiliarity....So I am forced to buy beer at costco and drink w the neighbors!

but I seriously am working on the whole 21 thing up here...my fake was stolen by a bouncer guy...It was rediculous, because he let the girls in and I was the one who got their ID's as well...and it was an extremely nice fake...it had my pic all my info except the wrong birth year and the hologram was right on the money, he bent it and peeled the corner!

So, I am now "here" and until I make it back down to L.A. to pick up another, I am 20

Old 02-04-2007, 06:59 AM
5th Gear

you should have taken some pix

Old 02-04-2007, 08:41 PM

I know! I just wanted my car back, plus i think my dad would go crazy if we drove through an hour of canyons, and i bust out with my digi ant taking pics as it gets dark...I have pics of my car in the snow, it's just not stuck... taken with cell on christmas....

[IMG]local://upfiles/27661/78343DDE7AD043DCA751604DC64F2B8C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-05-2007, 04:12 AM
18T
4th Gear

theres nothing like eating after starvation and being deprived of hope for a little bit.

Old 02-05-2007, 03:56 PM
2nd Gear

Reminds me of a time when I went fishing with the out-laws on the St. Croix river in Wisc. Water was down, but made out pretty well until it was time to go home, just as the sun was getting low. Got stuck about twenty times since we couldn'tsee how deep it wasand spent a good two and a half hours walking the boat upstream, dragging itover sandbars, trying shortcuts that went no where. By the time we got back to the launch, it was 10:30 at night and we were all exhausted. It was one of those situations where you really start wondering if you will make it through the night.

Old 02-05-2007, 06:27 PM
1st Gear

Used to live outside of Redding. Pretty country.

Old 02-05-2007, 07:11 PM
2nd Gear

what an ordeal, good thing everyone and the car are ok

Old 02-06-2007, 12:19 AM

^+1

Quick Reply: Why I needed a ride home! (ranty?)