Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Why I bought an Audi

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 03:08 AM
Senior Administrator
Default RE: Why I bought an Audi

ORIGINAL: PandaXpress

ORIGINAL: flyboy

In other words, leave yourself an out. don't go out driving with no other options than to crash.
im not saying that, i just saying dont rely on it to much
if you overdrive your tires your gonna hit somethjing. don't go jumping in with BOTH feet. Work up, and into, it. having AWD (speaking from years of experience) can give you a false sense of invincibility. which can cause you to hang your OWN @$$ OUT!

discover your limits gently, not all at once.

Old 03-01-2006, 03:14 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

DON'T go cheap on your rubber... UHPAS in the winter (or, year round if you can't afford summer/winter swaps), MP, or better, in the summer.

UHPAS = Ultra High Performance All-Season
MP = Maximum Performance

*I* bought mine because there was this guy in an A8 who useta just plain WALK AWAY from me on the A67, back in Germany (just a l'il north of Mannheim), on a regular basis. I sported a Turbo Calibra (Opel, or, Vauxhall if you're Toff), which was a pretty good car to battle with in "roll-on" races. Until that guy in his A8, that is. 6-7 encounters, NOT ONCE did I overtake him[:@]

Vowed I'd own one, someday. Now I do. Too bad there aren't any Turbo Calibra's on THIS side of the ocean for me to humiliate[:@][:@]

Oh, the Calibra was a AWD sport-hatch, in case you're not familiar. 2.0L, DOHC, 16V, 6-ganger, AllRad (oops, sorry, 6-speed, AWD) 205ps, 215tq, weighed in atta bouta ton, top speed (from PERSONAL experience) 280-290Kph... And I STILL cudn't catch that phugkin Audi.

If ya can't beat 'em, join 'em...
thats crazy Jazz, damn u been around the world huh

u kno the reason i loved AUDI was this
my best friend was a BMW guy and he had a E36 328 and i was like damn i need to get a german car to take him on, i was thinking about a W202 C-Class but i was like if i want make it fast it would cost to much so i looked in to AUDI, i think if my friend didnt own a BMW i would of been a die hard BMW guy but thank god i fell in love with AUDI, someday im gonna buy me a new S6 someday

Old 03-01-2006, 03:27 AM
Site Moderator/Ninja

Lots of great input.. Yeah i agree w/ AWDaholic - the tires were also a big part in it all..
I've got Toyos on that are stickier than tar... and I get what u mean now Panda.. thats just it.. I wasnt pushing it so hard
but it was that i was able to drive w/ a level of comfort, confidence, and control like I've never experienced before...
I totally agree w/ AWDaholic - discover your limits gently.

I was such a bmw fan (still am) but what made me choose an audi was ultimately just how rare they are (in my experience)
I can look down 3 space in my Apt parking lot & see 3 series - but noone else in the whole complex has an audi.. ahhhhhhhh [sm=yeahsmile.gif]

oh and the 2.7 v6 biturbo didnt hurt either

Old 03-01-2006, 03:29 AM
Administrator

i know that was another thing that drew me into audi, not alot of people have them, i wonder is that a good thing or a bad thing

Old 03-01-2006, 03:33 AM
2nd Gear

Quattro's great... It's no where near as effective with bad tires though. I have Toyo Proxies, but they're bald... So I've had quite a few scary encounters lately. No worries though, I'm about to order some Kumho MXs. My favorite tire.

Old 03-01-2006, 03:53 AM
Site Moderator/Ninja

i know that was another thing that drew me into audi, not alot of people have them, i wonder is that a good thing or a bad thing
hmm I really enjoy the fact that not alot of people have them. Kind of like were in our own little club.

Old 03-01-2006, 04:03 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: Turbo i3uddha

hmm I really enjoy the fact that not alot of people have them. Kind of like were in our own little club.

its nice but me and my friends have a nice lil car group but it sucks to be the slowest car

Old 03-01-2006, 04:53 AM
Site Moderator/Ninja

sure but one of the cleanest looking I bet...
what kind of cars are in ur group Panda?

Old 03-01-2006, 04:55 AM
Administrator

a E36 M3 and a W202 C-Class both white and hooked up
the C-Class is somewhat untouch able when it comes to speed
and then theres my car thats stock now[&o]

Old 03-01-2006, 05:00 AM
Site Moderator/Ninja

[sm=bling.gif]
WOW - youre rolling w/ big dogs... I thought u were gonna say "weve got a few nice integras & Eclipses etc"
but youre car is really clean and nice, I mean how many times have u been nom'd for ROTM? like a gazillion?

Quick Reply: Why I bought an Audi