Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
ME!
88.24%
my mommy/daddy
2.94%
someone else (explain yourself)
8.82%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

who paid for you car?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 02:45 AM
Default RE: who paid for you car?

seems like no one wants to admit that their parents bought the car. ill tell you something i wish my parents bought me cars

Old 04-16-2005, 02:51 AM
5th Gear

Well my parents helped, no doubt, just not financially. I had been saving for school since I was 12, had an assload in dividend-paying stock... then, when I was 18, my parents were like "hahaha, you're school is pretty much paid for" -- I bought the corvette like, a month later. --- So wait, they did help me financially, just indirectly. Now, if they paid for my school, AND my car... sweet jeebus, my A4 would be the fastest around :P Take the 18K I spent on the car (cdn dollars, after tax) and dump that into mods... yeah... it'd be peppy.

I'm still waiting for one of my little stocks to triple... I have a good feeling about it! Then I'll be free as a bird, financially. Course school is still socially crippling. -- well, its sort of the opposite, but doesnt always feel that way, thanks to exams and what-not.

Old 04-16-2005, 02:56 AM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: David_K

seems like no one wants to admit that their parents bought the car. ill tell you something i wish my parents bought me cars
WERD!!! i'd have so much money saved up right now if i didn't have a disgusting passion for cars and bikes....

Old 04-16-2005, 03:00 AM
5th Gear

Haha, I have a passion for bikes as well, of the pedal variety though. Still, they are a couple grand each -- have 2 right now, one for road one for mountain.

I'd have a crotch rocket right now, if it werent for insurance -- they wanted more to insure a bike (that can only be used 7 months a year up here) than to insure my corvette. AAAAAND you have to insure the bike all year round... even though they know the bike will be stored 5 months a year. You can suspend coverage on a car over winter, but not a bike. UH HUH.

Plus, when you crash a bike bad enough to claim it on insurance -- there's probably nobody around to pay.

Old 04-16-2005, 03:01 AM
4th Gear

ugh. i'm feelin ya right now shokington. the exams are KILLING me. after 2morrow night... i'm seriously getting trashed... then studying for my last 2 exams.... for F*ck sake...

Old 04-16-2005, 03:05 AM
5th Gear

insurance on my gixxer was only 40 bucks a month...you just have to find an insurance company that isn't really familiar with motorcycles...i don't think they had any idea how fast that thing was.........can i get a moment of silence for my gixxer please............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .......[sm=sigh.gif], i'll miss you buddy....

Old 04-16-2005, 03:21 AM

all cars/bikes are put into class brackets. all insurance companies look at the same chart

Old 04-16-2005, 03:29 AM
5th Gear

well i don't know what happened then....but my insurance was only 40 bucks a month...and i think i had three speeding tickets on my record at the time....

Old 04-16-2005, 04:30 AM
3rd Gear

I paid for my first car, 97 jetta, then my grandparents said if i gave that my sister they would buy me an audi for my 18th, 19th 20, th and hs grad present, so yea the jetta was worth prolly 7k, and my audi was 11 so I paid for about 3/4 of it...btw my sister proceded to drive jenn (my jetta) into the back of a big yellow school bus full of kids that were older then here[:@]

Oh yea I pay for all mods and gas, and my parents pay my insurance

Old 04-16-2005, 05:18 AM
2nd Gear

i did

Quick Reply: who paid for you car?