Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

where the F*** is it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 06:45 PM
Senior Administrator
Default RE: where the F*** is it?

Useta ride my (Mountain) bike down to teh HauptWache & the Fussganger down by teh Alter Oper when I was stationed at V Corps (The old A.G Farber building down by teh Counsulate and Gruenberg Park... WHich, if you've never been, you've GOTTA take a day and do, in teh Summer time. Just try not to drool too much at all teh fat German chicks sunbathing NUDE in teh nude-sunbathing area of teh Park, OK?

Old 10-31-2005, 07:02 PM
1st Gear

Think i'll put that on my "to do list" of things for next summer... don't kno about the fat babes, but some drooling will be involved

Old 11-01-2005, 06:04 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

POST some pics of the close out, willya? I've got LOTS of memories tied up in Rhein-Main, Neu-Isenburg, Waldorf and Frankfurt a. M. Seems like by the time a get around to visiting Germany again there won't be NE American installations left... Is Wiesbaden AB still American, or is it converted to civilian use already? I useta be assigned to what was 21st Replacement Bn, a long, long time ago...
really not much to take pictures of. this place is dead. my crew launched out the last of the t-tails the last week of september. the west side of the flug between walldorf and kelsterbach has been stripped of all the trees and that will be where the a380 maintenance dock will be. supposed to hold 6 of them fully enclosed. weisbaden is actually going to get bigger in the next few years as heidelberg is moving the hq there. k-town and grafenweir (dont think i spelled that right, its the one down in bavaria near czech) are going to be the two major army installations with ramstein being the large en route for amc aircraft and spangdahlem is supposed to be an overflow for it but still no definate word on what will happen to the a10s and f16s yet only rumors of moving east.

Old 11-01-2005, 06:25 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: Cheese Eater

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

POST some pics of the close out, willya? I've got LOTS of memories tied up in Rhein-Main, Neu-Isenburg, Waldorf and Frankfurt a. M. Seems like by the time a get around to visiting Germany again there won't be NE American installations left... Is Wiesbaden AB still American, or is it converted to civilian use already? I useta be assigned to what was 21st Replacement Bn, a long, long time ago...
really not much to take pictures of. this place is dead. my crew launched out the last of the t-tails the last week of september. the west side of the flug between walldorf and kelsterbach has been stripped of all the trees and that will be where the a380 maintenance dock will be. supposed to hold 6 of them fully enclosed. weisbaden is actually going to get bigger in the next few years as heidelberg is moving the hq there. k-town and grafenweir (dont think i spelled that right, its the one down in bavaria near czech) are going to be the two major army installations with ramstein being the large en route for amc aircraft and spangdahlem is supposed to be an overflow for it but still no definate word on what will happen to the a10s and f16s yet only rumors of moving east.
Grafenwöhr, yep, near the Chech border, sorta. Fun times there, and Wiesbaden, too. 4 years in WIesbaden, 8-10 training jaunts to Graf. Everything from SAM to BNCOC.

Ahhh... memories[]

Old 11-02-2005, 03:54 AM
4th Gear

dude, have you heard anything yet about your car.

Old 11-08-2005, 02:25 PM
2nd Gear

FINALLY! it arrived yesterday at the dealers. took it for a little drive. talk about impressive. but, now i have to wait for it to clear the customs paperwork before i can actually bring it home.

Old 11-08-2005, 02:56 PM
1st Gear

Nice, pickin it up from Vogelweh?

Old 11-08-2005, 04:01 PM
2nd Gear

they shipped it to Mainz-Kastel. if all goes as planned, i should have it out in your neck of the woods by next wednesday.

Old 11-08-2005, 05:23 PM
1st Gear

I'll be TDY for the next four weeks, i'll PM ya when I return.