Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

WHY!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 01:21 PM
3rd Gear
Default WHY!!!!!!

Well, last night my trusty CEL came back on. This has been the longest that it was off. 3 months. I don't even want to get the codes read this time. I'm just going to live with it. Why is it exceptable that our cars are always having problems? They are luxury vehicles and are supposed to be high in performance and quality. Is this not the case? I love my car but it's almost getting to be too much. The only other car that I have owned that had this much trouble was my VW. Why is this? We pay big money to buy them and big money to fix them. I just don't know what to do? I think I'm just going to live with it. I'm in the process of buying a house and just don't have the time or money to deal with this car. Sorry for the venting but I thought my Audi family would understand my pain in this time of need. I know it's off topic but it's the only way I could get as much support as possible.

Old 12-17-2006, 01:31 PM
Default RE: WHY!!!!!!

modern cars regardless of make have more issues because there are that many sensors so its not just Audi they all suffer the same problem just visit some other car sites and see the same questions there, its the price we pay for high tech what were the codes you got last time ( canister purge valve?? ) the most common problem

Old 12-17-2006, 01:35 PM
3rd Gear

The last code we pulled was for the purge valve. I haven't had them pulled again. I'll get them pulled tomorrow when it's getting the exhaust installed. I'm really just going to live with it. Just frustrating to deal with. I'm sure it's not a huge problem but money is money.

Old 12-17-2006, 02:02 PM

with money I have to agree but consider the condition of the piping before the valve change have you ever changed them??

Old 12-17-2006, 08:26 PM
3rd Gear

Well, my CEL was off this morning and hasn't come back on all day. Must have been a not so "big" problem? Mind boggling to me.