Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Why I bought an Audi

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 02:21 AM
Site Moderator/Ninja
Default Why I bought an Audi

Well, last night was the first time I drove my car in the rain.. (in case your not in southern california, the rainstorm were having here is major news on every channel ) and I was more than a little surprised. Lets just say I was in Anaheim on the 57 north and knew something was different when I got to the 55/91e and thought to myself "why the heck is every 1 driving sooo slooooow"
and then I realized I was doing 85 in the fast lane pasing every 1 up..

Quattro is the greatest. I would hit puddles and I wouldnt even feel the steering wheel shake a lil bit, such a big difference from my old bucket i used to have. Even with the wet freeway, the car felt like it was glued to the ground... I know everyone else is probably used to it by now, but it was such a pleasure to drive. [sm=lol.gif]

Old 03-01-2006, 02:30 AM
Administrator
Default RE: Why I bought an Audi

yea Quattro is the shiet, i was driving this morning at 5am and it was raining kinda hard and my car was planted but you still shouldnt rely on quattro that much

Old 03-01-2006, 02:49 AM
Site Moderator/Ninja

[&:] hmm. interesting.. like how do you mean? dont rely on it too much?
oh - it still looks clear for Sun the storm supposed hit Thurs & fri, no sign of rain on Sun though Weeeewhooooo!

Old 03-01-2006, 02:50 AM
Administrator

i say dont rely on quattro its like a false sense of secerity, its not fool proof but its great though

Old 03-01-2006, 02:53 AM
4th Gear

In other words, leave yourself an out. don't go out driving with no other options than to crash.

Old 03-01-2006, 02:55 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: flyboy

In other words, leave yourself an out. don't go out driving with no other options than to crash.
im not saying that, i just saying dont rely on it to much

Old 03-01-2006, 02:57 AM
4th Gear

I guess I just don't get what your saying. I mean either the car is under controle or its not. with or without quatro. Now quattro gives you some perks taht you don't get with regular (ordinary) cars but It still comes down to pushing it to far...

Old 03-01-2006, 03:00 AM
Administrator

its like living in a neighberhood u think is safe and never locking ur doors

Old 03-01-2006, 03:04 AM
4th Gear

I'm kinda getting it, Keep up the analigese and it might hit me.

Old 03-01-2006, 03:04 AM
Senior Administrator

DON'T go cheap on your rubber... UHPAS in the winter (or, year round if you can't afford summer/winter swaps), MP, or better, in the summer.

UHPAS = Ultra High Performance All-Season
MP = Maximum Performance

*I* bought mine because there was this guy in an A8 who useta just plain WALK AWAY from me on the A67, back in Germany (just a l'il north of Mannheim), on a regular basis. I sported a Turbo Calibra (Opel, or, Vauxhall if you're Toff), which was a pretty good car to battle with in "roll-on" races. Until that guy in his A8, that is. 6-7 encounters, NOT ONCE did I overtake him[:@]

Vowed I'd own one, someday. Now I do. Too bad there aren't any Turbo Calibra's on THIS side of the ocean for me to humiliate[:@][:@]

Oh, the Calibra was a AWD sport-hatch, in case you're not familiar. 2.0L, DOHC, 16V, 6-ganger, AllRad (oops, sorry, 6-speed, AWD) 205ps, 215tq, weighed in atta bouta ton, top speed (from PERSONAL experience) 280-290Kph... And I STILL cudn't catch that phugkin Audi.

If ya can't beat 'em, join 'em...

Quick Reply: Why I bought an Audi